Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] Empty
PostSubject: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 4:02 pm

The End of an Era

Mae walked slowly back towards the Studio, with Rin's unconscious body with her... She didn't pay anyone looking at her any mind. The rain pouring down on the streets made her clothes all wet and sticky, and the streets were now slick with water. Thunder echoed far off in the distance, and it's rumble shook the streets ever so slightly. Today had been so eventful that even Mae found herself shocked somewhat. They had met up not too long ago, discussing ideals. Then they had gone to find Asha Vatishta, and not finding him, they sought angel for advice... Rin had tried to kill the Angel in her desparation... Mae had stopped her, and this lead up to the present... Where she now was holding that very same girl she had stopped in her arms, walking the streets away from the Event... It had ended on such a sudden note... But perhaps it was better for it to be postponed. In a way, Asha and Rin got what they wanted... But perhaps not in the way they had expected to get it...

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] 5f193-rain

After a good hour or two, Mae eventually made it to the enterance of the Studio, where she, much to her suprise, and relief, found Calvin...

- Shift of View -

// Damn it, Rin... Where are you? // Calvin looked down on his phone in frustration, as if it was the iPhone in his hand that had wronged him somehow. He had attempted to call her at least five or six times by now, all of which yielded the same result... Voice-mail. Everything was set to go. Yuki had already fixed a private jet for them to get out of here... Why did she have to vanish the day everything went to hell? It was no stretch to say that he was worried out of his mind.

Just when he was about to call again, he heard someone's footsteps splashing in the water... "Huh...? Mae?" It took him a moment to register the overflow of information sent his way. The moment he laid eyes on the unconscious girl in the red-head's arms, the phone slipped out of his hand, crashing loudly into the ground, as he rushed over to the two. "... Rin...!"

- Returning to Mae's PoV -

Calvin's shocked reaction was pretty much expected. Here she was, carrying one of her best friends in her arms, and Calvin was that girl's manager. If he had acted any differently, he wouldn't be a manager in the first place... Or at least, not a good one anyway. "I'll explain later... Would you *Huff* help me get her in?"
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:32 pm

She was drowning... Drowning in a torrent of water that she couldn't swim against. The tide was too much and the fear Rin felt consumed her. She was too weak to swim through the tide... To even move out of it or swim towards the shore. She couldn't do anything... And because of that, she stopped fighting... She was too weak to fight, so why try...? Rin was swept away by the current, disappearing into the water's dark depths. She fell and her vision became blurry... And so she laid upon the river's floor... Roses surrounding her body as if in a funeral... The death of a musician? Or the end to a mind set? No one could tell as the Passive Musician dreamed her dream.

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] JMYvo4X

The rain poured down on San Malarus, the pale manager tapping his foot worriedly on the wet floor. Rin hadn't responded to any of the calls or texts... It worried him that she wasn't here yet... Could she simply be out partying? Or did something worst happen...? He didn't know and that worried him... But, his worries would prove paled as Mae walked up the street with Rin in her arms.

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] Untitled_by_katzy99-d7ghzyc

"... Rin...!" the manager called out in his calm but obviously worried voice. As soon as he got to Mae, he's take Rin into his arms and rush her into the studio, kicking the door opened as a signal for Mae to follow. It took him less than a minute to place Rin on the nearby couch and check her over for any injuries. He couldn't find any, and because of so, he'd sigh in relief. Worry still crossed his face as he sat down next to her, brushing her hair from her eyes. She'd murmur something intangible before falling back into unconsciousness.

"... What happened, Mae?" the manager asked in a hushed tone, continuing to look down at Rin with a worried look. He knew vaguely about her ventures and the likes... But he could hardly believe them, so why worry about them? It seemed his passiveness led to a downfall... And that scared him... The plane was set to leave, but... He knew he had to stay until Rin woke up. Moving her now could be dangerous, to say the least.

"Don't skip any details, alright? I know about her adventures..." he said in a more so sad tone than anything. He didn't know how to feel at the moment... Just worried and scared... But, for now, he'd be strong for Rin... He had too...

Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 3:02 pm

So... He noticed her. That's good. As long as they would get inside, that was all that they needed... No use in standing out here, potentially getting a cold... although, considering how long Mae had been outside in the rain, it really didn't matter too much for her...

"Well... You're in for a long one... I dunno if I can explain it all by myself but... Well..." Mae sighed deeply, some of her now completely soaked hair out of her face, looking at Calvin with a hopeless expression... "Where do I even begin...?" The day had been so eventful... Might as well start from the very beginning... "You know about personas and everything right? Well, that's a start..." She said hesitantly. "Right now, there used to be this... "Event" going on all over the island along with these alternate worlds... This event's purpose is simple, yet ever so important, as the future of humanity hinges upon this... Everyone with a form of Supernatural gift can participate in this event, dedicating themselves to one out of 8 angels, as a sort of election... Each angel has a wish which will shape the future of mankind. Rin was aligned with one of said angels. He's known as Asha... You get me so far?" Mae raised an eyebrow at Calvin.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Tsk, this was an irritating truth... But it wasn't exactly what the pale manager wanted. He wanted to know what happened to Rin, not what was happening to the world... Plus, why Azores? Why this in the middle of no where continent? It made the manager distressed... Unhappy... He regretted ever bringing Rin here...

"... Alright then... Though, that's not what I meant by 'what happened.' I want to know what happened to her, Rin?" the manager would sigh regardless, standing after Mae told him the answer. He was still busy... He had sent Mallory to pack her things after he came to the studio with his and Rin's bags packed... She was out looking for her son now before the four of them left to his home in Iceland... It was getting too dangerous here...

"... So many wrong things have happened... This was a mistake, you know? Coming here, that is..." he said after a while after Mae spoke her peace. He didn't care about Mae's actions... Only the fact that he had led his best friend and most cherished companion into a life like this... He had known Rin was a fragile girl from the start... Coming from a family like she did, it only made sense that the mask she wore would only get weaker in time before she fell into the maze of feelings she held deep within... That was why he and Mallory worried about her so much... Even the musician's mother knew, to an extent, causing her to extend this sudden olive branch of charity to her daughter and her friends.

"... Regardless, we're leaving. Azores is falling apart and if it's by supernatural means, then I'm taking this family somewhere safe. Stay here with Rin, Mae... I'll be back in an hour." the pale manager would say with a huff, looking down at Rin with a worried look. He didn't want to leave her... But his small car was already filled with their bags... This was irritating, to say the least, but with a kiss to the musician's head, he'd look at Mae tiredly before leaving the studio. She was left in silence with the unconscious Rin, nothing but the sound of a car zooming off in the distance being heard. It took some time before the musician slowly came too, Mellow appearing in her lap as she placed a hand on her forehead. She winced as she sat up, groaning at the feeling of searing burns crossed her back.

Of course, she was unscathed, though, it was obvious the attack left some mental scar on the musician. She seemed confused at first before her eyes landed on Mae, her heart suddenly dropping back into despair. What had she done...?

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] OYP8ELV

"M-Mae... W-What happened...?"

She didn't quite remember... All she remembered was everything getting dark before she rushed towards Angel... She had broke... And she was still broken... She was so weak, it hurt beyond belief... And to delve into that weakness at such a pivotal moment only made the musician's despair worsen. There she was, trying to be a leader to Mae... Only to end up loosing what falsified mask she had made for herself and fall into insanity... Mae had seen who the Passive Musician really was... What would she do?
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 5:09 am

"Trust me, this is relevant... So I met up with Rin earlier today, and she asked me a bunch of questions... Which I can only assume she meant to ask me as a sort of test to see if I was ready to see Asha... And I passed. So we went on to see him, and well..." Mae took a deep breath. "Asha was nowhere to be found. Rin got worried... More than you could possibly imagine. She got desperate, and so, we went to the Radio tower to see another Angel, who knows the conditions of all the other angels fairly well. Rin's state of mind at the time was... less than stellar. She threatened the Angel... Saying that she would kill her if she didn't tell Rin the truth... And well, Rin didn't get the answer she wanted so... She tried to assault the angel using her own powers..." And now here comes the part which Mae dreaded the most... But she had to tell him. Calvin had all the right to know what Mae did... "I'm not very proud of what I did... But it was the right thing... I stopped Rin from doing something she might regret... I'm the reason she's now unconscious... If you want someone to blame, blame me..." Tears had started rolling down Mae's cheeks. "S-Seeing her like that... I... I was scared, Calvin... But I stopped her before she could lay a hand on the angel... It hurt seeing her like that... It was for her own good, but... I still can't help feeling guilty for what I did!"

"I... suppose so... But regardless, you would be affected by this regardless of where you are... If we can't stop this, life on earth as we know it will cease to exist... So, in one way, it's perhaps a good thing you coming here. Rin can fight with us... She has done so on a couple of occassions already... And besides... She's a good friend of mine. I'm so glad I met her..." Mae looked down on the girl lying on the sofa. She looked so peaceful there...

"Will do. I'll keep her safe. Just... don't mention to her parents what I did... okay?" The last thing she needed right now was getting involved in some family drama... Right now, she had to keep a good look on her friend.

"Oh thank god, you're alright!" Mae said, embracing her friend tightly. "You attacked Angel... I chose to stop you before you did something you might end up regretting... 'I only kill out of mercy' remember? I know that Asha means a lot to you... but Angel did nothing wrong... Rin... What happened to Asha... I know what it is... The event is over. It's been postponed indefinetely due to the current events with the Primordials. The Mother, who created the angels... made the wise decision to call it off until we have dealt with the current threat, as right now, an event like that would only be a source of distraction from the main goal... Saving the world... But don't worry... Asha's completely safe." Mae would then look into Rin's eyes... "I'm sorry I knocked you out cold..."
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Calvin still left regardless of Mae's words. He was slightly flustered and, quite frankly, didn't know how to process the information Mae had given him. He couldn't focus on it though, and so, he left too see if the plane was even able for take off. With on last longing look towards Rin, the pale manager left.

Rin could hardly process the torrent of words Mae let out, biting her lip gently as she took in a deep breath. It was hard to keep herself calm... Her emotions where rampant and wild and it was hard for her to even tell what she would do next... Had... Had she really done that? She could hardly remember what had happened... The conductor only seemed to stir in confusion and Mellow only chimed with a tilted head. Nothing was making sense... But, then again, it made perfect sense. Absolutely and terrifyingly perfect sense.

"... H-He's... Really gone then...?" Rin said after a while, her gaze slowly dropping as she looked down at her hands. Her whole purpose... It had just up and left... Just like that. Not even a notice, a fare well, a simple good bye... No sigh was given, nothing... And now... She was alone... Alone and without her purpose for life... The despair made her sick and her weakness only seemed to rub salt in the already agonizing wound... It was hell...

"... I'm so weak... I'm so, so sorry Mae... I'm such a horrible person... I-I... I lied, and I falsified, and I corrupted... I-I'm so sorry... I'm a fraud... A worthless rat that can't do anything right... I-I'm so sorry... I'm s-so sorry..." she said through tears and sobs, she was shaking her head and clutching her ears. Everything hurt... And everything was wrong... She was weak, and her weakness had led her to this... She was a husk of herself; a puppet that had lost its master. Without her purpose, she was useless... Worthless... Powerless... She was nothing now...

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] D8b48ef1e4ba215037bc073752cd11e2

"... I lied, Mae... Asha's wish wasn't for a world of truth... It was only for a second chance for humanity... To push back the event... That was it... A-And I stopped having faith in him... I-I made my self believe that the second chance would be for naught, and that it would only e proof that humanity was too stupid to survive... A-And... And... And I had the audacity to think I could be a judge of such a fate... I-I'm too weak to do anything... I-I'm just an insignificant stain on this world... I'm so weak, it hurts... I can't do anything... I can't even properly protect those I love... I-I... I forgot who I fought for... I-I... I-I'm so weak... Weak... Weak weak weak..." the musician couldn't say more than that. She had fallen... Fallen down a path she had never wished to have seen... She had let her weakness blind her, and in her anger and rage, let it consume her being... She had abandoned even the corrupted ideals she had made for herself... What was she...? Who was she...? She didn't even know any more... She couldn't even remember...

"... I lied about Ananke... I-I wasn't mad that he didn't die... I-I was mad because I was too weak to kill him... T-They stole that from me... Rita and her sister... H-He deserved death... Deserved it more than anyone else on this planet... A-And they stole that... From me and everyone else... A merciful death was more than he deserved... B-But... I-I was too weak... Too weak to even fight back... I-I just stood back and let them decide for all of us there... I-I... I can't even be content with being passive... I-I'm to weak to even stand by and be content with the choices of others... I-I have to get mad, and angry, and scornful... I'm not worth anything..." she said once more. She didn't want to face her weakness back then, during the death of Ananke... She was weak that entire fight and nothing she could do could change that fact. And when the battle was over, her unholy need to see the piece of crap bloodied and dead was stolen from her. And then she was too weak to face how much she hated the fact they stole that from her... She hated them beyond words... And yet, she was too weak to tell them... Too weak to exact revenge...

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] IyztTaW

"I can't do anything! A-All I am is weak..."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 8:15 am

"Yeah... I'm afraid that's the case... But in the end... didn't you get what you wanted? Pushing back the event?" Mae asked, tilting her head to the left slightly with a worried look on her face... In a way, this was what she had wanted, no? Humanity wasn't ready to face the Primordials and deal with the Event at once... The Mother had seen that, and decided to call it off until the threat was dealt with... Now, what that actually entailed for the angels, Mae had no idea... Perhaps they would return one day, when humanity was ready to make a decision... Until then, they would just have to keep on trying their best to improve upon themselves...

"Rin... You're not weak... Had you been weak, Asha would never have accepted you in the first place... You were at least brave enough to take a stand, and fight... And make a decision which I couldn't... Look at me, Rin... When I stood in front of Angel for the first time... I couldn't muster up the strength of will to join her... Even though Jack, Quinn and Nagisa did so without a second thought... And you managed to find your own angel to bond with... I didn't..." She would embrace her friend, wiping the tears rolling down Rin's cheeks.

"Although... No-one should really be in that seat either... Not alone, at least. Regardless of strength, or wisdom, one person can not guide humanity on the right path... That's just not possible... So stop blaming yourself for being weak... I know, it hurts standing by, watching idly as others do everything for you... I've been wanting to help fight Thesis and Ananke as much as anyone else... But... When it comes down to it... Perhaps I was scared of them... Thesis almost killed Ayane back on Malstu when it's alternate world was corrupted... I swore to take down Thesis with my own hands, as an act of revenge... But now, I see things in a different way. Taking down Thesis and Ananke should not be something one does alone, because everyone has something on the line here, and they have an equal right to fight for their beliefs... At least... That's what I feel." She sighed deeply before continuing on, with a wry smile on her face. "Sometimes I wonder why I'm fighting in the first place... But then the first thing that comes to mind... Is my friends... Sharaku, my family... I'm fighting for them... I'm fighting for your sake as well... So, I'm not giving up just yet, and neither should you. If you give in to despair now, they are already lost... It's in times like these where you have to stay strong. Fight for Calvin, Mallory and heck, even your own parents. You have an amazing gift, Rin... Don't waste it..."

"I understand your frustration over that... Not getting some form of closure between you and Ananke... But there's no use in beating yourself up over it... What's past is past, and as harsh as it may sound, it's nothing we can change... All we can do is look forward, with our heads held high, and try to change the future for the better." Poor Rin... She was so devastated by all of this... "I won't leave your side... Remember? We're friends... We stick up for eachother, even when things look bad... Your actions today may have been foolish and reckless, but... at least now, we learned a couple of things... We're the only ones on this island that knows the Event has been postponed indefinetely..." At least that gave them some sort of purpose... "Once this is all over... I'll stay here, on the island, dedicating myself to prepare the Azorean people for the next Event... Because I feel that this is far from over..." Jack was probably off with the others by now, fighting Thesis or something... whatever was causing this strange weather... Hopefully he didn't do anything too risky, but knowing him... Ugh...

Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:08 am

She'd shake her head and brush Mae away, hiding her face behind her hair as she looked away. She didn't want comforting... She didn't want to feel anything but her misery. Being weak meant she didn't deserve it... She didn't deserve anything... She had corrupted everything in her weakness and now she was just the mess she hid from everyone...

"Y-You don't get it... The angels didn't care about us... If we wanted to be part of their wish, they'd take us in. Even if I was devoted, it didn't matter... He would have easily accepted someone unfaithful but willing to join as he did too me... I'm not special... I'm weak... And all weak people get to be are obstacles... I-I might have been his only follower... But now, it doesn't matter... Nothing matters... As soon as everyone strong enough kills or does whatever too Thesis... Then the storm will end and this'll just be a bad memory... And I'll leave... A-Asha left me... He left me... I wasn't strong enough to stand by him... And now, I can't even tell him I'm sorry..." she said in a quiet voice, lowering her head as tears fell onto her lap. She was so defeated right now... Nothing seemed capable of remedying her broken self.

"Y-You don't get it, Mae... A-Asha's wish was one of passiveness... To let humanity grow... I-I corrupted it... I made it false... I turned it into a wish that judged instead of one that had hope... A-And I hate that I did that... I-I, who had so much faith, corrupted it... I'm not strong enough to stand by one path... I-I can't even decide where I want my life to go... A-And I thought I could decide on something as difficult as this... I-I'm an idiot... A weak weak idiot..." she said with a shivering sigh, her tears drying up. It seemed she was too weak to even stay in despair... She still felt sick... A deep pit where her stomach and heart used to be... She felt empty... Absolutely empty... She could still feel Asha in her... And it pained her that she couldn't talk to him... She'd have that burden for forever... Always feeling him so close by, but never being close enough to ask for forgiveness...

"... I forgot who I was fighting for, Mae... I forgot about Calvin and Mallory... And my dear dear friends... I forgot why I had even joined Asha in the first place... I-I... I joined him so that I could be strong... A-And all I did was defile his name... And forget that I was defending someone... I allowed my self to go on this adventure too prove I was strong... And now, all I am is weak... Weak... It sounds funny when you say it a lot... Like, it's not even a word anymore... It's just an empty sound... Empty, hollow, forgotten, weak... A wisp of what it was meant to be..." she said in a whispered voice. She was truly empty... Her purpose was gone, her mind corrupted... And now that everything was gone, she didn't know how to cope but to live in her self pity, despair, and weakness.

"... I'm leaving Azores as soon as I can, Mae... I'm leaving and never coming back... This place is... It's too much... If I never came here, none of this would have happened to me... I wouldn't feel this way... I wouldn't have met Asha or been touched by Ananke's power... I'd have still been free... Free and capable of living a normal life... But now I'm like this... Broken... Broken and shattered because of myself... I-I... I'm not even me anymore... I'm not DJ Ri Rain... I'm not Rin Akinyi... I'm just... Empty... A purposeless, weak, fragmented thought... I'm worthless..." she wasn't strong enough to do anything, really. It showed in everything she did... She found Asha, and that was it. She wasn't even able to progress his wish at all... And now, she never could... There was nothing she could do... And all she wanted to do was disappear...
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:16 pm

"Rin... Just because you couldn't support him doesn't mean that it's too late... I dunno about you, but... If you feel this weak and miserable... Then I suggest doing something about it. This isn't over yet, I'm sure of it..." Mae looked at Rin with a determined look on her face. She wasn't going to let her friend be like this... It hurt to see the normally cheerful and proud DJ Mae had met all these weeks ago be this tormented by her own actions...

"Stop saying that!" Mae resisted the urge to give Rin a big slap right accross the face. "You're not worthless and weak! You're my friend, damn it! There's no use in tormenting yourself over something like this. It doesn't help anyone, Rin! Least of all, Asha. You can still change for the better!" Mae frowned at her friend, her tone slightly raised. Not a full on scream, but it was definetely louder than normal.

"Rin... I'm still here with you... If you need a new reason to keep fighting... I'll help you find one... That's what friends do... You can still get stronger. There's still time..." Not much of it, but nevertheless, they still had time to do things...

*Smack!*

She couldn't hold it back anymore. Mae slapped Rin pretty hard. Her eyes were furious. Why could she not understand? Did she really want to be this miserable? Of course not! And Mae wasn't going to let her friend keep hurting herself like this anymore. "Are you even listening to yourself!? YOU'RE NOT WORTHLESS! YOU'RE NOT WEAK! We all make mistakes! It's called being human! You can't sit here and blame yourself forever!" Tears rolled down her cheeks now, and her voice started shaking. "Please... Don't you understand that you're important to me?" She didn't even care that Rin was leaving after all this... That was her choice in the end. But Mae couldn't just let her leave... Not like this anyway... If anything, She wanted Rin to leave Azores with a smile and fond memories with her... Not this self-loathing Rin that sat in front of her now...
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 pm

The smack was hard... Hard enough to clear her head for a few moments at the least. She gasped silently, Mellow chiming in shock and giving Mae an angry face. Rin rubbed her cheek gently, blinking the last few tears out of her eyes. It stung... But... It made sense, Mae's words, in a way... But... She still felt so empty... So despair ridden... It felt terrible...

"... The worst type of despair is when a strong hope is destroyed..." she said quietly, letting her hands drop into her lap once again. It was true... What more could you ask from her at this time? All of her hope had just been dashed to the wind... How could she recover so soon...? She didn't know... She couldn't know...

"... I'm empty, Mae... No matter what you say, my purpose is forever gone... But..." she said with a shaky sigh, wincing gently. It hurt to breath... It hurt to think... It hurt to do anything, quite frankly. What was there to do...? She didn't know... Everything had been for naught... She'd laugh though, a sad smile crossing her face.

"... You don't get it... Weakness has nothing to do with friendship, Mae. People who are weak can be terrifying... Weakness consumes the mind... Just look at some of the world's most famous tyrants... They were so terrified of their people that they sent them into oppression... Weakness consumes..." she shook her head, glancing away. She breathed in shakily again, not bothering with sniveling any more... It wasn't worth it... Life had to move on... It'd do so with or without her... Might as well trudge on with it...

"You are important to me, Mae... And I know I'm important to you... But... What more do you want from me...? Everything is my fault because I am weak... No one can tell me I'm strong... Because, if I was strong, I wouldn't have ran away in the first place... So long ago... Just abandoning my family and running away from them... A strong person would have stayed, to prove to her parents she was better than they made her out to be... But, no, I ran from my hardships... And I've never stopped running sense..." she said with a weak laugh, shaking her head as she brought her sleeve up to dry her cheeks. She was a mess... What would you expect from someone like her, though?

"People like me... We act like our hardships will never catch up to us... We make ourselves think we're strong, powerful... But, when we're finally proven we're not... Death is a mercy... People like me... We're thrown into asylums, drugged to placidity, forced to live a life we never wanted... I don't think you truly get it, Mae... Life is cruel... And people like me hide that fact from ourselves fervently... Life is a terrible thing... It can be good, yes... But only too those lucky... I'm not sure if I want to keep living... I'm not sure what'll come of me in the coming year... But... What point is there? Weakness never leaves an impact on the world... I'm insignificant... People will forget me... I won't matter for much longer... Even you'd forget me... But that's how life is... You either devote your life on the past, or you move forward towards the future... But... I don't know how much longer I can just move forward... Just pretend to be living... I don't want too do drugs, continue to get drunk, cry pathetically like this... I just want to sleep... To sleep and be at peace..." this was hard to say, it truly was... She never wanted to face these emotions... And here she was, saying them out loud as if it was nothing... But... She couldn't give up, could she? What point was there... Continuing was too much... Too hard... No paths were pleasant, easy, fun... They all spoke dread... So... Was there even a point...?

"... The future is so... Painful... But... I don't want to die now, Mae... I want to mourn, for just a while longer... But... I want to get up one day soon and move forward... I'm weak... But... Weakness can still do something... I doubt I'll do anything... But... Now I'll mourn... I'll cross that bridge of uncertainty when it comes, Mae..." she said with a sigh, resting against the couch with a sad look in her eyes. She'd have to get up one of these days... It was either that or be left behind... And that was a fate worst than death... She'd be strong... If not just for a moment in time to continue forward...

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] Tumblr_inline_msio32KgPE1qz4rgp

"... You're a precious friend, Mae... I-I don't know where I'd be without you, honestly... Don't ever forget how much you mean too me... Thank you..."
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:28 am

"I suppose so... But there's always something good coming in the end... At least, that's what I think..." Mae sighed deeply. At least the slap had worked... sort of. She stopped crying at least, so that's something positive... "Sorry I slapped you like that..." Mae looked down on her lap...

"Well... If you don't have a purpose now... You should look for another one then... You can't live like this..." Mae laid her hand on Rin's shoulder... "I'm sure you'll find one eventually." With or without Mae's help... Purpose wasn't easy to find... but if anyone could do it, Rin could... Mae had to believe in her...

"I suppose that's true... But they had no friends who were willing to back them up... They ruled with Fear... Not compassion and care... If no-one cares about you, do you care about others then? No... You're different from all the tyrants. I can see that. So, don't compare yourself to them, please." Oh, poor girl... She needed to go through this eventually. And Mae was going to help her through this ordeal. "You're far from alone..."

"All I want is you to be happy... Is that so wrong?" Mae sighed, looking deeply into Rin's eyes. "Well... It takes more strength to return... If you need help with it... You know where I am." And that was that. She wouldn't let Rin face this on her own... Not in her current state of mind.

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640
"W-What did you just say?"

Mae looked at Rin with complete and utter disbelief. Did she just say she didn't want to live anymore? "Rin... Please... don't ever think about taking your own life..." Mae clenched her fists tightly. She was shaking visibly... Rin was someone she couldn't possibly afford to lose... Honestly, Mae didn't listen to the rest of what Rin said... She was just so... shocked that Rin would consider suicide as a viable option. "...I won't let you..."

"Alright... As long as you come out okay..." That was now Mae's goal... To see Rin smiling genuinely at the end of all this... She made herself a promise to make sure that happened... No matter what.

"I'll never forget you... Ever."

And with that, she pulled Rin into a tight, almost motherly embrace, that she wouldn't let Rin squirm her way out of... "I'm here for you... Always..."
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 pm

She smiled weakly and nodded her head. All in good time... It didn't matter now... She wanted to mourn, and one day soon she'll feel better... She'd move forward from this event with her head held high. That was the only thing she could do... This'd all be a bad memory with time... They always became bad memories in time...

"... Alright, Mae... I'll be okay..." she said simply after Mae spoke, nodding her head before laying back down on the couch. She looked tired... Too be frank, she'd be tired for a while now... Maybe... Maybe she'd move forward... Maybe she'd do something else... But right now... She just wanted to sleep... Regardless, she'd smile gently before closing her eyes... She fell asleep soon after...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:43 am

"Rest well, okay?" Mae said faintly, as her friend fell asleep on the couch. She had earned her rest. After all, today had been an exceptionally long, and exhausting day for Rin... Mae stood up, looking around for something like a blanket to cover Rin with... Naturally, there wasn't anything, really, so... Mae's jacket had to suffice. It was still a little wet from the rain, but it should do nicely... After that, the girl sat down next to her friend, keeping a watchful eye over Rin until Calvin returned... Oh, how relieved she felt that Rin was now safe... Hopefully things would go better for her and Calvin... She had to get ready for the future herself... "..." Mae was tired as well... Her vision started getting blurry, and before she knew it, the girl had fallen asleep on the couch...

~ Mae Iharu has left the scene ~
The End of an Era - END
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 5:54 pm

User's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]   The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi] Empty

Back to top Go down

The End of an Era [Rin Akinyi]
Page 1 of 1