Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Quinny

Quinny

Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] Empty
PostSubject: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:34 pm

After the fight she just went through, you would think she would want to go home and rest, but that wasn't the case at all. Vivian felt more empowered than ever, especially since that wasn't the hardest battle she had faced, it was just long and dragged out. Once they exited the area, she would try to pull Sam and Gabriel aside, wanting to speak with them. Basically she was going to evaluate them to see if they were worthy enough to enter a dungeon with or not. The other two, one seemed a bit too crazy and the other seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. This was the only best option, but she had to be subtle with it. "I just want to talk to you two about all that if you don't mind." Maybe this wouldn't work out, but she already knew Sam so the other one was just someone she had to get to know. His fashion sense wasn't the best for sure, but she still felt like power was over fashion on how important this is.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 7:19 am

Samael didn't expect this temporary group to hold together all that well, so he was somewhat surprised at the woman making an attempt to keep talking. Then again, it was more the teacher-obsessed guy and the one wanting to run off doing heroics on his own being a problem to possible teamwork. At least, based on a first impression so far. He didn't want to put them in a box right away, but he did wonder how would that work. Assuming they all did try to work together at all. ''It's better than doing nothing. What's the matter?'' She probably had a reason for only going after two of them all for a talk, although he wouldn't deny that it could be problematic to talk everyone at once. He saw enough during the commotion, with everyone saying and doing their own thing.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:17 pm

She watched at the older man make his way past the two of them, to which she would ignore him from then on out. "Thanks kid, I just feel like I need someone to talk about something with who isn't stupid." She thought he was going to be smart, but maybe she was wrong. "First of all, good job out there, you did good for your first time. You'll get used to everything eventually so don't sweat it." She was surprised that he had shown so much power when fighting, but he was still new at things and all. "Like I said when we first met, I've explored the tower for a couple years now. So I'm wondering if you need someone to guide you through there, especially since you can fight now. Only because I feel like to figure out this entire problem, we'll have to enter the tower. Where else would that girl be hiding where the maiden's wouldn't find her easily?" It was just a hunch, but Vivian also was accepting the help of someone who could help her move through the tower.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 8:40 pm

''I assume you don't like the rest of them?'', he would ask, obviously refering to the others that fought alongside them just a while ago. Technically, he could see why, but better to hear it firstand if it was possible. Other than that, he was starting to mildly wonder why did several people like calling him 'kid'. One, he had a name. Two, he was 19. That's not quite a kid anymore. Though for now, he would decide to not bring that up. It wasn't important enough, and he could deal with that later, perhaps. ''I'll be fine. Although, the ones we fought weren't really that strong.'' At least the Sfalma. The robot went down fairly easily too, but it did seem to have some sort of trick up its sleeve back there, as well as the fact...that something just wasn't normal about that. Maybe they were lucky, who knew. He would give her a thoughtful look. ''Perhaps it's worth a shot...but the Maiden didn't seem weak herself. My guess would be that they could have looked into the Tower themselves had they wanted to do so. Well, before going missing, that is.'' It was just a theory, but the Maiden didn't seem like she was entirely caught off guard and steamrolled by that machine back there, not taking in mind the unexplained dissapearance. Something was going on, that much was certain. ''I'd sooner believe that there are some things we weren't told before. Whatever that is. But, I suppose we have little choice aside from looking into it as it is now.'' Speaking of which. ''Are you interested in only me? Not that I am against small ventures, but it's always a plus to have some extra versatility. I assume we would be attempting to go deeper in, which means a good deal of fighting.'' He wasn't against her idea, but he was curious as to whether she had any plans in mind, or just asking him out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 2:32 am

Gabriel watched the two talk. He wasn't sure why this lady needed him of all people. He really only listened to this Samael guy. He didn't dislike the people, but it's not like they made much impression on them. At least they could fight. "More people can drag us down. If you think me and the kid here can do it, I guess I'll go. I don't have much else I need to be doing. It doesn't help that we still don't know too much about what's going on. But too be fair, maybe we all should go in, so we can not get picked off by whoever's following us."
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 am

Vivian listened to both of them. trying to think of how to word her next sentence. "I actually thought I was the only one that noticed. It did seem our little Maiden knew something about this attack, so maybe she has something to do with it? Also that girl said she was fighting for justice right? So are we expected to be the bad guy in everything and fight her? I don't care either way but I would like to find answers." Of course, her only solution was to go into the tower and train, try to get stronger and prepare, but that obviously wasn't the best solution. "The tower is a place we can train, and you two were the smartest out of that entire battle. That teacher guy was clearly on something special, and the other one seemed like he was too childish for me to work with. So you two are my last option. Plus I barely like working with others, so the less people the better." She didn't smile, but instead held her composure with her handbag on her shoulder. "So if you both wanna join me, we can investigate all the holes in this story. Ya don't have to, but it's just a thought." First she had to establish the three's alliance and then they could talk more about everything that had just happened.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:05 pm

''If not with us, they would probably go on their own. We can decide whether to take them along later. It's not like we are going right now.'', he would say towards Gabriel. It was hard to tell, but he figured everyone would try to investigate. And it could go both ways. Too many people could cause some to drag others down. Too little could mean having not enough force if in a pickle. Those other two were odd, yes, but if they found a way to cooperate then maybe it would end up fine.

''She had nothing to do with the Sfalma we fought, but I don't know about that machine which took off with her. The girl is an odd factor. She may be an enemy, she may not. We would have to find out to know.'' Her robot did fight them, but she also did answer a question, even though rather simply. It was hard to tell what her intentions were from that one meeting. ''Those two..are a bit odd, but I don't think they are bad people. They just do things differently. We probably can't afford to be extra choosy now. The more people to cover the ground, the faster information can be gathered.'' There were five of them at the moment. That wasn't a lot. Or six, if that one guy was interested in this. This situation probably wasn't one that would be solved in the matter of days. ''But for now, this works.'' He didn't have anything better anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:41 am

Viv thought for a few seconds before nodding, still having her serious facial expression. "I'll try to evaluate them and see if we can use them. But I seriously don't need two unskilled people stepping on my turf. If you don't mind, I'd like to make the decision on if they're useful or not." She wasn't a leader at all, but she had a lot of qualities that made her the most experienced of the three, which made her feel higher than them on some level when it came to decisions like this. "Also I just want to find the Maiden and ask her what this is about, do you think that should be our first act? Cause it looked to me like she knew the powers you all awakened to, and planned on exploiting them to save her own ass. If you know what I mean." She did make a comment when the blade flew through all four of them that struck as kinda odd with Vivian, but all she can remember doing was throwing a bunch of shade and sass at her for using other people to save herself. "Oh yeah..." Reaching into her bag, she'd pull out a few bundle of vines, handing them to Sameal. "May not look like much, but when this is applied to your weapon it's supposed to give it some special effect. I think you'll have more use for it than I will." She smirked slightly. "Think of it as a 'get to know you present,' or a peace offering. Whatever works for you."

Action:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Hm. What counts as unskilled though? They all started out the same, so it was a little hasty to say just yet. ''From what I saw, we all fought about the same. You talk as if you were better than the rest of us, but I didn't see you killing them any faster. And even people without skill can learn something over time. If you don't kick them out right away, that is. Those two may be a little odd personality-wise, but it's not like they actually messed up during the fight. Sounds more like you just don't like them.'' It was a bit early to tell. And it's not like she was appointed to be the decision maker just yet just because they agreed to work with her. This was not the time for anyone to act like they were better than others. That would not help teamwork at all.

''She appeared to know, I can agree with that. Even though she had nothing to do with us getting them. But somehow I don't think we can just find her and ask right now. Assuming she knew, she must also have expertise already, so it would be dangerous to try running after them immediately. We might have to just look for clues otherwise for now.'' Jumping after the Maiden right away sounded rather risky. It's rarely the best idea to go for the big fish first. He would give her a mildly quizzical look when she suddenly decided to give him a gift. He didn't really expect that out of her after she took the time to talk about evaluation people's skills and all that. ''A peace offering when there was no war to begin with?'' Definitely backwards. That wasn't what mattered though.

''Have this then. That way I won't have to owe you something.'', he would say after a moment of thought, giving her an item in return. It was only fair anyway. They only got acquainted recently, so it wouldn't be polite to be taking free gifts already. Plus, he didn't necessarily need that one.

Whoop:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Gabriel raised an eyebrow at Vivian. She was certainly a confident person, smug even. "I think that ALL of us should be deciding. If you have any experience in combat or warfare you'd know that single opinions on pretty much anything are not recommended. If we really want to survive, let's just take everyone. None of you are experienced, so it doesn't matter who's good and who isn't. If we all go that is more firepower for the monsters." He stayed silent and watched their gift exchange. He had nothing himself to give when they had everything. "Why not chase the Maiden? She probably knows the most about this. THe more time we waste the colder the trail gets. I'm for going after the small fry or her. But if we keep waiting I will just go on my own and we can meet later."
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 6:35 pm

"It's more like a gift to make sure no wars start, seeing as we all just met, I'd rather keep everything light." What she really meant was that she did want teammates but also doesn't want to give them reasons to stab her in the back. She wasn't trying to be smug or braggy, she was just built like this in the first place. "I do have combat experience, a few years of it actually. I've been running up and down that tower for about six years now." She did seem to glare at him for calling her inexperienced, sure she wasn't powerful, but she knew how battles went down. "I've never been on a team with anyone, I've mostly done the fighting for myself so I'm sorry if I prefer my own opinion being the primary one." Pausing for a second, she'd think a bit before speaking. "How about this? We all evaluate the other two, and then the next time we meet we can decide." That sounded good right? "Also the Maiden might be the best option first. Though looking for clues is also good, so we should have someone speak to her and the rest of us look for clues."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:38 pm

''If someone deserves a war started against them, I don't think a prior gift would change much. There would be a lot less of fighting in the world if that method worked for sure.'' That would surely be quite cheap if you could get out of conflict by playing nice ahead of time. Even bad people knew how to pretend that they are not, so it didn't have to say anything by itself. He was a bit unsure what exactly made her experienced though. She hadn't seemed stronger than them, nor did she really contribute to what had happened in other ways than attacking the opposition. It was hard to see what was she even gloating about. Surely after 6 years she should be better than most people, but that didn't seem the case. ''Then you'll have to adjust if you really want to work as a team. One person trying to assert their opinion over everyone else's won't go well, even if you were the leader. What exactly is this process of evaluation you're talking about?'' It would definitely be troubling to try to fight somewhere just to test their abilities. But what else? If this was about their personality, then it wasn't exactly fair evaluation, because that would be deciding based on whether you like their traits or not. Unless you find some very prominent clue that they would want to betray you, but that is rather unlikely so early on.

''You both talk like we know where the Maiden went and already make plans to talk with her. It's probably unlikely that we would stumble upon her that quickly. Besides, how can we talk about being inexperienced, and already want to find her? I doubt she would be in a place that is easy to reach for just about anyone. We can keep out a lookout for her on the side, but making her our main focus from the getgo probably won't yield results very fast. We should perhaps try to gather as much information as we can, so that we actually know what are we chasing after, and such. We know little at the moment. Or we can try to look after the woman from that smaller robot too. Maybe she knows something as well.'' Not that she was the easier target right now, but it was an option. Her robot seemed easier to handle than the one they saw fighting the Maiden. No matter what plans were made now, they would have to adapt on the go in the end, based on what they found out.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 10:39 pm

He nodded. Well that was the end of his argument. He pulled out two small boxes and handed them to Samael and Viv. "Here you go. I have some after all. At least we can be prepared if it comes up. Perks of working with the research department are making things on the side." They could refuse them if they wanted though, and if they did, he would simply keep them himself. Though it wasn't exactly Gabriel's thing to offer something. Maybe it was the season. "But the kid's right I guess. I am honestly itching to see where this runs. The sooner we get somewhere the better. That way we'll have something to look forward to. Not having an objective kinda annoys me," he pulled out a cigarette and began to puff it regardless of what the other two thought. He certainly was in need of one and he wouldn't be satisfied until they began moving. He still had plenty left in the package he kept in his coat. Enough to last him the journey he hoped.

Offering:
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:51 am

She ignored everything the men said about her decision making skills, and focused on everything else they had said. "That's why I said we have one of us look for the Maiden while the others look for clues. Give us a task." Hopefully, the other two would pass her test, and then she'd be able to work with all of them. But no matter what these men said, she was going to evaluate them. "I'm thinking we should enter the tower with those other two, and we can all evaluate their skills in combat as well as their use. If things go south, I'm sure we three can handle one of two others. Let's just hope we don't have to fight them, because you're right, having more allies is better than having none." She held Mimic's strap, leaning all of her weight on her left foot. "Plus it's practice for you all, in case you're thrown into battle without backup." She was itching for another fight, killing those things and trying to solve this problem so she could make the colony a safer place for her sister. Viv took the gift, not wanting to be rude in turning it down. Maybe she'd be able to use it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Wasn't that sort of the opposite of what they were trying to arrange up till now? ''That's basically sending someone off into unknown territory alone. We are trying to team up for a reason, and I think letting someone get picked off isn't one of them.'' Because certainly one person would magically find the Maiden and not get in a bad situation at all. The Maiden got taken away even though she fought well. He doubted any of them would stand for long against that big machine on their own.

''I'm fine with doing some training, although I still don't understand your problem. They didn't fight any differently than us. Yet you are beyond keen on testing them, while you were miraculously fine with us two from the start. How's that fair?'' The only thing that could be strange about those two was their difference in personality. Still, Viv here was playing it like it was about fighting skills...which was a bit obstinate, seeing as in that case, she should be testing everyone, not just those two. What reason did she have to think that those two were likely to be a problem and turn on them anyway? He and the older man could easily do that too afterall. She had no proof after one battle like that. It was something he couldn't really understand.

He would take the offered item, seeing as he didn't want to be the only one to refuse. Even though it wasn't common for him to take free stuff. But he had a feeling giving the man something back wasn't the best idea right now. Regardless....''Is there something else we need to clear up?''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]   Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal] Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle Scars [Gabriel/Sameal]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next