Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] Empty
PostSubject: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:47 am

Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] Tumblr_inline_ndau97U4fz1r3g60l

”Your wings have been burned... You're trapped in a cage with seemingly no way out... Your trial has begun. Are you up to the task, oh lost soul of humanity?”

”Welcome to the Ender's Maze... A massive labyrinth connecting time and space in an intricate web of deception and falsehood. A place where heroes of the past, present and future have been trapped... Your only clue is a set of doors leading somewhere unknown, and a mysterious black key which one of you found... Your objective is simple. Find your way out before it's too late, or perish within the walls of the maze...”

”You have saved the world once... Now, Can you save yourself?”

The Setting

The setting is The Ender's Maze, a massive labyrinth of sorts made eons ago, which exists on a different plane of existence, uniting the world of the living and the world of the dead... You have all been dragged into this Maze, trapped, and without memories of where you came from, or who you are, aside from your name and age... If there's anyone your character knew prior to entering the maze, you will remember eachother, but not what you've done together, aside from the fact that you know who they are, and that your connection to this person is somewhat stronger than normal...

Another thing of note is that this setting is tied to the Azores/Ueitawa universe. Just thought I needed to make that clear.

Character Applications

This side plot allows characters that are either brand new, or from a previous plotline, regardless if they are dead or not. Think of it as... A Persona Q Plot of sorts, mixing old and new together, putting them in a situation where they have to work together. Unlike a Main Plot, this plotline has no Alignments to speak of, and there are 2 Wild Card Slots instead of one (One from the Present day, and one from the past. If you do pick a Wild Card slot, you can choose to use either the NWC System or the PWC system). If you do choose to play a character from a Previous plotline, you have to remake your persona (you should go so far as to change your class) with different skills, as well as a new appearance of said persona/shadow weapon. Note that this does not rule out characters that have died in a main plot, but if you do pick one that's dead, and choose to apply for a wild card slot, you'll automatically be applying for the Past Wild Card Slot.. One Rule applies to old characters in the beginning. You all start with a Rank 3 Initial/Tainted/Artificial Persona/Shadow Weapon/True Self. Note that if you do this, you must also be of a different class than the original was, as this is you Reincarnated.

When it comes to Character creation, a few things should be addressed... first, your Place of residence should be replaced with Time of Origin. (I.E Past, present or Future), and your Souldbound weapon's Range in Row Based Combat should be added as well.

Entirely new characters, that have not seen use on the site, need to have a part of their background showcase what potential they had awoken to prior to coming to the maze, as well as how they awakened to said potential. Old Characters that have awakened to their potential in a plot prior to this should put a link to the original sheet and their awakening. If the Character died at one point, the thread where they died should also be linked.

You can only have 1 character active in this sideplot at any given time. Unlike a main plot however, you start out awakened in the Ender's Maze. I will also be using the New Experience system that Philemon made for the next main plotline. You can think of this plot as training wheels for that system as well. And, to make things a bit easier on you all.

Combat and Rank-Ups

As far as Rank-ups for your Persona/Shadow Weapon/True Self goes... There's an additional way to rank-up aside from Skill Cards and Fulfilling the requirements. Completing certain objectives within the Maze can also give you Rank-ups, as some requirements for certain classes (Namely those that require Awakenings/PvP matches to be fulfilled), are close to impossible to achieve here, as you start out awakened. What these additional objectives are... You'll just have to wait and see for yourself.

The main focal point of this plot's combat is going to be Row Based Combat (or RBC), but the other battle systems appear from time to time. The Velvet Room has very little involvement with this actual plot (as there isn't one to begin with inside the maze), but you can still access the commodities as a way to make purchases, although you don't actually go to the velvet room for this lorewise. And Attendants are not playable here, as the velvet room does not exist for Non-Wild Card players, as the Velvet Room functions like in Persona 3/4, where only the wild card can see the doors.

For those not familiar with how Row Based Combat Works, I have the guide over Here.

Social Links are still available, and grant all the perks they used to in the past. There will also be a sort of Time-based mechanic implemented, that's relevant to the plot (in which way I cannot yet say, due to spoilers), but it's dungeon related, I can tell you that much. As far as the NPCs are concerned, there will be 4 of them available from the start, with more of them accessible as you proceed with the story. You can also ask them to aid you within the dungeons if your Social Link with them is high enough, but you can only have one NPC active in a party at a time.

Keep in mind that it is a side plot. If there is a Main plot active while this is still ongoing, I would like to ask of you to keep the main plot a priority, if you're even active in it. I expect this mini-plot to go on for at most 5-6 months, but it'll end faster if you're active and keep posting on a regular basis. I'm doing this mostly to try out the DM seat, as it were, before I tackle running a main plotline. And don't forget to have fun. That's the most important part!

Thank you for taking your time to read all this. I really mean it.

Last edited by Jerry-kun on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pitherine

Pitherine

PostSubject: Re: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Heyo!

I have these questions yonder to ask about your plot to earn my vitally important vote.

What is the overall theme, something Science fiction with sciencey themes, something magical or something just like a warped real world?

Do characters have down time for SL and general interaction and how do you plan on managing it?

How forgiving do you plan to be regarding difficulty?

Do/can characters remember each other if they have RPed together in the past?

Do we operate out of a "basecamp" or just keep on going into the maze and stay there?

Maybe picky but, well I like knowing useless things. ;p
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Pi wrote:
Heyo!

I have these questions yonder to ask about your plot to earn my vitally important vote.

What is the overall theme, something Science fiction with sciencey themes, something magical or something just like a warped real world?

Do characters have down time for SL and general interaction and how do you plan on managing it?

How forgiving do you plan to be regarding difficulty?

Do/can characters remember each other if they have RPed together in the past?

Do we operate out of a "basecamp" or just keep on going into the maze and stay there?

Maybe picky but, well I like knowing useless things. ;p

Regarding the theme... It's somewhat of a dream-like world... Not much makes sense in terms of how it looks because of it's foundation. You'll see why if you actually get to that point in the storyline...

As for social links and stuff, yes, they do have a place in the side-event. Not as much as in a main plot obviously, but still, I don't like removing tools from people more than necessary, and I know how enjoyable Social Linking can be, so why should I remove the most fun part of the site? Social Links are here to stay.

As for how I will manage it, there will be potential for a Judgment link at some point... And I'll pretty much run a time-based/Incentive based narrative. If you wish to proceed with the plot quicker than I have in mind, I won't object.

This might be less forgiving than a Main plot, but not too much... Things might be a bit more difficult than normal though. Not sure how things are going to pan out, but I want this plot's combat sections to be a fair challenge for everyone involved.

No. Not from the very beginning... Bits and pieces of your memory of who you used to be might return, however. So, don't give up hope just yet.

There will be a Base-camp, similiar to the Courtyard in Ueitawa. A sort of Hub, where social interactions and group meetings are held. The Wild Cards have access to the Velvet Room in Persona 3 style. AKA, only the Wild Cards themselves can see the doors to the Velvet Room.

I hope that cleared things up a bit. If there are any more questions you wish to ask, don't hesitate to ask them here.
Back to top Go down
Quinny

Quinny

PostSubject: Re: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm

So I avoided saying this period cause we're competing for this right, but I might join your plot so these are problems I need to know about.
So you said the characters will not remember anything but "Their names and ages." This is actually the only problem with me cause of the whole memory wipe thing. If someone forgets everything that makes them them, then their entire personality is irrelevant. It's like basically I give you a personality and you're like "lol nope they don't remember that so basically they're as dense as a rock."
This also means they might forget how to fight, or how to ear and breath, maybe even how to talk. Cause you specifically said "Everything but their name and age."
I would understand that last thirty minutes so they don't remember how they got there, but their entire lives? It really bothers me.
Back to top Go down
Asato Nori

Asato Nori

PostSubject: Re: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 pm

To be frank Quinny, I think you're over literalizing "forgot everything" you can't forget autonomic functions like breathing, and eating is such a basic instinct that it's just as trivial.

And while forgetting what a martial art is, is viable, muscle memory is amnesia proof.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:17 am

By what I mean everything, I mean everything that would give your character any sort of clue as to who they are. Personality and such still exist, but unless it's something that is literally burnt to the core, you'll forget your parents and even your lovers names. If anyone you know of entered the maze with you, you'd still keep your feelings for them, but you won't remember anything from your time spent with them, or why your connection to this person is stronger than others. You have a connection to someone which, in the maze, you'd have the basic understanding of, but far from the whole picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]   Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze] Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerry-kun [Plot Idea - The Ender's Maze]
Page 1 of 1