Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Azores Weather Report

Wooh! It's starting to get windy over here! Heat is slowing down, and everyone is now starting to prepare for less rain and more sweaters! Everyone be ready! It's cool now, but wait until it gets even colder! Waves are coming harder and larger in the evening so watch out night-swimmers! This has been another Azores Weather Report!

Endymion Time of Day
----------------------
Quick Links

->Site InRP Timeline

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Advertisement Board

April 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Shitposting in the Thunderdome 2008
Today at 3:46 pm by Azami Aihara

» First Watch (Callie)
Today at 3:15 pm by AkaJack

» Tykal Mahavari (Rework Endymion Plot)
Today at 2:36 pm by BreakFree!

» The Jester Arcana Board
Today at 11:22 am by Penny

» Troublesome Debut [Maverick's Awakening]
Today at 11:12 am by Penny

» Shiina's Compendium
Today at 11:05 am by Penny

» The Beast Unleashed [Shiina]
Today at 10:35 am by Penny

» In the web of the spider [Night Mission]
Today at 7:36 am by Athena

» Simple And Clean [Andrew's Awakening]
Yesterday at 10:26 pm by Wolfie977

Current Events
Updated: 6/20/2016

Heya! I'm your friendly neighborhood Larsinny, a demon here to keep you updated on the current debacles going on within the site! Okay, maybe not debacles... Anyway! The Endymion Plot, our Third Main Plot, has started! We also have our previous plot's part two running next to it for Azores! If you're a new member looking to join the new plot, you will want to choose Endymion. However, if you're interested in our older plot, Azores, you may also join that one aswell. The choice is ultimately up to you! The Dungeon Master of the Azores plot is Grantus and the DM of the current Endymion plot is Philemon.

All templates on the site have been updated, and this also includes the rules aswell. When referring to the rules, please disregard any that say "Old" or "Obsolete" as we are no longer using those rules for the Endymion Plot. Oh, don't be mistaken! I love breaking the rules! But in this case, follow them or erasure!

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates

Share | 

The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:04 pm

How about two cakes then? Or i'll try something new and we can try a banana cream cake or something. I'ts been so long since i had any bananas or anything related to that. I kind of wonder why i stopped eating my favorite fruit consistently like i used to? Ehh...noo matter, i think you'll like the banana cream cake too oki. " Hyde was saying, trying to bribe his girl with sweets. Though, Hyde would frown a bit to himself. If anything was to really happen to hyde during the last battle, he wouldn't want to lead oki on and have her waiting with no way for hyde to come back. I mean, how are you supposed to come back from the dead on your own?

"Mhm...just you and me, i got a bunch of stuff with me as an offering for your grandmother. I'm sure she would like it. How far are we from the grave site?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:42 pm

A weak smile would remain on Oki’s face as it shook its head lightly at Hyde’s attempts.

“If banana is your favorite, then perhaps we should make the banana cake together instead. That way we can celebrate the joy of your return together,” Oki said softly before tilting its head lightly questioning the frown. Why did Hyde frown like that? Did he know something it did not know? Oki wanted to know, but instead of asking it did what it could to avoid the subject...it honestly didn't know how much more it could take of the tension before bursting. When it suggested dropping the subject, the being found itself relaxing a bit more as Hyde agreed that they should focus on this moment for now.

Feeling a small weight come off its shoulders, Oki would lean down and pick up the bag it had dropped earlier, the items in it still in one piece thanks to careful wrapping. Once the bag was back in hand, Oki would point a bit further into the trees to answer Hyde’s question. After that the being would take Hyde’s free hand and begin to lead the way again.

In silence they would move through the ancient woods passing buried statues and shrines along the way. As they walked, Sasha could be found curled up next to a shrine that the fox had dug up itself. Pausing for just a moment, Oki would pay its respects to the decease that was there and even give Hyde time to do the same if he wished. When they were done, Oki would lead the way up the short path to a clearing where a single unmarked stone was laid. It was here that Oki released Hyde’s hand and moved over to the stone. It would carefully place the items it had with it before the stone before bowing and making a small prayer.

Once it was done with the small ritual it would stand and turn to Hyde with its hands clasped behind its back.

“Hyde, this is Grandmother. Grandmother, Hyde,” the being said as it made a hand gesture that seemed as if it was introducing two physical beings even if it was only Hyde and itself there. Still, the being was dead serious with the introductions as the wind in the area quietly blew through causing the leaves to whisper as if some invisible force was there; however, Oki remained quiet and waited to see what form of reaction the other had to this rather strange situation.

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Sounds like a plan, most definitely. I would be up for that.  "Hyde would say with a bright grin, banana cake seems like something he would enjoy. It's been a while since Hyde simply sat down and indulged in his favorite treats.  When deshi went and stopped where Sasha was to pray, Hyde also clapped his hands together and prayed for a moment. He wondered why Sasha stopped? Perhaps the animal was pretty keen on the spirits of the deceased. "Whoever's laying there, i'm sure they are pretty happy that we have them some respect. " Hyde would say with a definite  nod as he continued to follow.

When he first met the shrine of Oki's grandmothers resting place. Hyde also had a serious exterior. First impressions were everything here. "Ok..." Hyde clapped his hands together and went on his knees. "Hello grandmother, i mean...oki's grandmother...my name is Hyde Mizumi, i'm Oki's b-....im oki's boyfriend. " Hyde was not trying to be shy, though meeting the parent of a significant other could be very intimidating sometimes. "I brought you a few gifts!" Hyde would say as he placed down a small box and unraveled it, revealing three strawberry velvet cupcakes. I made one for each of us to enjoy together. I believe in my cooking a great ton, the taste wont let you down! Also, i have these really nice scented candles that you might like. The smell is pretty relaxing"

Hyde would then showcase the candle.  "Voluspa Goji... i think its good..." \

cakes
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:30 pm

“It is a deal then,” Oki said as it gave the other a genuine smile. It had to believe. Believe Hyde would come back and if he ever got lost that he would be able to see the light Oki held and return to this world. It had to keep that hope.

When they came to the unmarked grave, Sasha remained by the grave with a solemn expression in her eyes as she watched Oki and then Hyde pay respects to the one here. While the animal expected Oki to pay respects, Hyde would find the fox performing a sort of bow to him in thanks for his prayers too. That was something the fox did not expect. In any case when the pair went to leave, Sasha would stay behind at the grave laying down next to it to doze.

“The grave gets sunken so many times that I wanted to move it elsewhere, but if I do that the little one it belongs to may never find home again, so it sits in its spot where Sasha constantly digs it up every time we come here. Despite the location, the child is happy, even happier today that someone else came to see him,” Oki said gently as they moved into the opening where Grandmother rested.

When they arrived, Hyde became so serious that at first Oki thought something was wrong with the red head. Staying by the grave, Oki tilted its head lightly at Hyde with a perplexed look upon its face. Oki would’ve moved from its spot to check on the other if he hadn’t began to move. Oki watched what Hyde did and heard his words, feeling a warmth and pride at having the red head here now.

Even the wind seemed to approve of him as it picked up slightly to play with his hair as a whisper drifted passed him. A sign of approval. Oki was beaming even more at this.

“See. I told you, you’d be just fine. She says she is very happy you have come and thanks you for the gifts,” Oki told Hyde and then seeing the food blinked.

“Oho? Hyde made beautiful cakes?” it asked as it moved over to where Hyde was and kneeled by him observing the food with a critical eye before nodding with a grin.

“It looks delicious. Luckily, I have one item left,” Oki got up and went to the bag it had brought with it. Carefully, it unwrapped a particular bundle that held an odd bottle and small cups.

Balancing the cups in one hand and the bottle in another, Oki would bring the contents over before sitting down and dishing out the cups and cakes in a careful fashion. As it did this a rather large black bird came to join them sitting in the place that had been sat for grandmother.

Oki paused momentarily as it looked at the bird. It didn’t calculate a bird to come. Hmm..well, it was welcomed it supposed,but why did it choose that spot. Hmm...nature would be nature it guessed. In any case, blinking it would turn back to Hyde with a grin.

“Well now, Hyde and bird. I hope you don’t mind that the drink today is a bit of sake. Grandmother loved this particular type, so I brought some along,” Oki said to the pair before pausing to work on getting the bottle open. Why did it always have to be sealed so securely?

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:33 am

"You really mean it?! Wow, I got acceptance by the parent! Yosh! Now all I gotta do is continued to make you happy. Would be a challenge, but were partners!" Hyde would say with a wink as he took a squat and lighted the candle. "Hmm, wonder whats inside of the bag?" Hyde would wonder as the black bird appeared and sat in a specific spot. "A bird? Well, I guess you could say that theres two birds and an oki. Get it? Because I would be a red robin in this case. " Hyde's bright smile would then turn into a questioning grin. "I never drank before, I wonder how it tastes like? If it's taking a while to open, it must be old. Need any help my love? I'm pretty strong you know?" Hyde was getting excited now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Oki let out a light-hearted laugh at Hyde’s excitement when he was approved by the spirits.

“Did you really think you’d fail?” Oki teased with a grin on its face before the features softened a bit. “A challenge? No. Hyde has always made me happy by being right here. It took me a while, but I understand clearly now that you and only you was all I needed to be complete in the end,” Oki told the other in soft honest tones as the being stared deeply into the other’s eyes with warmth and love.

The moment would last for a moment before the eye contact was broken. Hyde went to light the candles while Oki went to the bag to get the cups and sake. When it return and sat down, the being would tilt its head at Hyde as he made his comment about birds.

“Hmm..A robin, huh? Well, I hope you don’t fly away. Otherwise, I’d have to figure out a way to fly after you,” Oki said with a light chuckle before focusing on the bottle and trying to open it. With its tongue between its teeth, the being worked with the seal, but paused and looked up at Hyde as he mentioned never drinking before.

“Huh. Well, sake is...oro…interesting. It is sweet at first and then when it goes down it warms the body. That’s why it compliments sushi and fish very well. It is also good for special occasion and wonderful warm. It was a occasional treat when grandmother was alive. When the shop went down, all the age ones burned up, but this one from the store is good…just stupid plastic seal is always hard to get off,” Oki said with a sheepish grin as it rubbed the back of its head before becoming serious again.

“You don’t have to drink it if you don’t want to,” Oki said and then hesitating it would hold out the bottle slightly. “Mmm..Perhaps you are master of the plastic seal, yes?”

Oki would fall silent for a moment before it asked:

“Oro? Hyde, what was your home like?”

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Not much of a home to be honest with you, did I ever tell you about how it was back then? " Hyde would say in a questioning tone as he continued. Wasn't much to celebrate, it was like having monsters like personas within your beck and call, being able to summon them and dismiss them whenever you wanted in the real world. But they were called demons. In this current reality, being here has a sense of peace, the peace of being normal for once and not having to worry about such problems. When we cross over to an alternate island, that threat is real. In my home, that threat is real, and we have to accept the fact that we could pass on any minute from now depending on our choices. "

Hyde would say this with a small smile. " It wasn't much of a home to me. A Forrest like this, something I became familiar with became some sort of back yard for me. It's how I survived, and I was led with the task of keeping my friends alive as well, standing as a lookout, and fighting together with them. The responsibility was.... a lot more heavier...." He then reached over to get the bottle and cracked open the seal. "Got it...and.. this isn't my first rodeo, restaurant etiquette, ill be pouring your glasses first. Hyde would say as he poured for Oki and her grandmother. "And myself last" Hyde would pour for himself and put the sake down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Oki would shake its head to the first question before becoming quiet as it listened to what Hyde said.

“Demons?” it repeated as it looked at the ground pondering that word and what it must’ve been like to have to live in the world Hyde described. It sounded so harsh and yet, Hyde was so kind. Oki would look up at the other as it tilted its head.

“That sounds like a wild world. But I am glad Hyde had friends to keep him company and I am happy you came here,” Oki said with a smile, but then the smile faded slightly as it tilted its head the other way and blinked. “Oro…You said…”we crossed over”... Did your friends come over too with you?” Oki would say looking down when Hyde took the bottle and with much more ease than itself opened it. To this Oki shook its head as it chuckled lightly.

“I never was good with those seals,” it would say and then it would thank Hyde for the sake before taking a sip. Even the black bird seem to thank him as it made a cawing sound before making a small peck at the cake. At first Oki thought to shoo it away, but figured that was going to happen anyway so let the bird be. When it saw Hyde down the sake, Oki would stare at him wide eyed for a moment before a grin crossed its face.

“Hehe. Perhaps you should try drinking it slowly next round. Unless your intention is to get drunk quickly,” Oki said with a laugh as it watched Hyde to see what sort of reaction he’d have to the drink.

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:39 am

My friends? No, they died. I don't know why I said "we" just now, i';m sorry. Either i'm mentally blocking something in my head, or i'm taking up the way that you speak too. " Hyde would say as he chuckled a bit, feeling a bit warm. "Wow, it's like a warm sensation in my stomach. " Hyde breathed out and look at Oki with a sheepish smile. "Your grandmother drunk this all the time, it must be pretty relaxing for her. "

This was Hyde's first experience with Alcohol, so he was handling it rather differently. He was mostly fit and exercised a lot, making Hyde aware of his bodily functions, also making the feelings that was occurring mostly noticeable. " Hey Oki dear...did you ever drink with your grandmother like this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:36 am

Oki’s eyes would lower slightly to the ground as Hyde spoke of his friends. “I see…” Oki said softly before green eyes would move upward to look at Hyde as a smirk appeared on its lips. “Oho? Is Oki rubbing off on you that much?” it asked with a light chuckle before settling and taking another sip of the sake.

“Mmm. It is a warm drink that is why we like it; however, despite it being a wonderful treat it was only pulled out on rare occasions. One bottle could last forever,” Oki said with a light smile as it remembered the fonder memories of its time spent with its grandmother. As it thought, it heard Hyde’s question.

“There was only twice that I can remember coming to a place just like this to relax with grandmother. The first was when the old cherry bloosm trees used to bloom. The day before the blooming grandmother prepared a lunch and took me to the grove that used to exist a while back. There in the middle of that beautiful grove, we would sit and celebrate the blooms with food and drink. It was quite fun,” Oki said with a light grin before it was fading. “The other time was the first time I had ever been introduced to the drink. Back then I was not as close to her, but despite that she lured me here from time to time. Sometimes it was simply to talk and at others she came out here to eat. Perhaps it was instinct that I followed her, but I never joined her or got to close. But for some reason that one day, I decided to approach and as a way of celebrating what she called the first step to something new, she brought out the sake,” Oki would turn its eyes towards the trees above. “It was a good time.”

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabe

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:34 pm

Hyde swayed a little bit, but he kept his smile. "Things change , you start to get closer to someone when you spend a lot of time with them, right? I'm just glad that you came around eventually, it made you get to know an amazing person who truly cares about you. " Hyde would then take a bite of the cake with the small plastic fork." Those are some good memories, I want to make some memories like that too. An annual thing we can do every year or so, something separate from holidays and birthdays. You know, you can always take me along whenever its time to see your grandmother again. " Something else popped up in Hyde's head. "Hey oki, this might be strange, but how do you feel about children? I mean, I don't know...." Well, this was awkward. "Do you ever think about having kids in the future?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Oki watched Hyde sway in his spot wondering if he would be okay or not. He still seemed to be talking in a logical fashion, so maybe the swaying was normal? Whatever the case was, as long as the guy didn’t fall or anything, Oki suppose this was okay.

“Yeah…I guess that was a good move,” Oki said with a small smile as it reflected back on its time with its grandmother. When Hyde mentioned wanting to create good memories with Oki, the being gave him a small lopsided grin. “I would love to see what the future holds for us then.”

While it was true Oki had a few friends, the company of someone on a level beyond that once more was something that Oki found itself looking forward to. If Fate was kind, itself and Hyde would be very happy together once this mess was over. Oki would linger in warm thoughts for a moment before Hyde’s question had it looking over at him with a raised eyebrows.

“Children?” it repeated before it was furrowing its eyebrows in thought. “Mm…well. I do like children; however, as far as having children. That sort of thought never crossed my mind,” Oki said and then tilting its head at Hyde it would continue. “Does Hyde want to have kids?” the being asked its tone innocent as it tried to understand where Hyde was going with this.

Characters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)   

Back to top Go down

The Spirit that Walks (Hyde)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2