Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Showdown Time [Gran-chan]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Maya smirked a bit and looked at him. "Easier said than done. I could never do what you do. My life has been locked into this. Either I find you all, or they find me....I don't know what's become of them anymore, but I know I am always watched. I can't leave them or do anything but my mission. To find others, it is a prospect long forgotten. Fighting for myself is all I have." She held onto her blades tightly, and set them next to each other, feeling their weak vibrations. "I have only seen cruel faces in my life; all of the bright faces have died to me. There's no escape for me. Maybe you are just luckier..." she stayed silent herself for a few moments, when Sharaku asked what she'd do, she reached into her pocket, and fiddled with something; a remote. After pressing a button, the odd machine seemed to become taller, and a small compartment opened up at the bottom, and a small black cat sprung out, most likely extremely happy to see its Dad again. The machine had odd qualities. It was both the source of their powers being able to act, and had amazing defensive capabilities, even able to hold something as delicate as a cat inside. It was all thanks to that man and that woman's design to get that machine even though now it was essentially useless. She hated that woman's honor, but perhaps she had taken after her and grew a code for herself as well.

Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 200_s

She tossed the remote aside her, the machine still giving an eerie faint glow. "I've given up. I do not want to die by my own hands; perhaps that makes me a coward. I wanted to see what the outside was like before I perished....but this is the next best thing. Sharaku, you can get rid of my number I suppose....I won't need it anymore. Just finish me off. If I don't die here, then I will be forced to live out my duties until all of you are captured. I won't...Maybe I want to live, but if the endgoal is never to have what I want, then it isn't worth living for. You may think it is, but we are two different people," she said. She placed a weak hand over her eyes and wiped away the water. "I'll never understand you, but at the same time, I'm jealous of you. If I was just someone who escaped during that time with that red world...maybe I'd be different. I'd claw your eyes out if I could....but I respect you. Despite all of that you have a light I would never have. Just go ahead be done with it. I can't keep living this way. This a selfish request coming from someone who you defeated, but it is my last." After that, she laid there silently, with her eyes closed. Passive, and admittedly frightened. But this had to be done. If she defied them, whatever was left would find her. The woman, so paranoid, so sad, and so determined to earn what she felt was hers, finally felt the final light in her fall into the darkness. Oddly enough, she felt at peace; at peace with futility, and ready to move on into the final chapter. In a way, she was grateful for Sharaku's interference. He protected himself, his friends and other forgotten she could have easily targeted first, but Sharaku was the first to catch her eye, since the day he gave himself away, it was all she could do to simply not attack him immediately. But, it all caught up to her, and soon she would finally get her last rest, and maybe meet the people in charge of this world. She took a deep breath. Sharaku was a man; and she knew he had it in him. He may be able to have mercy, but could he resist striking down who just tried to kill him? Sharaku needed to cast aside his heart, just once, and then they would never meet again. It would be his decision. They weren't friends and they had no right to be. She was just a hired mercenary, and Sharaku was one of her targets, yet the man she knew was more than that even as the fight went on, she knew something was in him that kept him going. She was not oblivious to what was happening around the islands, but one could say she stuck her head out of that business. But Sharaku didn't even at that risk. Perhaps he was a lot more even than Maya Briggs learned...though even Maya Briggs was not her name, so perhaps she never knew him at all, such was her fate - the fate to never know what that side of life was like.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:08 am

Sharaku would frown lightly as she spoke. He did get her concerns, but he wasn't convinced by that very much. She could keep claiming that she was trapped, but wasn't it her who chose to go along instead of resisting in the first place? She risked all the time by carrying out her supposed duty, fighting those she chased. They could just as well have defeated and brought her down. So why didn't she oppose those that were enforcing it on her then? The difference wasn't that astounding. If she could fight and hold her own against someone like him, then she could probably face off others with a good plan as well. But she had not. Why? It was simply a matter of who you viewed as your enemy, and what you did to change things around.

And besides that..he did not want to do it. He was capable of killing someone under some circumistances, but this was far from one of them. If she believed he would want to, because she caused him so much trouble, then she was wrong. He wouldn't want as much as death because of that. It didn't feel right. For now, he would let the cat trample around his feet, looking back at her. ''And what if I refuse?'', he'd ask in a low tone. ''I don't see myself as a killer without it being completely necessary. Nor do I think you couldn't get out of it at all.'', he would observe her thoughtfully. ''You keep saying that you're being forced to do it, and have no other choice. Still, I've seen that you can fight well. Why do you not oppose those that are trying to control you then? What is the difference between that, and hunting down people like me? You end up battling for your life in both cases. It may not be worth living for when you're sure you can't get what you want. But can you claim so without hesitation? There is always something you could do. Many people have a heart. Perhaps there would be those that would help you get your freedom. Maybe even those that you're trying to hunt. They know how it feels after all. If you truly want to live, then you can find a way. Besides, the times may end up changing. I don't know how much you know of what is happening here right now, but depending on how this ends, the world itself could change. And if it fails, then we'll most likely all die anyway. I don't see much point in seeking death sooner, without giving it a chance. People can accomplish a lot when they work together.''

Whether she liked it or not, she was going to have a really hard time convincing him to do what she wanted. He wouldn't choose to kill that easily, unless it was inevitable, or the said person truly proved to deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 Giphy

He wasn't going to do it? Well....guess that's it then. "I guess we'll see. But don't be surprised if I come after you again. Life is not so merciful to people like us. I suppose I need a rest then...I will come back. My goal hasn't been completed yet after all. So enjoy your life Sharaku Rikei. Maybe you will come out on top of what has been going on. I can't say I care much.....goodnight..." Afterwards, she closed her eyes, and slipped into the deep unconsciousness of her mind. Her weapons lied there, as well as the remote and even the machine, now in the dead of night. The battle tore apart the ruins, and most likely this was going to reach the news in the morning the moment it was seen. Sharaku still had his chance, but perhaps by his show of mercy, did it make the woman realize that even as light falls into the darkness, it never truly goes away. In fact, a hope is always there even to the most cynical of people. You may misplace it, or forget about it, but it is never truly lost. Maybe the same was for Maya Briggs and she merely needed a kindred spirit to help show her the way...or maybe it was another pipe dream she had before falling into her deep rest.

Battle Completed - You Have Survived

Shuffle Time:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:51 pm

The following stat increases by 5:

Sharaku:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:15 pm

That was that then, eh? Well, at least she didn't insist on it. Sharaku didn't really want to spend a prolonged amount of time arguing on the subject. He'd watch her for a moment with a faint smile. Would she really try to come after him again? That he couldn't know. Frankly, however, he would probably come after her first. Not to fight, of course. He wouldn't wait to see whether she'd make an attempt again. Besides, he was somewhat interested in knowing what she would do. He would have to ask around though...it wasn't like he knew where she even lived or anything, except for a few things she indicated here, or at the festival back then. In any case, he had some time, most likely. He doubted she would be doing much right away.

Now, it was probably time to leave. He couldn't do anything right now, and he was kind of tired himself. It was pretty late by now, and that fight had not been a walk in the park...

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Sharaku and Maya's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Time [Gran-chan]   Showdown Time [Gran-chan] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Showdown Time [Gran-chan]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4