Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Penny

Penny

A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] Empty
PostSubject: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:16 pm

A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] BYdDRf8

Now this was bothersome... Rita was dreading this right now, for sure. In any case, it had to be done, there was no way she could avoid it if her intentions were to get into a deeper relationship with Lia... really, the performer was her best friend, there was no way that she could lose that and the possibility of maybe getting farther with her, right? This was scary... really, really scary... but, well, it needed to be done.

"Hey, Lia? I, uh... I wanna talk to you about something. Do you mind meeting me behind the circus? I'd prefer to talk about this alone..." Obviously, Rita would call Lia's personal phone and say that if she picked up. Rita's voice sounded sorrowful, almost, a bit sheepish if anything. She really was still scared about this... why was it such a necessity, though...? A friend as a friend and Lia was her best friend... Rita couldn't bear to lose her after him as well... that'd just hurt too much.

If Lia accepted, Rita'd already be standing at the back of the circus, using her employee keys to access it and would be sitting in plain sight by an animal cage, looking up into the sky absentmindedly. She'd probably look quite aloof but really, her face was showing quite a bit of worry. Apeiron, in turn, would be sitting at the ground and pitter-pattering around, pecking the ground a few times. If Lia refused, Rita'd ask whether there was a better place and, if so, go there and do much the same, except replacing the animal cage with whatever nearby object she could lean on. As she sat, Rita wondered if Lia would come or not, worried sick about this issue that she wanted to talk about...
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:21 pm

It wasn't hard to find a chance to meet her, since when she approached the circus, she found that the place seemed to be packing up early for the day. Lia had agreed beforehand to meet her where she wanted to. People were a little tense, so perhaps performing today wasn't the best idea. She would show up behind the circus in semi-formal attire, but she had makeup on, like she was meaning to prepare today, and naturally she would have been if whatever mess that happened today didn't. She didn't seem hesitant at her, but she definitely looked like something was on her mind. "Hey..." she said walking up to her. "Are you okay? Hard not to hear about that...or...see it instead..." she frowned at the rifts that still were scarce, but hard to not notice one of them nearby. She had a rough time taking it all in. Her background was essentially out of a storybook and she had trouble accepting it. She still didn't understand much of what is going on about all of it. "Did you need something? You don't have to come in to work probably next week, since we will probably close down this weekend just to see what develops. If we think we will be busy we will open up," she informed her. She still seemed able to speak to, perhaps because of them already being good friends beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:35 pm

As soon as Lia rolled over, Rita seemed to get into a better mood, only to be thrown a bit off guard and off-put by her staring at a rift. She didn't pay much attention during the broadcast, but normal people could see rifts now too? How bothersome... Rita needed to make sure that Lia didn't try to get involved, or else she'd be worried sick... at least the performer was still reasonable in talking to her, and that was good... the last thing Rita wanted was to lose one of her only remaining friends. Heck, she wasn't even sure if her brother had watched that thing... well, he wasn't in the Azores so probably not, but still...

"Lia... I-I'm alright, I was more worried about you... I was scared that you wouldn't want to be around me anymore..." Frowning deeply, Rita hugged her arm before sitting up and approaching Lia slowly. Of course, Rita was just a regular human... the power of Persona was a natural one that humans got, right? The power of the Ego... at least, that's how it was described on the internet. Rita wondered whether or not it'd be possible that Lia could get a Persona... but, honestly, her popularity would make it so she wouldn't be able to set foot outside without being hounded mercilessly, if that happened, that was obvious...

"I... I see you can see those now... d-don't go in them, whatever you do! P-please..." The silvernette really couldn't work out what to say... Lia seemed put off as well, but she really didn't understand why Rita was here? "Um... no... I said I wanted to talk to you, but it's not about any work stuff or anything... I just want to talk. I'm shocked by all this, and scared... I just want a friend I can talk to... do you have time to make?" At this point, her voice would probably sound a bit crackly, but that was normal. One thing that Rita was never good at was expressing her feelings, and another was asking someone to be with her... so doing these two things at the same time really put her on edge... The silvernette still kept her hand in her pockets from before, and Apeiron had moved to her shoulder. Rita's expression was somber, like she really didn't know what else to do... it was a fateful day, today, that was for sure...

"I... I have no idea what to do..." She had a Reason, sure, she made one for Angela... but, honestly... if it meant losing someone, did it need to be imposed? This was more important than Thesis... knowing that she has at least one friend to count on was way more important right now... you could say that she was desperate, at this point... Rita really needed Lia to come through for her... well, who else even could? There was no-one else she liked... Rita only had one best friend, she just hoped that that wasn't about to change for the worse...
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 pm

She dropped anything she was focused on and looked at her oddly with a frown. "Why would you think that? Times like this, you need friends to be with you to back you up. I don't think me or anyone in the circus will let you go. Or at least, I am not going to, so I am going to do what I can while I am still here," she said with a smile. Though, she was quick to move on when she brought up those rifts. She kind of chuckled embarrassed. "Well, not to worry you, but I already tried. I can't go in yet. That TV show said you got powers....does that mean only you guys can go in?" she asked curiously. Rita was definitely even more unique now. She wondered what was on the other side; all she saw was dust and a grey ground. She seemed a bit upset. She frowned and wrapped her arms around her and gave her a strong hug, definitely showing her muscle, but it did not hurt her. "If you want we can talk. Everyone is a little upset, so they are talking and doing their own thing. Did you only see the TV broadcast? That's a big secret you kept quiet about, does that mean you do alot?" she smiled, a mixture of impressment and what appeared to be anxiousness.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 10:42 am

...honestly, that was probably the best that could have happened. Even with Lia's expression first, Rita couldn't help but bring a smile back to her face. She was definitely happy with the outcome, albeit a bit sad at herself for assuming the worst... an Empress always tried to look the best for her subjects, why couldn't she do so for an equal right in front of her...? Even with all her superiority, Rita considered Lia her equal... so why couldn't her optimism shine through with her now?

"I see... I, um... yeah, I guess I was worried for nothing, huh? I'm such an idiot..." With a scratch of the head, Rita let out a small nervous laugh. She really didn't enjoy being worried, especially over silly stuff like this... "You did? Well... don't try anymore, please. I could explain more... but it's really unbelievable what's beyond those, even I have trouble finding it true, and I've... well, I've been in one before. Only people who have "Awakened" or whatever can go in... I really don't think you should try to, though, I... I don't want to lose you, of all people, so I want you to be careful... alright?" It was worrisome, but Rita definitely needed to say this... not only was Lia her best friend, but Rita's feelings for her had only grown so far, which meant that she had to keep her safe... if that meant protecting her like this right now, then so be it. Even if Lia ended up getting a Persona, Rita would most likely stop her from entering those worlds... she needed to be safe, or at least take Rita with her for protection... after all, Rita herself could feel her power wanting to take a new shape by itself...

When Lia hugged her, Rita would look a bit surprised, but return the hug along with leaning on her. If there was one thing that she needed right now was someone to hold her... "That's, well... I went to the radio tower when it happened... I really don't want to get you involved, though, so please, don't ask me what happened there... I know everyone's curious as to what we know, but... please, don't get yourself wrapped up in this... I promise that everything's fine, nothing bad's gonna happen... I'm gonna make sure of that myself..." Really, those words ended up being harder to throw out than anything so far... Rita was stuttering, badly, when saying them, and the silvernette ended up clutching Lia's clothing lightly, a light wetness forming in her eyes. Really, she was scared, scared of what was gonna happen, of what the people would think... and how they'd react to her Reason...

"Lia, can we sit down, please? I'm... I'm not feeling too well, honestly..." It had happened before, but her eyes were getting somewhat foggy right now, though it really wasn't a big deal... Rita just wanted to rest, it had been a tough day... well, at least she still had Lia, right? If the performer agreed to sit down with her, Rita'd lean on her, wherever they sat, though she'd mostly hide her face on Lia's shoulder, her body visibly shaking slightly. For such a display of bravery before in the Waiting Room, Rita really seemed to be out of it right now... she was definitely scared, like everything that was pent up while talking to Angela was just coming back now. Rita was unsure of herself, not knowing what to do... it was scary... really scary... everything was...
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 am

"There's nothing wrong with that. A lot of crazy stuff just happened. It's freaky. Maybe you should take a moment and let things sink in; figure out what you want to do. I do that when I am in trouble, but I am not so smart, so I think alot." She frowned a bit, but let her lean on her, with her arms still around her. So she went to the tower? "I almost went there. I thought you'd be going there anyway. You're a softie under all that go-getter." She said, placing a hand over Rita's cheeks and squeezing them lightly. She let Rita and her find a small part of the grass to sit on as she let her cry. She was a softie on the inside, as cocky as she sometimes was. Lia knew her like she knew the other sides of other people who were part of the family. "But you know that it's probably hard to do on your own? I know that many things require help. You should ask for help. I can help, or maybe if you need people who have what you have. If you try to mess around on your own, you'll only get more stressed. Cause I bet people will start to learn about it right?" she said. It was more of a spitball, since she didn't understand the first thing about this insane stuff. She only knew the rifts, and what was going on with her family.

"Well, do you want to stay over with us? You live alone right? Come over and we can have a sleepover." She couldn't help but feel a bit...odd. She didn't often find conflict in the family, not much even outside save for certain things. So finding that this was causing so much stress onto her dear friend was making her a bit upset herself. She didn't know how to put it into words, but it hurt. "Rita....hm..." she didn't know what to say at that particular moment. "Take a break. You're strong I bet since you kept all of this from everyone." She didn't know what to say after that. Something in her head made her want to speak, but unless Rita was calmed, then she couldn't really say anything. She was stressed enough.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

Really, this was probably tougher on Lia right now... having her friend act like this, Rita was probably stressing her only further... how childish of her. Rita was so selfish at times, why did she not notice it until it was too late? She was an idiot, even while being smart, that was for sure...

"Lia... I really need to think about all this. It's just... I don't even know what I'm gonna do now... apparently, one of the teachers also has this power, but I don't even know him... I dunno if I'll be able to go to school, though, I'm sure that everyone there will look at me like I killed their family..." That was probably the worst possibility for this, sure, but, for some reason, Rita could only keep the worst in mind... really, it was unnecessary, but she was panicking, almost, though she'd calm down a bit at Lia's comment and action, giggling at them.

"I guess I am... I really need to stop thinking about the worst, right? Though... well, maybe you could go there, but it's kinda weird in it... the tower's changed, like, a lot... it'd only make sense for someone who's already seen that kind of thing. If you go there, I'm sure that you'll awaken if you go there, but I dunno if it's wise... if you awaken, your name will be added onto the list, everyone will know that you did, and I don't want that. Don't go there, alright? I want you to be safe..." Remembering her experiences in the tower was the best way to go about this, but Rita was sincerely worried about Lia right now... if she awakened and her name was added, Rita was sure that she'd be in danger. Well, such a famous performer getting a supernatural power like a Persona and everyone knowing about it was sure to bring havoc, right? Lia couldn't get one, whatever the case... well, if she did happen to awaken, Rita'd have to be with her and keep her safe... maybe it wasn't so bad after all, but still.

Once they sat down and Lia started talking, Rita calmed down, stopping her shaking as her breathing slowed to a more normal pace, though still a bit agitated. "Of course it's hard... I don't have many yet to help me, but I have friends... I, um... I want your help too, though..." It was a bit embarrassing, but Rita would really appreciate Lia's help, especially if they could share whatever they knew... really, if Lia could help her get more information about this situation with the islands, then it would make her work easier too... Rita could focus on investigating the Alternate Worlds with an ally keeping an eye on the islands themselves... still, the silvernette didn't want Lia to do that, she'd prefer getting an ally that could scan the area completely, or at least be able to research the general feelings of the people and be able to report them to her... that would be the most useful ability, for sure.

"Y-yeah, I do... I, um... I'd love to. Can I, uh, bring my cat too, though? I can't leave him alone at home..." Well, of course, this wouldn't be a permanent stay, but Rita needed to at least get someone to take care of Dyan while she was here, if she couldn't bring him, that is... though, moving in with Lia for even a bit, even just a sleepover... it made her really embarrassed, for some reason, enough to conjure up a very clear blush on her normally pale face.

"A break? Hmmm... I guess I should... I really need to get to work on those portal things, though, I have to investigate them soon... maybe they'd be able to do it without me for a while..." That last part would obviously be said in a bit more of a whisper, seeing as Rita was speaking more to herself at this point. Though, her position had changed slightly, more so she wasn't hiding her face now, but she was still making use of Lia's shoulder and arm, leaning on her and resting her head on her shoulder. Really, she was a bit conflicted... if Lia could help her, that would be amazing, but having her help also meant putting her in danger... it was a risk that she couldn't take...
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:04 am

She thought about it. She had more than one of her lives shaken up a bit by what just happened. "A teacher? That doesn't mean they are bad right? I am sure many of who you see are probably nice people. Maybe I am just dumb. I am not sure. You could always take off from school for a bit. I bet students will do so as well, right?" she said pursing her lips. She remained silent when Rita asked her not to go. She couldn't say that she was not tempted. It was her style to explore alot. Then again, she was busy lately with the family so perhaps the best explanation was not having time. "Well, I have to watch the guys here anyway. Dad's kinda worried about this too." She couldn't really jump out and help; her family needed her. But she seemed to backpeddle on that when she asked for her help. "I dunno what I can do for you. Am I useful?" She didn't know what she could do, but she would definitely try.

"Of course. My room is definitely big enough. Maybe bring some clothes though if you plan on showering." She made clear. This way Rita had almost free reign for the evening and if she needed to stay longer. "Maybe we can worry about all of that madness later. Everyone will probably be preparing for whatever is going to happen. I hope," she said, scratching her head, not exactly confident herself, a lot unlike how she usually is. But she still put up a smile, like everything was going to be alright. And it was, Lia just had to be optimistic that way.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Well, Rita had never really met Ariston Rhodes, but his reputation was definitely unprecedented when it came to his style and attitude. He was talked about everywhere in school, pretty much, and it was nigh impossible to not know of him, much less of his determination towards teaching. Of course, his brother being a criminal and currently in jail --for what seemed to be related to this issue, should Lune's testimony be what Rita thought it is-- did not help him keep in hiding, even if that was not the initial intention. One could say that, by now, Rhodes was most likely the celebrity teacher in school, and Rita was positive that him having a Persona or at least something similar was not going to aid him in the slightest.

"I dunno whether he's bad or not, I never met him... but what I've heard of him does make him seem like he's a good guy... I dunno, though, I'd rather keep cautious around him instead of relying only on hear-say. Well... I dunno, I'm not as trusting as the next person, so I prefer keeping my distance when it comes to strangers... Hehe, saying that, it kinda feels like a miracle that I approached you like I did... I really dunno what came over me at that point..." It really was weird, but Rita acted very out of character when she first met Lia, or at least that was what the silvernette herself thought... it was rather strange for her, at least, that's what she was trying to say.

"I see... well, that makes me a bit more reassured... Just make sure that anyone that can see those things doesn't go in the tower. I'll tell you right now, the Reporter's still there... but I don't think that's a reason to go there, at least right now." It was quite obvious, but Lia wasn't the only one that Rita wanted to protect. The people at the circus were already in her heart solidly due to her experiences here, Lia most of all, but that didn't mean that she could focus only on the star. Every other person here needed to stay away from the tower, or else they'd be in danger as well. You never knew who was out on the prowl for Users, so Rita just had to be cautious.

"Of course you're useful... I just need someone that can tell me how the people are feeling. If you can tell me whenever anything weird seems to be going on with the rest of the group, that would help out a lot. I, um... I want to make sure that people don't go around causing a panic because of this. If you start seeing people panicking and such, can you try and calm them down, please? I'm sure that they'll listen to you more than they would me..." It was a rather simple job, in Rita's opinion, but one that she couldn't do herself. She was no star, she wasn't trusted by everyone, so why people listen to her? In that sense, Rita was more relying on Lia to help her than she would most, seeing as her best friend really was a kind of poster child for the circus, and someone of great influence... if she was able to convince the people that there was nothing to panic about, then Rita'd be forever grateful.

"R-really? O-okay, I'll do that. If you'll have me, I'd be glad to move in with you for a while... j-just until this settles down, of course... living alone in this situation is... scary..." Having that little thing just there to rely on made Rita much calmer. Living alone and having no-one to help defend you, it was... terrifying... honestly, Rita had no idea how she lived like that in the first place, what with her jumpy nature during the night, even with that courageous front she put up... she really was a softy under all her masks, how could Lia read her so well?

"I dunno if they would, though. Most people have no idea what's gonna happen, if anything... not even I know most of the story, and I'm sure that I'm one of the few that knows the most about this issue..." Being one of the four that met the angel, plus that unknown person that also awoke from that ripple in the tower, Rita was probably one of the only people with the general outline of the story, as well as one of the only ones that actually knew what she had to do... it was an interesting thought that she'd definitely have to share with Julian and Hyde later on, if she could... and perhaps their friends as well. What really perplexed her was how Naomi-nee's name was on that list, along with so many others that she never read before... how intriguing...

"Well, anyway... I think you're right, we shouldn't worry just yet, since nothing really major has happened yet... well, aside from normal people being able to see the portal things. B-but still, if people just keep out of them, I'm sure it'll be fine... r-right? Well... whatever, worrying right now is probably the worst thing I can do... better to just clear my head and think clearly about this, right?" Even while being as smart as she was, Rita tended to be very... rushed, you could say. At this point, Lia probably had a better idea of what to do than she had, that was for sure, but it was natural. Lia wasn't directly involved in this yet and Rita hoped that she'd never be, so, having an outside look of the issue, Lia was most likely the one with the best idea of what to do... that much was kinda obvious, really...
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:24 pm

How do you deal with people you have never met aside from the obvious? She tried to think of other ways to make it easier, but then again, it may not be the best decision. "Then maybe if you want to know, try meeting him. I bet he's a bit unsettled as much as you are. Or maybe he knows some things." She didn't exactly know how much it worked for her. She didn't know anything else. She wished she knew more apart from what people told her sometimes. She was taken seriously around here, but she still didn't feel very intelligent. "I dunno though. You seem the same way you have always been. You're definitely just a little less shy. You were new; so I guess you wanted a friend? Everyone acts that way when they are new." She said with a smile. Everyone is the same when they start off, and people like having friends or being associated with others. When they are new, they will reach out even if they don't realize it.

"I will tell them what I can. I can't stop them outside the circus though. But that also isn't fair," she said with a frown. "You can't go off on your own and try to solve this yourself. As long as you promise me to be safe," she said. She didn't think that Rita would say no, but maybe she should have an ultimate....ultimat....threat? "I won't go to the tower as long as you stay safe," she said. She might have been joking, but if she didn't mean it, then the threat would mean nothing. And she didn't want Rita to get hurt over all of this. Whatever is going on, it's apparently enough to tell normal people. So they may need to help out too. She didn't know if that was the case, but she'd bet on it.

Bringing up the idea of calming others down was definitely something. She was kind of impressed Rita came up with that idea.  In fact, she was closing on the idea herself. "Actually, a couple of us were going to start going around town and perform and speak to try and lift people's spirits. If you want, you can come with me on those days. We'd be going around each island every day to perform and try to get people less worried about what is happening so they can calm down during all of this. I bet people are scared....and that bothers me a lot..." she said, tightening a hug. She has a certain...issue with guests and citizens being upset. However, she couldn't count on them to visit the circus anymore now that they are worried about themselves. So she had to do the smart thing: bring the circus to them. "It'll probably start up in a day or two. I will tell you about it in case you want to join. But I already talked with everyone, and I have a small group ready to go out whenever they are ready." She felt like it was the right thing to do. It was mostly an impulse decision, but when she asked everyone not a couple hours after it all begun, many of them readily agreed. Maybe it was just a talent of hers, or she was lucky and everyone else was hyped up as much as she was.

"I am sure people would help if you asked. Do you know anyone who is on that list? Maybe make friends with a couple of them and see what they can do," she advised. The closest thing to this list were the people on the list itself. She would want to be allied with them if she could, and if not, then work outside it and think about who is there that could maybe think about it. "Don't worry. It'll probably be fine. I don't want to think that this already is the end of the world. I don't think that was that Reporter's goal...I think. But don't panic. Just take a moment. You probably have time." She kept on holding Rita, before suddenly reaching to her cheek to plant a tiny kiss on her for good luck. Maybe it wasn't love, but it was definitely affection, perhaps in the purest sense.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 pm

Meeting Ariston? That'd certainly be possible... at least, in theory. Rita had no idea how to meet him, though, and he probably wasn't at school after this incident... "Maybe... If I met him, it'd certainly help me investigate and could give me another potential ally... I dunno, though, what if he turns out to be a bad guy? I don't think going at it alone would be wise, but he may be powerful enough to end up... well... killing me and anyone else that may be with me... should I risk that?" Rita was very indecisive, that was for sure, but she had to be, or else... well, very bad things could happen. If she just rushed everything and tried to follow her gut, what would that give her? Being cautious and planning things through was what was best right now, especially with other people on the line... Rita had to get stronger, not only to make sure that she could stop Thesis, but also so no-one would be hurt... especially Lia.

Though, was Rita really always like that? Well, since she acted that way around her the first time, then Lia wouldn't really know... Rita really was shy at first, though, always introverted... "Really? I always saw myself as more... distant. I, like, almost never run up to people like I did to you... I think broke character quite a bit then, to be honest, but maybe... maybe I just had a feeling, y'know? You were my first friend here, after all..." There was a clear blush on Rita's face at this point, though it was really nothing. Lia ended up being Rita's first friend, sure, but she also turned out to be not only her best friend, but also a romantic interest... it was just a twist of fate that Rita broke character at that one point, and then all this happened... if it didn't, the silvenette would not be the same as she is right now, that was for sure.

"Lia..." Rita frowned a bit, angry at herself. How could she not consider how Lia felt as well? That was the whole reason she wanted to meet her... "Lia, I promise you that I'll be safe, no matter what. I won't go down easily, and I promise you, that if I'm ever in danger, I'll find a way to escape it. I'll always come back to you, so don't worry about me, okay? The worst thing that could possibly happen to me, at this point, is finding out that you're not safe yourself, so please, keep yourself safe as well... if not for your sake, then mine..." After that small speech, Rita hugged Lia tightly, showing that she really cared for her. However she behaved before, that was nothing. Nothing, at this moment in time and a long while to come, was more important to Rita than Lia was... if the performer ever got in danger, Rita would most definitely come, no matter what... but she needed to avoid that at all costs, so preventing Lia from ever awakening or being put in danger was of top priority... Rita wouldn't be able to handle it if Lia ever, dare she think about it, die...

"That'd probably work best. If you can lift people's spirits, then I don't need to worry about a panic starting. The worst thing, for both us -the Awakened Users- and normal people, is if the latter started panicking. We actually do have a lot on our plate, and we need all the help we can get, so if you can calm the masses down if only a little bit... then that would make our job that much easier..." Honestly, it was true. Every single person that could ever help calm the masses down is valuable, and even more if they can lift their spirits like that, it could distract regular people from attempting to dive into another world and, by that train of thought, prevent them from dying to the Shadows inside... it was most likely the best thing Lia could do at the current time.

"I'd love to join... oh, and I can do some neat stuff using my powers... maybe if I showed them that we really aren't bad and are just normal people, they'd be more inclined to not panic? Trust me, all this supernatural stuff, it's just something hidden inside people, you're not a freak just by having powers, but I'm sure you already think that." With a light chuckle, Rita rubbed the back of her head. The power to control flames to the best of her ability was something that Rita had, but only limited. Her weapon could turn into pure, unadulterated fire, the Embryonic Flame, or so Nero told her. Her powers could potentially be dangerous, but Rita was a trained swordswoman, so how wrong can it go if she's doing it solo? She isn't gonna burn herself, and the flame isn't gonna shoot out of her weapon's shape, so it really won't be a problem. If she could prove to people that Users and such were just normal people with the same humanity as everyone, with worries, feelings, they weren't monsters.

"I know, like... four or five people on there, not too many... but there are a few that I care about quite a bit, I should make sure that they're alright too... no, that's a silly worry, I'm sure they're fine, they won't just drop dead in the same day as that broadcast. Still, I'll go see them ASAP, I can't avoid them, now can I? Still... today, I just want to be with you." Lia's words did reassure Rita quite a lot, but the kiss really surprised her, seeing as it was an unexpected event and, honestly... it made the silvenette way too happy by itself. "Lia, you... I see..." While she may have gotten the wrong idea, one could say that Rita had very much the same feelings Lia had. Pure affection wasn't a bad thing, even if it wasn't love by itself, but Rita didn't love Lia per se yet, you could take from it, she just liked her, wanted to be with her, and just all around had a lot of affection dedicated solely to the performer... she didn't know whether or not it was how Lia felt about her, but she could guess that it was at least close enough.

"I'll be honest with you, Lia... right now, the only thing that I want, ever, is to be with you... I don't ever want to see you gone, not only because I like you... that way, but because you're my best friend too... I want you to be safe, no matter what... so, even if I come back all beaten up on life's edge, I'll hold on, for you, to come back to you... If you ever went away, or... died... I'd have no idea what I'd do... so, please, stay safe... I need to come back to you once everything is over..." With a very clear and bright blush, Rita relaxed onto Lia, letting herself rest. Nothing really could ruin this for her... Lia was the only one that she really couldn't let go right now... not even he had such an effect on her... Rita really was, in every sense of the word, relying on Lia... if Lia ever was not safe, Rita would feel uneasy at that knowledge, and most likely risk her life to fix it. In a very clear way, Lia was a crutch for Rita to hold on to for her life, and she silvenette herself knew that very well... she just couldn't let her dear performer go so easily.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:31 pm

"If that's what you think, maybe you shouldn't go see him after all. Maybe the risk is too great, and it'd be better to see your friends." She didn't know what else to say to that. Picking sides and making strange decisions like this have never come up to her. And around this moment she realized how much of a different world she came from. Real world stuff like politics and things like this never even came up in her mind; she only focused on the circus. But when this stuff is basically forced on everyone, what can she do but wait and see how everyone else acts? She didn't know what to do at all. She wanted to help certainly, but she wanted to help in her own way as long as it had a shot of working. "But maybe playing safe is a good idea. You don't want to rush into things just like I can't rush into acting." That was the closest thing to something she could relate to. She doesn't know much beyond that.

Rita definitely had grown, and she seemed to reach out to her. People are like that, but she definitely didn't come off as a friendly person to everyone. "You don't seem like the type to be friendly with everyone. People will act abnormally every now and again. It all depends on what you do that makes it good or bad," she said. Boy, she definitely wasn't the greatest councilor. It was like walking onto another planet and trying to talk to an alien about human problems. She normally didn't see problems when talking to other people who worked here, but they either never came to her, or if they did, they were veterans and only had problems concerning the circus. Finding problems with real people outside the circus bugged her in that she couldn't say anything. And to top it off....well, she'd keep quiet for now. Everything was stressful enough.

She did feel a little better knowing Rita was going to act according to her threat. Lia appreciated the attention like any other guest. In any event, she gave her a hug back and held her close. "I plan to, but if you join, please don't use your powers. You have to trust me on this, since people are panicked already. If people were using powers like the TV had said, then they will freak out even more. We need the right time to use it, and it seems too soon to do it now," she advised. She knew how people in a crowd acted. If someone panics, everyone will panic. She didn't want anyone to suddenly see a girl with powers and scare everyone off and make it worse on everyone.

Looking at her and listening to her, she gave her a bigger smile. "I promise. Nothing I do will put the circus in danger." Maybe Lia could grown affectionate for Rita in time. She didn't know for sure, but maybe it'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Well... sure, not going to see Ariston was always an option, but still, there was another person that interested Rita quite a bit. "Simon Alba, though... his name was said out loud in the broadcast. I know the guy from face since I go to the library at school almost every school day, so I'm not sure what he has to do with this... if he has a Persona, interrogating him might be worth it as well... though, same with Ariston, it's risky... I need to think about this more." With a light sigh, Rita relaxed a bit more, thinking about the situation. It would do her no good to think forever, but enough to at least have an idea of what to do was more than she needed at the time.

"Lia... you say you're dumb but you're actually really smart about this stuff, you know? You'd make a good psychiatrist, or at least that's what I think." Rita would let out a cheerful giggle after that line. It was true, Lia seemed to be quite adept at giving advice, even if only from her perspective. Though, she was a performer, so perhaps this calm and no-rush attitude came with the line of work... either way, Rita admired it, she loved it, how someone that she considered to be one of the closest people to her could keep calm and, in tandem, calm her down as well...

"I'm really not. I'm not, like, a bitch to people, but I don't tend to get along with anyone as well as I do... well, you, for example... then again, there can only be one best friend for a person, or else the title would be meaningless, right? Though... it makes me wonder why we label relationships like that, it kinda seems like it deters the fun from it... I dunno. This is complicated..." Anyone could tell that Rita was quite a bit less serious now, and for good reason. The whole talk was making her a bit dizzy and quite tired of it. Rita just wanted a break from it all... maybe Lia could help her relax?

"Hey, Lia... I don't want to just keep talking about me all the time, y'know? I want to learn more about you too..." It was true, really, the whole ego talk wasn't Rita's thing... at least right now, it wasn't. The silvernette came here and called Lia up so they could talk about the broadcast but not only that. Rita also wanted to be with her and talk about life, both their lives, what kind of problems they had and, so far, it only seemed like Rita was talking about herself and only herself. It was off-putting to her, you could say.

Though the hug was nice and did calm Rita down even more, Lia's words stirred up some light confusion in her mind."I shouldn't...? Hmmm... alright, I trust you. I'll keep them in check and won't use them in the act until you say so. I think that we should reveal it sooner or later, though... do you want me to show you? There's no-one around here right now, right?" Rita'd look around a bit to check for any onlookers, but not displaying anything unless Lia specifically told her so. After all, we didn't want any accidents happening around here, right? It would probably be best to wait...

"Lia... that wasn't what I meant, silly..." Sighing softly with a tiny smile, Rita reached up and poked Lia's head, taking this chance to turn around in her position and lay on her chest-to-chest, her arms wrapping around Lia's waist as her face rested on her shoulder. It was an affectionate position, sure, and Rita knew that... but she was comfortable like that, it made her feel closer to Lia.

"The circus is important, yes... but I'm more worried about you as in you, not the whole troupe... if you can take care of them all, that'd be amazing, but I don't want you to push yourself... when I said I wanted to come back to you... it was to you alone, not you guys as a whole... you guys are my new family... but the one I like the most is you, and no-one else..." It was basically another confession, but Rita had to clear that up. If she could, Rita herself would make sure that the circus was never hurt or any of the people inside it... but she couldn't lie to anyone about this, the only person that could ever make Rita despair enough to not be able to live anymore if they were killed, is Lia. Even her brother would want her to keep going, and she was sure Lia wanted that too, but while Rita could take care of herself now and actually carry on in his own footsteps... losing him would only make her stronger, while losing Lia would... well, crush her.

"I don't know, though... I'm confused... I never felt this way about someone before... you haven't either, right? I remember you telling me you never had a boyfriend or girlfriend before... I have no idea what it is I'm feeling right now... I'm scared, actually..." Though her heart was set, Rita's mind really couldn't figure out what was going on. The feeling of love and liking someone were alien to her prior to this... how did this even happen? And why now, so soon? In the midst of all this headache of an issue with Thesis and Angels and all that... why did this even more confusing feeling have to surface? It was so odd... the timing was more off than a wrecked microwave's... Rita could barely keep hold of it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Lia didn't know what to say. She could only say the same thing, but she didn't want to bore her. It was enough of that. "I prefer to wrap my brain around circus stuff. That is easier for me," she said with a chuckle. She took some thought to heart with what Rita had said about friends and best friends. "I don't label things really. I don't know how to put someone else above others. My guests ad my family I all love at once. I guess the family is supposed to be a little more precious?" she said. That made sense. She loved her parents. She loved her family like they were one and the same. And of course, her guests were just as important. That is why she could not grasp the concept of a girlfriend. Maybe it was like husband and wife, where they become family. Maybe she could understand that in time. She isn't sure.

"What should I explain? I haven't been going to school still. And I probably won't be now that this has happened. Dad worries about people around the school for different reasons. Drama running around the circus and all of that mess." And on top of that now that she was going to have more on her plate with running around the islands, this would be even bigger. She couldn't take many props, or at least it would have to be several trips. She had no animal ideas cause she'd have to travel through the subways, or boat maybe. Alot was going to have to be answered in the next day or two.

When Rita hugged her, she instinctively hugged her back. Of course she was worried about her. She realized that. Lia thought she was being clever that one time. Maybe she should just stick with being the nice actress. "I know. I'll be just fine. Don't worry. Everyone is here, so we won't be disappearing that easily," she said. She rubbed her head and laced her fingers through her hair. "Don't be scared. New things are exciting. They always are. How about you show me what you want? I am sure I won't be afraid. I have had enough time to calm down of course." She gave her permission. She needed to get her head out of the slumps. Maybe it could help her.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:55 am

Well, it was good enough. Rita wasn't keen on listening to the same thing over and over again anyway, so finishing it up sooner rather than later would probably save both of them quite a bit of precious time. "Yeah, I get it. The circus is a very good pick-me-up, I have to say... Want to talk about it a bit?" What she was more apt to, however, was talking about things that made her happy, and her job certainly did so. Sure, it was something she originally did just to be closer to Lia, but Rita really did come to enjoy being a caretaker in its own right, and it was a really good pastime as well, aside from the internet. She could stand to go offline a bit more during the week, though, when she wasn't working.

"That's admirable. I think labels only thing-ify a relationship, so it's useless to use them. Though, putting everything at the same level... if that was your Reason, you'd be able to create a very wonderful world..." That last part was, of course, said in a lower tone, so as to not alarm Lia very much. It was still somewhat audible, since they were so close right now, but Rita's words would probably sound pretty cryptic anyway.

"With the way school is now, I suggest you stay away from it. Having an idol like you going there now with everything else that's going on, it'd only make people more agitated. I can't say if that's a bad thing or not, though, it may distract them from this incident... but no, I don't want to risk you." Rita's idea had some foundation, but it was just not an option. Using Lia was not a thing Rita could ever do, and even more if it ended up putting her in danger. Who knows what the crowds could do to her? Rita just had to pray that nothing bad happened while she wasn't looking.

With Lia starting to travel around the islands, Rita would most likely ask to stay alongside her just in case. If she was correct, Nero was just itching to show off new power, and if she could protect Lia in an extreme case, then that'd kill two birds with one stone.

"I'm glad... if you're gonna be alright, then I have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you're safe when travelling around, okay? If you want, I can be with you... you know, just in case something happens." Rita relaxed at Lia's actions, and more so, she felt like something heavy had been lifted from her chest as she consoled her. What was once a silvernette on the verge of tears had turned into a cheerful girl in love.

"Alright then, if you promise you won't be scared, I'll show it to you... there isn't that much I can do in our world, but it's still neat." After breaking the hug slightly, Rita would get up and move away a bit. If she was going to put on a display, Rita needed to make sure that Lia wasn't gonna be hurt by it. Once the silvernette was sure that this would be completely safe and no-one was around, she closed her eyes, putting her hands in front of herself. From that action, with a slight gust of wind and a burning sound, her crimson sword started materializing, but it wasn't the whole spectacle, of course. As soon as Rita saw her sword, her eyes narrowed, concentrating, and what seemed like blood-colored steel for a moment turned into a relatively small ember, the size of Rita's fist, just about, and floated around where the hilt of the sword would be.

"W-well... there isn't anyone here, right? I, um... yeah..." Saying that, Rita clutched the ember lightly, so as to not break it but keep hold of it still. Since it was a supernatural flame, it warped and did not burn Rita whatsoever while she held it, but it was most definitely a burning hot flame and would hurt Lia if she tried to touch it. It was a strange power, wielding flames, but it could lead to very interesting tricks and such. If Lia wanted to, she could probably gain powers and use some of them in the real world too... but that was such a terrifying thought, Rita could barely keep up with it.

"So... wh-what do you think? I guess I could be a good fire breather if I used it right..." Rita let out a flustered laugh, still a bit awkward on the whole thing. It was just so weird displaying her powers like this, would she even be able to keep her cool in front of many people when the time came? "Y-you said you wouldn't be scared... d-don't break that promise, or I'll hate you forever..." Rita blushed and played around a bit with her flaming sword, letting the calm fire move around and burn the air wherever the silhouette of the previous solid weapon went. It did keep to its previous boundaries, but it was easier to wield all in all since it apparently followed Rita's hand quite well even without a full grip. Was this a side effect of wielding a pure element as a weapon, even for only a brief moment? Rita wasn't sure, but she could feel her mind slowly start to get a bit more tired by the second, though it seemed to stop when the flame was fully stabilized.

Meow:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]   A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Fool's Worry [Rita/Lia]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next