Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paige

Paige

Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:32 pm

...Wow. For a moment there, Hyde sounded intelligent. As in, really smart. It took Julian by surprise for a second, although he kept his face neutral enough so that his shock wasn't visible. "No, that's not what I mean at all." The teen shook his head lightly, thinking back to Angel's words. "According to that girl, all the angels should be dealt with one way or another. Fighting them is an option, but one I'd prefer not to use unless we have to. I was thinking more like convincing them to help us one way or another. Who knows? Maybe some of the angels want similar things in the end. Things we want too, maybe. Maybe we could, I don't know, work together or something. It's more hopeful wishing than anything, but it'd be nice to try before we pick one angel and say 'now let's go kill the rest'."

Lunapa...yeah, that would make the most sense. That is, if the alternate one was the same as Azores Lunapa. "'Deep in the forgotten forest lies a castle.'" he recited the phrase verbatim, being slow and careful with each word. "When I talked to Angel, she said there was an angel there. Apparently they're doing something with some kind of light in the area. What that means, I don't know, and neither did Angel. I was thinking you might've done some digging there somewhere like that and could shed some light on the situation?" ...He'd have to smack himself later for that unintentional pun.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 5:29 am

“Ahh, I was never that kind of guy anyway. Nobody should be treated as assassins for things that they aren’t ballsy or strong enough to do themselves. We would have to lie with the guilt of killing someone; angels are still people in a way. If they are anything like miss divine. “
Hyde would then raise an eyebrow to the next statement. “Well, remember when those two girls were kidnapped? They were taken to Lunapa island, the alternate one. There was one situation where one of them fell in the water and one of my friends jumped in to save them. The lights in the water helped them along the way. If the lights have something to do with the angel, that angel just saved someone’s life. If there is anyone we need to find, it’s that one. Plus, it’s my favorite island, of course it would interest me. Alternate Penecia interests me as well because of the significant circumstances, but we should visit that forest maybe? Hopefully nothing bad pops up beforehand that can detour us.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 2:38 pm

"If you want to look into it, I say go for it. You already know a lot about that place, it seems." His friends must have given him a pretty decent account of the incident, and more likely than not the pinkette could call on one of them to help him out. "We are running out of time, though. I think you should look into Lunapa a little while I find some information out about Penecia. That way, we can cover more ground, maybe make some headway before something else goes awry." At this point, time was the enemy, and they still knew so little, it seemed. Might as well clear up some of the mystery as much as he could before dragging too many people in with him.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Sounds like a plan….”Hyde would say as he nods his head in agreement. “Alright, he next order of business then. What’s going on with the team so far? I see that you had contact with Mae; did you run into any more users like us? We need all of the able hands that we can get right about now. I met a few actually, I didn’t tell you about Jack did i? He has a separate squad as well, must have took him a while to put together the number of people that he did. ‘ Hyde would then shift over to a nearby vending machine and press the instant coffee button. “I’m sorry, did you want something? Got a few extra coins in my pocket if you are thirsty or something?”
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:58 pm

Julian fixed Hyde with a look of mild disbelief and uncertainty. What the hell did he mean "team"? Julian had been on his own since the whole thing started. He wouldn't mind working with a group, but everyone seemed to have their own ideas, and as of late, he wasn't sure he'd actually met these "friends" of Hyde's. He had a sneaking suspicion he might've, though. One he was positive about, the other...well, not so much, but he figured there couldn't be two people with a name like that.

He listened intently to Hyde's little exposition, waving a hand in a polite "no thanks" gesture at the offer of a drink. Eugh, vending machines...they had so many high calorie, sugary foods and drinks in them. Canned coffee wasn't quite as bad as soda, but in his books, it was pretty close. "You know those things have an obscene amount of sugar in them, right?"

"Anyway, I haven't met any new people besides Mae, but I think I've met your friends. Naomi and...Sharaku, right? Turns out Naomi and I traded numbers a while back."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:19 am

“Yea, how is Naomi by the way.” Hyde would say casually as he pressed the instant coffee button and the can rolled out. “Me and her have been on bad terms as of late. She pretty much hates me because of what happened in alternate San Malarus, one of her friends, the A.I, I guess their friendship is in a dangerous predicament because of me. From the way things were already set up. It was bound to happen but….” Hyde would then reach for the can. “ Anyway, hope you two are good friends. You already met two of the people that I work with constantly. Another two is Alphonso and Shunouske, but I just call him shun. Do those names ring a bell to you?”
Hyde clicked open the instant coffee and started to drink it. “Well, you know how active I am. I would probably burn it off with a run or something. But yea, that’s one of the groups that I fight with. I’ll admit, I do have my second thoughts sometimes, only because of my self pity and with e thinking that I’m a lot more trouble than I’m worth. But I’m still trying my best.’ Hyde brought the can to his lips and started to drink some of the coffee, but he made a sour face immediately. “ Ehh… bittersweet as always… but I’ve been making contact with the other persona users to make sure that we are all on the same page here.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:36 am

"I haven't seen her since last year." And that was for some weird test she was running, to "try and determine the cause of the epidemic in San Malarus". No wonder she'd been so vague about her research. It wasn't like she could blurt out all that stuff about personas and nonsense. She probably thought they'd see her as crazy; and really, she was right. Who would believe a story like this?

Shunnosuke? Shunnosuke the sophomore, with the blonde hair and the feminine traits and the...well, him? It had to be. There was no other person in school with that name as far as he knew, and it was a rather strange name for this part of the world so he doubted any random visitors or even a people walking down the street would share it. Alright...so he was a user too. That...didn't exactly make sense, but at least he knew the person.

After a short nod, Julian would respond. "How's that going? We all playing the same tune here?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 am

“I don’t know to be honest. Really depends on who finds what angel, and how they feel about that angel. Like I said, it’s a game of toss-up. We all know that we don’t want thesis to win, that’s the one thing that we all can agree on. But as the rules of the angel representation, everyone has their own kind of wish that they want granted, you think all of these people are going to agree on the same one?” Hyde would then take another sip of the instant coffee. “So that’s the thing here, and honesty speaking, mankind’s continuation is the safe bet to instill some willing cooperation. Nobody wants to die for the sake of the selfish greed of some random god like being. What kind of wish are you thinking about anyway Julian? Anything specific? Believe it or not, that question is more important than you think, cuz its likely that the wish you have for humanity is something that an angel would agree with.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:51 pm

"I don't have a wish." Julian replied in a matter-of-fact manner. Really, he didn't. Sure, it would be nice to have less crime in the world, maybe more trust, but this was the human race he was talking about here. There would always be people out for their own gain, looking to harm others, whatever. Sin and strife was practically encoded in their DNA. Besdies, wishing for a perfect world seemed so cliche and...boring. What fun was a world where there was no struggling, no highs and lows, no sense of accomplishment after long days or months of years of striving for a person's dream against fierce opposition? No, thank you. Julian would prefer this world any day, no matter how fucked up it could be at times. "You have one?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Well, I wasn’t thinking of anything that was a bit cliché. I wanted a world where people wouldn’t lose their smile. Maybe that might sound like a perfect world to others, but even the worst of situations shouldn’t be able to take your happiness away from you. Maybe it’s giving people everyone a chance to smile earnestly and turn their lives around?” Hyde would say as he scratched his head. “Maybe make our world more like alternate penecia and give everyone a persona? But maybe that’ll lead to war, so not that, but persona is basically realizing our potential. So how can I wish for that without wishing for war at the same time if that could serve as a chain reaction to people who are different or weaker?” Hyde thought again. “Maybe I’ll know it when I see it. Someone or some angel will say it, probably better than I can, and ill recognize it? Do you believe that there is something you always wanted for your life and others without recognizing? Like it’s hidden in your heart or something?
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:49 pm

"Hidden in your heart"? Kind of a weird way to put it, but it worked, he guessed. "Of course. That happens all the time in life." Surely he must've experienced firsthand. Maybe not with something as dire as wishes for humanity, but even as something simple as a conversation. "It's a fact of the world that you need other people. Without them, you wouldn't have another viewpoint, or new ideas. You'd be stagnant. You wouldn't grow. Works that way with everything, I'd think; your future plans, your wants, your interests..." That was more information than Julian cared to spout all at once outside of a legitimate debate, so he cut himself off there with a dismissive shrug.

"Did you call me here to have this discussion?" the teen raised an inquisitive brow. "I don't mind, but...don't you think you could've chosen somewhere less open?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:25 pm

“Well, like you said, we need people in order to grow. “Hyde looks around himself and smiles. “We are around the people, the ones that we are undoubtedly fighting for by default, and they don’t even know it. Being immersed into society like this and seeing everyone’s faces, especially when it looks like they are having a good time without a care in the world, how do you feel about the fact that what we are doing could possibly protect it?” Hyde would then shrug . “We can talk about whatever you want Julian, just haven’t seen you in a while, and I ….oh! Did you know about the Olympics thing that’s supposed to be happening in Zela? The student council president told me about it.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:46 pm

// ...Not what I meant... // It was too much hassle to go back and try and correct Hyde's assumptions at this point, especially when the guy had already popped over to a new topic. How he did that so fast, Julian had no idea. ADD, maybe? Or it might've been the sugar in the coffee affecting his brain. Either way, best to just roll with it.

Julian stuffed his hands in his pockets, eyes widening in mild surprise. "Olympics thing? First I've heard of it." he'd pause for a moment before grimacing playfully. "I kind of hope that's something people volunteer for rather than the administration...y'know, voluntelling the sports clubs to do. I don't think either of us can spend too much time on something that involved right now."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:48 am

Well, I always wanted to do something like this. Also, I think it would be pretty good for one of us to be on sight if there is another big interruption for an important event, like thesis showing up again. At the very most, everything goes black and white again and people are remained frozen in time, this at least gives us a chance to fight without blowing our cover.” Hyde tried not to think too much about it. “I try to consider things as a safety precaution for others, you know what I mean?” he had hoped that Julian understood the point that Hyde was trying to get across.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:09 am

"True." Julian shrugged lightly. He still wasn't fond of the idea of forced participation in this "olympics", though. He preferred being alert and on-call in case something popped up, especially since that broadcast. At the time, he'd been tied up with a prior commitment and couldn't afford to run off to the radio tower to check into it personally. So he'd been forced to sit that one out, and therefore fall behind in everything that was happening. Not again. The next time anything popped up, he was going to make sure he was ready to hop over there ASAP. "So do you know how the whole olympics thing is going to work or is that going to be announced later?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]   Simple day, complicated problems [Julian] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple day, complicated problems [Julian]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next