Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quinny

Quinny

Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] Empty
PostSubject: Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]   Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] FsfmHHJ
Welcome to the Hall of Mirrors.

"So if you're really wondering why you've all been pulled to this location, it's very simple really. You were all near death, about to breath your last breaths, but I saved you from this terrible fate and I'm giving you a second chance. Anyone who faces the trials and makes it out of this hall alive, will be saved from their death entirely. But keep in mind, this place not only tests the strength of single players, but also of bonds you may form. Are you really up for the task, or will you accept fate and die?"

General stuff

The location of this side plot takes on the shape of a small island, which seems to be floating above a black abyss. Though it appears that one could walk off the edge, it isn't all that simple, for a barrier is present to hold them back from doing so. In the middle of the island sits a small black cylinder shaped building, and the surrounding area seems to be lush forests, with a small clearing directly in front of the entrance.

I too have decided to use Phile's EXP system, along with having different ways to rank up to ensure you all succeed inside the dungeon. There will be a velvet room, but there is only a single attendant standing by there, Igor himself has not been seen there and probably won't unless it calls for his attention, which means making an attendant isn't an option. There will also be a slot open for the NWC and the PWC if anyone wants to take them, but they are actually not that plot essential.

Everyone will start at rank 3 as usual while also being awakened upon entering. Old characters are allowed to enter, they will just have to be started on a clean slate. This means you can't use your old persona user that is basically ultimate to rush through the dungeon. Also any character who died in RP won't be allowed for the soul fact that these people were taken from the moments they died. To bring a dead character into here would be like trying to erase what has already happened. Your characters can be pulled from any time, since time isn't a concept they use in this world, but more like a reference to make things easier when talking.

The dungeons will have a unique quirk, that will be easy to maneuver once you figure out what is going on. Of course there will be different types of dungeons, and each level is different than the last, but the concept will still be the same, you have to clear the floors to escape. Philemon and Nyarlathotep play small roles in this world, and don't have much effect on the outcome at all. Of course you can pick any potential you want, but sides aren't needed. Finally there will be six NPCs that characters will be able to speak to once they come into play, and PC's will be able to social link with one another as well. There are seven NPCs if you count the one velvet room attendant.

Honestly the plot's duration depends on the activity of the players period. Their progression moves it along which also starts to close in on the plot's end date. Though I will defiantly give it a 5-6 month lifespan, meaning the end game might begin around that time if no one has progressed enough, you have been warned. Basically I just want every one to have fun, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pull back on any ideas I've had.

New Ghost System

As the plot advances, everyone will be able to encounter the ghost of a loved one through a series of events, though they will only get this chance once and it very well might help you advance a bit more.
The ghosts will offer you two things, you either can receive a bit of information that will seriously help you with winning the plot, or you can recruit them as allies. The ghost will be played by you there on after, and will have it's own skill set. If you receive the information, your loved one's ghost will be removed from interaction for cheating. Keep in mind this might be a very tough choice, as for you each only get one loved one to see in the first place.

Also I would like to add that cheating is really looked down upon, and can get your character thrown out of the game, the rules would be posted outside the dungeon to ensure that everyone understands. Mostly because the Antags wants to keep everything fair and just.

One more thing, if a character dies in this world, they will be able to come back in a ghost form if someone chooses them as their loved one. This also counts for past characters that have died. If this happens, the original person will run this character unless permission is given to the user who summoned them. Just keep in mind that if your ghost is brought back, you will have to use the application I give you to be allowed into battle.

All ghosts are of the jester arcana and will have skill sets decided by me unless they are a PC coming back, in which case it will be up to whoever runs them.

Combat Information
Shuffle-based PvS

I'll also introduce a new Combat Phase, cause I had this idea but I wanted it to be a surprise, might as well show it off.

Basically in this combat, there is a grid consisting of two row, one for Enemies and one for players. The amount of squares in that row depend on the amount of enemies there are in combat, as do the PC ones. After each turn, the enemies will shuffle, changing positions with each other. Their new positions will be taken at the beginning of their turn, meaning they will take the damage for the enemy that was just in that position. You will be aiming your attacks at the squares, not the shadows themself. This doesn't become a hazard until Shadows switch it up and your attack reflects back onto yourself. AoEs work normally, meaning you would hit all enemies anyways, but of course there is still a chance to miss any attack. Tactical moves also count like this, meaning if you use analysis on an enemy, it could switch to an enemy you've already analyzed.

PC's also have a similar board, and are allowed to choose their movements, but only once per battle per person. Meaning if player A wants to switch with Player B, Player B must accept and the switch will happen but will only take effect for that turn, transferring any damage to whoever takes the spot. At the beginning of the battle, the entire team is allowed to switch up to three times, meaning that if Players A and B switch three times, no one on the team can move until combat is over. The switching for PC's does not take up a turn, so it can be done while acting, making it easier to use in a combat situation.

Enemies will all have the same luck, which will be the average amount for all of their luck combined, to make miss chances a bit easier to calculate. Enemies and PC's alike, cannot be effected by a speed up or slow down move in this combat unless it is an AoE, to keep things simple. If a move is reflected from a PC, it will hit the enemy that is in the position it originated from on the enemy's turn. Finally, dead enemy's positions do not disappear, meaning that the remaining enemies will have more places to move to if their allies are dead.

I will randomize the positions out of combat to keep them neat, since there is a chance that two or more shadows might end up on the same positions.

Rita also reminded me that I failed to mention that not all the enemies are shadows. Each advancement floor has different enemies, but they basically all work like shadows. But I will also be adding new types of enemies, that are just like the ones we have seen with different gimmicks. Though there will be two new types of enemies that I think are basically unique.

Yo thanks for reading this, it's just the basics but it's all I got that I can reveal on the matter.

Last edited by Quinny on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:19 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]   Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Heyo!

I have these questions yonder to ask about your plot to earn my vitally important vote.

What is the overall theme, something Science fiction with sciencey themes, something magical or something just like a warped real world?

Do characters have down time for SL and general interaction and how do you plan on managing it?

How forgiving do you plan to be regarding difficulty?

Do we operate out of a "basecamp" or just keep on going into the tower and stay there, if the former is the case, what is it like?

Is the plot wheelchair accessible? For that matter if everyone has been plucked from the moment they died, then uh, are they still limited by any issues they had in life? What I mean to say is this like a spiritual limbo or a second "reality" where if say you couldn't walk in the real world you couldn't here either?
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]   Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 pm

1) Fantasy? It's complex which is why I can't really place a genera onto it.

2) They do, plenty of time in fact. Social linking in this is a really big key. And I'll run it normally, you can SL with other PCs or any of the NPCs when they appear, plus the attendant.

3) The plot is easy depending on if people make the right choices. But like one wrong choice could bring them back into a harder point. Of course there's an easy way to win, you just have to see and understand it to fully comprehend how to win.

4) It's not a tower persay, but yes they do have a base camp if they wish, there's a small area outside the entrance where they could set up camp, but that's more for everyone else to decide.

5) Most likely they would be able to walk again, but only in this reality. Any disabilities they had would probably be erased for the soul fact that everyone needs a fair shot at the goal. Like if someone was blind, they would be given sight, or if they lost an eye they would gain it back.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]   Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:44 pm

Updated cause Phile said I could! Added most of the stuff I left out to keep surprises but I still have a bunch more up my sleeve so this will be nothing lost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]   Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors] Empty

Back to top Go down

Salmane [Side-plot thingy | Hall of Mirrors]
Page 1 of 1