Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Discord Chat

->Site Updates

->Other Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Shop (Black Market)

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
Current Events
Updated: 8/18/2017

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, is underway! We also have our sideplot taking place called Junction! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our sideplot, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Junction plot is CWIS and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Godai and Grantus.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Philodai

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:08 pm

Cinosargo wrote:
Godai wrote:
I've been wondering. Could we make characters that are older than high school age? Maybe teachers?

I had the same question. Am I allowed to create a Character who's starting university? If so, then what template must i use?

Yeah. You can. Seven Stars Academy accepts anyone. So I guess choose a random year if you want.

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:17 am

We are curious about something. So like if you have a skill that raises the tier of your attacks by 1 tier. Do you use the cost for the upgraded tier during the duration or do you remain using the cost for the tier in your powers for example?

Blizzard - does moderate ice damage to enemy - Tier 2 - 6 SP

Actives Boost XX - boosts all attacks by 1 tier for 3 turns.

Blizzard becomes Blizzaga - A Tier 3 which costs 12 SP instead.

So is the cost 6 SP despite it being boosted a tier for 3 turns? Or does the cost become 12 because it was boosted to the higher tier? I am not sure if I am making sense here....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philodai

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 pm

I mean by passive skill tier boosts, you mean? If your active skill is tier 1 and costs 3 SP to use, it'll still cost 3 SP to use despite the passive skill tier boosts.

But if you're using an active skill tier boost, you only need to pay the amount of SP to activate that boost for that long period of duration. This means your active attacking skill would still cost the same unless your boosting skill says otherwise.

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhynex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 pm

I have a question about the Tension NPC system. Based on what rules say, the tension grows on the scale of 0 - 15 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100 for percentages, yes?

I'm wondering what happens in a scenario where one has 50% tension saved up, and tries to use a skill which costs 15%, for example. If you deducted that, it would become 35%, but that is clearly not an option on the scale. If you were to just lower it by one tension turn, you would have to deduct 25%, making a distinction between 15 and 25% skill costs completely null.

Same can apparently happen with other combinations as the tension grows at an uneven rate with the first increase being 15%, second 10% and the rest 25%, thus using a lower 'cost' skill doesn't quite work once you're at higher tensions.

How's this supposed to work?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philodai

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Onyx wrote:
I have a question about the Tension NPC system. Based on what rules say, the tension grows on the scale of 0 - 15 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100 for percentages, yes?

I'm wondering what happens in a scenario where one has 50% tension saved up, and tries to use a skill which costs 15%, for example. If you deducted that, it would become 35%, but that is clearly not an option on the scale. If you were to just lower it by one tension turn, you would have to deduct 25%, making a distinction between 15 and 25% skill costs completely null.

Same can apparently happen with other combinations as the tension grows at an uneven rate with the first increase being 15%, second 10% and the rest 25%, thus using a lower 'cost' skill doesn't quite work once you're at higher tensions.

How's this supposed to work?

Phile wasn't very clear on it either. But the way how I do it is treat the 15% decrease like a single level of tension decrease when you have high level of tensions. And decrease accordingly by normal subtraction for the rest. Same when you have 25% tension to spare. I find it simpler to just boil it down this way.

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhynex

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Sounds kinda lame, considering how it basically turns what was once a 15% skill into a 25% later on, for no other reason besides the fact that the scale was made in a way that doesn't account for the option. lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philodai

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Onyx wrote:
Sounds kinda lame, considering how it basically turns what was once a 15% skill into a 25% later on, for no other reason besides the fact that the scale was made in a way that doesn't account for the option. lol

It is, but it's just the way how it is.

Acquired Badges:

Information For Me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]   

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers [Member Friendly]
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Persona :: New Arcana :: General Information :: Updates And Announcements-