Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

To sleep, perchance to dream

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theevilgood

theevilgood

To sleep, perchance to dream Empty
PostSubject: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:59 am

It's been a long while since I've tried to get invested in any RP, so work with me here.

Honestly, I haven't decided whether to commit to this or not, but I'm at least making an account. I like what I've seen. Not a whole lot of RPs ballsy enough to use a stat system. I like that. But I'm having some trouble finding some crucial information. Character creation seems simple enough, but I had a few more abstract questions.

First of all, anyone who's done a search of "Lancelot Persona" on google knows that the top result directs to this site. The top few actually. But that user doesn't seem to have been active for a while. So, we've seen instances in the series of multiple people using different variations of the same spirit (multiple Take-mikazuchi come to mind). Now, seeing as I've always had a liking for the idea of Lancelot as my own persona, I was wondering if anyone would object to me using a Lancelot of my own on one of my characters.

While we're on the subject, I've yet to find a ruling of character limits. I tend to like to make 2-3 characters on sites like these so I can play around with different angles, different factions. Hell, I've even had to fight myself before... Which was awkward. Avoiding that at all costs from now on (protip, don't play every version of Xehanort on a Kingdom Hearts RP for kicks. There are fewer kicks than you'd imagine)

And speaking of canon characters, I've spotted at least an Aigis on my time observing this board. What's the rule on canons? In addition to a character or two of my own, I've always been fond of Adachi, and I don't see him listed as taken. This leads me to believe he's either radically unpopular on this site, or canons can't be taken.

Anyhow. This board at least seems to still be active. I hope to grace you all with my presence in the days to come.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:17 am

Hey there & welcome aboard ~

I suppose it's true that there are some little things like these that aren't directly mentioned in the rules. There would probably have to be a full blown rulebook if we wanted to note down every possible detail, haha. That's why people can ask. Admins/Mods should always answer you, and sometimes even older members know ^^

When it comes to the Persona, yes, you can use the same mythical figure/etc. if you so wish. We aren't really strict on that. In the end they wouldn't be complete copies anyway, since you make your own build with attacks and such. By the way, we run plots here, and that Lancelot one is from an old plot anyway, so even less of a problem. So go right ahead.

There is no character limit. You can make as many as you want. The only rule is that every character within one plot has to be played on a separate account, so that it is not confusing. Thus if you wanted to make 3 characters in one plot, you'll need to make 3 accounts. And yes, it is awkward if you have multiple and they end up on different sides. That's why it's better to be careful. You can have several, but we aren't too keen on letting people basically RP with themselves unless it's really necessary. Two characters from one RPer can't form social links with one another if they interact either.

As for canon characters...no, you can't use them. Technically, you can use characters from other SMT games if you really want to, but not Persona itself. The Aigis you saw is just an username she is using, that's all. She isn't playing an actual Aigis as a character.

Feel free to ask more if you wish ~
Back to top Go down
theevilgood

theevilgood

PostSubject: Re: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:21 am

Neato.

So about these plots. Can characters transfer between plots, or be in multiple plots at once? Or, for instance, could a character leave one plot and (given some reasonable time) stumble into another? Or do you need new character sheets for each plot thread?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:25 am

Usually not, but the rules for that tend to somewhat change for every plot that comes around. Since it is kind of up to said plot's leader to decide whether they let characters transfer into it. Seeing as for some it is rather farfetched, in case a plot is a completely different AU etc.

The best bet is to ask the one running the plot you'd want to transfer to, but it isn't likely. And often, if you do keep a character between plots they don't keep their power level. Having one character in two plots at the same time wouldn't work though. The plots are normally in different timeframes, so it wouldn't go well.

Most people stick to making a separate character for each plot, since it's kind of the best way to go, and provides the least confusion : P
Back to top Go down
theevilgood

theevilgood

PostSubject: Re: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:30 am

So basically, this is less of one massive, board-wide, contiguous RP and more of a collection of single-thread RPs? Or do plots continue along multiple threads? Is it up to the leader?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 7:36 am

They do continue. You could imagine a plot like one story playthrough of a Persona game. It's usually a wide setting, with places to explore, live at etc. You can RP as much as you want within that setting, while you solve some sort of mystery that is happening, and do your best to get a good ending. Usually, plots last between a year or two, before the members get to the ending.

Normally, we have one big main plot, and at times one shorter side plot, for those who want to play a different setting as well. The side ones are just a bit smaller in scale, and last shorter as well.

Currently we kind of have 2 side plots going on, although one is just about to end. A big main plot should be coming soon, around February, since the admin who is gonna lead it is still working on the setting and all that.

You could also look at the RP timeline here. It links the most important happenings in the plots, so you can see the progression example. Clicky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To sleep, perchance to dream   To sleep, perchance to dream Empty

Back to top Go down

To sleep, perchance to dream
Page 1 of 1