Some shit I thought up from the top of my head. Not organized at all, but feel free to say something about it. This is just me being a bit bored, I guess. I need me a nap. Bbl. Plot Introduction:
By 2012, the world has changed as demons started to appear in society and reality started to twist and merge between the world of Man and Demon. Chaos and destruction had wrecked bastions of civilization and made the state of the worlds as synonymous to Hell. Humanity seemed to be on the dire edge of extinction. However, several secret societies have risen up to deal with these threats. Many of them once were reviled as criminals, madmen, and even shady politicians during the past peace before the outbreak of demons and the merging of realities. They have once tried to push back the demons, but have made a fatal error by 2021. While the public society would have blamed them for their failure, but their usefulness as having experience with dealing demons have made them indispensable.
However, their work is difficult and horrific as people’s true selves started to take over ownership of their own bodies and further the mayhem of the outbreak. Such possessions attracted Demons as it formed eventually tainted environments that allow them to thrive, making them walking attractions for these supernatural invaders. A testament that reality is susceptible to the influences of one's own self. Many territories on Earth has been lost to these Shadow Selves and to the demons. Many civilizations with the support of these former secret societies would mobilize themselves to reclaim these lost lands.
Now in 2050, human civilization was able to persevere by the might of Persona Users, Nyarlathotep Children, Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons, and Forgottens. Several of these secret societies have been able to survive for thirty-eight years whether it would be demonic outbreaks, land reclamation from the demons and shadow selves, or even factional wars over territory. As of now, two factions that have survived are as of follows: The Church and The Golden Dawn.
The Church, once known as the Roman Catholic Church, has somehow come to become mutated in dogma as it accepted various sects of Christianity. Perhaps this was according to the plan of the Pope at the time of the Outbreak. Yet, despite these changes, belief in the Holy Trinity and in their deity and its son continue to possess the highest relevance within the Church while various separate beliefs continue to perpetuate within the presence of their believers. Their piety and devotion hardens their resolve and their experience slaying demons and "perceived" heretics make them efficient killers. It goes without saying that they work with entities that are perceived as Angels.
The Golden Dawn, once known as the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, is a great melting pot of various occult organizations that have come to be assimilated under the 'dawn'. Even organizations to the East such as the former Onmyo-ryo were taken into the fold. They seek out the need to maintain freedom for all Mankind as they converse and work with Demons on an overall.
The abandoned city of Naraka has become an object of their interest as there may be a key to finally vanish the demons and these Shadow Selves for good. Several territories of Shadow Selves must be taken down in order to advance closer to the true goal. However, as each member of these organizations endeavor to search for this treasure, they will learn the truth of what had really happened on 2012. And the details may be staggering and shocking to many.
This is a plot set in a post-apocalyptic setting where humans are trying to survive in a reality that keeps shifting and in a world full of supernatural entities that may or may not be malicious to them. Naraka is a city that is nearly overrun by Demons and even Shadows. The goal that both organizations want to achieve should be clear. But, clearly there will be some of you who endeavor for a neutral position, which is fine.
You will be exploring the entirety of Naraka and see things that no Man should have seen. But the rewards are there. The question is, is it really worth it?Dungeon System:Stress Meter:
Taking a cue from Darkest Dungeon, every member will have an stress meter that can be filled up to 100 units. Critical hits, getting hit by your weakness, hit by ailments by your enemies, or get HP kicked down to 10% will kick up your stress by 10 units. Even watching your allies get KOed will kick stress levels up by 25 units. Once stress bar is filled by 100, status ailments of Panic, Fear, and Distress will kick in and whichever one inflicted will be randomized between the three numbers.
However, there will also be a chance to persevere which will grant a temporary 10% bonus to stats while also kicking down stress back down to 30 units. The 10% bonus will only last until the end of the battle. It is possible to kick down stress by healing. Healing (of health or status ailments) takes down 10 units and reviving 25 units. These will only affect the stress meter if the character’s state truly warrants it. It is to be noted that every two rounds of turns, stress will accumulate when traveling through dungeon by 5 units.
The stress meter will reset to 0 after each dungeon topic.Resting/Camping:
Stopping to rest will heal stress, this means not making any movements and stopping in your space. It is also a chance for characters to interact with each other to perhaps establish Social Links if needed. Resting/Camping will take down base 20% of the current stress levels of the whole team, it does not matter how long this round of posting takes. But it will always and only reduce stress by base 20% unless Dungeon Class Skills are used. However, there is a base 30% chance of being ambushed by demons/shadows.Traps:
There will be traps that will knock off 10% of your current health and will add 10 units of Stress to your Stress Meter. Traps are hidden throughout the dungeon, step through one or on one, it will activate. There is a dungeon class that can detect traps and will roll for a base 30% chance to disarm it. There will be "mimic" chests where there is a chance of being ambushed if you try to get an item.Dungeon Classes:
Every character has access to a dungeon class of their choosing. However, they may only choose one to take on and must stick with it until the end of the dungeon topic. It is to be noted that some of these classes are only applicable for Resting or during dungeon crawling. The classes are as follows:
Dungeon Class Advancement:
- Acolyte: The healer and godsend of the group. Grants a 10% bonus to healing skills and even Regeneration/Invigorate skills for every party members when Camping/Resting. Having an Acolyte will grant a base 5% bonus to healing stress during this Camping/Resting period. An additional 5% to stress healing will scale with the character's Character Rank. See below for Advancement.
- Vigilant: Those who watch out for the party. The vigilant are members where they keep out watch for the party for ambush during camping/resting. They may have skills where they can reduce the chance of having enemies attack them after resting/camping by a base 5% reduction. There will be a bonus 5% reduction that scales with Character Rank. But when that fails, they also have a chance of preventing ambush and have the party have the first attack instead in which they have a 30% chance of success.
- Dexterous: The ones who work with traps. Traps are rampant around many dungeons. But those who are familiar with traps can easily perceive them innately. However, deactivating them is a whole different beast. While they have a base 30% chance of successfully disarming them, they get an additional 10% chance of success as it scales with Character Rank. The same for Mimic traps.
- Leader: The ones who position the team in battle. Leaders will give specific commands as in re-positioning team members to take up the most ideal formations, this takes up their turn.
They serve as the team's resistant statistic against skills that may mess up for the team's formation. They innately have a base 20% resistance against enemy formation skills and may scale up by 10% based on Character Rank. When enemy formation skills do succeed in putting enemies in disarray, they may take a turn to re-arrange their formation.
More Classes might be released later
Anyone can be any of these Dungeon Classes. Every Character Rank up, they can rank up the rank of their desired Dungeon Class only once. So it's pretty much like point allocation. Everyone starts with Rank 1 and only up to Rank 4.Battle System:Formation:
There will be four known formations. And the Leader Dungeon Class will be the only one to set up these formations during battle. Enemies will use these formations as well. It is important to make use of these formations as necessary.
- Basic: Formation that has no known advantages or disadvantages.
- Surround: Surround the enemy with all your teammates. This formation allows the team to get a 30% boost in their hit chance as they are in this formation. But enemy's AoE skills will have a 30% boost in effectiveness. All-Out-Attacks are only available with this formation.
Player or Enemy initiative allows either one to start with this formation from the beginning of the battle by ambush and so on. Can be broken by Breakthrough. Teams that are surrounded cannot change formations unless after using a successful Breakthrough.
- Row: Basically the row-based Combat of Persona Q. Team members can switch around positions in the rows in their own turn, but they sacrifice acting in their turn as well.
- Breakthrough: Formation against Surround, only available once Surrounded. Success depends on Leaders' Dungeon Class statistics. If successful, then the enemy suffers a 10% decrease in current HP.
Dexterity attacks will find the most relevance here. Instead of only hitting once with a dexterity attack, it is possible to hit up to four times for most enemies. However, the player must guess the order of directions UP
, and LEFT
in order to successfully count these attacks. But remember they are all susceptible to missing, critting, blocking, and reflecting.
The amount of directions you have correct before the mistake will be counted. Each enemy will have their own unique combinations and they can only be seen by your own trial and error or through Full Analysis skills. Combos are only available for PvS and Dynamic PvS.Character Class:
There will be a new Character Class, one familiar by many people. Though it depends by the previous sideplots and main plots.