Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Sharaku had to resist gaping at the younger man. He didn't think someone at that age really believed over-exaggerated shows for teens. Why would someone think such messed up things were seriously authentic to reality? Sure, supernatural was real, allright, but even with that, when you die, you die, and that's it. You can't bleed forever and still magically recover. That's for lame fairytales. ''Why? It wouldn't be fun watching everyone die so easily, would it? It's for entertainment value, that's why. A human can be killed rather easily in reality, trust me. They make these effects just so it looks cool to the audience.'', he'd attempt to explain, still rather baffled at this whole conversation. Did the guy not have at least basic biology in school or something? That aside, those shows usually looked obviously made up. Not that he even watched any, but a glimpse here and there at random was enough for him to gather from.

He would stop to think a little, with the whole magic deal. Tsk, well. ''Depends on what you view as a complex trick. Those that can be easily created with things you have at hand may not have a serious cost. But, really, if you want to do magic along the lines of inhuman seeming feats, it's not cost free. Supplying yourself with more blood out of nowhere? You can't make things out of thin air. It requires some effort, and this in particular would probably need a lot of it. You're not a God to do whatever you think of without a consequence.'', he would eventually state, before giving a faint smirk. ''Have you ever actually tried performing some serious magic trick?'', he'd ask. He was rather curious as to where the younger was getting this from, and he doubted it was personal experience at this point.
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Damasu started curling his hair, looking away from the gentleman, as to show his displease towards the facts he was presenting. Well... It couldn't show much due to Damasu's smile, but, if Mister Alucard had a keen eye, he'd probably notice Damasu's smile got gradually smaller as he turned away.
"...Ah, well. I guess I should be glad anime are like that, huh? If they weren't, I wouldn't like them as much. They'd be really boring, too. Ahaha.", Damasu said, looking at the gentleman yet again, regaining his composure and recovering his smile. As clownish and childish as Damasu might be, he didn't want to show a weaker side of him. Especially over a matter like this, which others would call "petty".
"Huh? What you said just now, mister... Are you really suggesting that performing inhuman feats with magic is possible? Hm... Why else would you be so sure that it has a price, right? You must be a true magician, right? Show me! I wanna see! I wanna see!", Damasu said, excitedly getting a tad closer to the Alucard look-alike.
"As for the tricks I've performed... I like to draw pentagrams I see in demonic tomes with my own blood, in my school notebook, while I have a big, bleeding wound, and I'm alone inside the classroom. Does that count? Ehe.", Damasu said, getting excited at the possibility of the gentleman being a real magician who didn't rely on silly mind games or tricks to perform magic. Maybe the excitement was getting all into his head, but the Alucard look-alike should have gotten used to it by now. Right?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:35 pm

This guy was confusing. Sharaku really wasn't sure whether the teen was being serious or not. Or just sad that his fantasy wasn't real. He hadn't expected him to agree this easy after all that back and forth talking. He wasn't very good at figuring out shifts in acting like that. Even less when they were subtle enough. Except for certain kinds, but simple dissapointment was not his thing. ''I suppose so. Everyone has a different standard for entertainment though.'', he'd say, shrugging a little bit. He himself had no actual reason to be glad about these things. He didn't want them, so it didn't matter to him. That, and he probably wouldn't find too much gore amusing. He had had enough in his life already, and stuff that was happening right now was not all sunshine either.

He would blink a few times when the young man suddenly flailed with excitement, before giving a faintly amused smile. ''Technically, it is.'', he would say simply for now, being rather vague. He was still left with the fact that this one was rather persistent about seeing magic from him. He probably shouldn't have encouraged that kind of behaviour. Alas, he hadn't done so on purpose...just realized too late. Well, now. He would choose to address the second issue first, raising an eyebrow quizzically. ''And what, pray tell, happened when you did that?'' The whole 'drawing demonic stuff with blood' was already a little weird, and while he suspected the wasn't much result, seeing as the teen didn't brag about any right away, he figured it wouldn't hurt to get a comfirmation. The guy might sound like a lunatic at moments, but as long as he wasn't causing trouble...not his problem.

Speaking of the previous matter, however...somehow, he doubted the whitehead would stop bugging him about tricks now that he was so excited. Well...there was something he could do. Maybe he'd regret it, but he felt like humoring the younger in his fantasies. This time around. ''On another note. Perhaps you should watch your balance....'', he would warn the whitehead out of the blue, with an amused smile. Hopefully, the young man would take his advice. If not, he might end up on his butt soon. Unless he was skilled at walking on ice when not expecting it.

Have fun >w>:
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Damasu's smile grew larger as the gentleman asked about what happened, regarding the blood drawings. However, he couldn't remember very well, so he made up a little story.
"...Oh, it was terrifying. A huge demonic flying monkey came off of my notebook, holding a skewer filled with the heads of all my deceased ancestors, and started speaking in Hebrew. And, all of a sudden, a huge shark made out of brimstone and hellfire jumps out of the ground, writing a lot of equations on the board which resulted in 666, and...", Damasu said, suddenly stopping after being prompted to check his balance. He thought the gentleman was gonna pull off one of those money-stealing tricks, so he took his wallet from his pocket and opened it to check how his monetary balance was. Enter gag joke.
"Huh? What's wrong? My balance is fi-", he said, suddenly being interrupted by tripping and falling face-flat on the floor due to the ice, breaking his nose and spreading blood around his face and the floor. He tried standing up, but ended up falling again. Not letting a single sound escape his mouth, he still kept a smile glued to the ice, as he remained there, facing the ground. The pain wasn't enjoyable, but the smell he was feeling... Sure was. The scent of blood is always worth it, in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:25 am

In a way, Sharaku was glad that the teen shut his mouth in the middle of that speech, because those ramblings made literally no sense to him. There was no way all that could be real, and he had no serious interest in listening to made up stories. Definitely not when they were as over the top as this. A shark can't even write. Who'd believe a story like that? Frankly, if he was someone else, he would have sooner believed the whole supernatural business that was going on than something like this.

''Apparently not.''
, he would mutter with a sigh, whet the whitehead retorted back and promtply proceeded to fall down. Maybe he should have said that differently. Though, to be completely honest, he himself wouldn't have thought about money firsthand when hearing that word. Perhaps because it was something he wasn't very concerned about. He would frown a little, seeing as the younger did not get up, but neither had voiced a complaint about what happened. Did he actually enjoy bleeding on the ground like that..? Then again, after all he had heard so far, it wouldn't even be much of a surprise, if the boy seriously had a thing for that. Shaking his head, still with a frown, he would crouch down to take a better look. ''Are you still alive...?''
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Damasu, still a bit dizzy from the fall, simply heard a few words spouting from the gentleman's mouth. He could only make out the last three; after all, breaking your nose kinda makes you lose focus. It took a while for Damasu's mind to process those words, and some more for him to move, turning over his body so his face would remain off contact with the floor.
"Ah... Well... It... Tastes quite nice, you see... Ehehe... Ehe... <3", Damasu said, a bit too busy licking the blood coming out of his nose.
Realizing he was getting a bit too carried away, he swiped off the blood excess with his right hand and started licking it, little by little, so his personality wouldn't change much.
"...It kind of hurts, though. I mean... You could have used something like... Uh... A mattress with a defective spring... ripping off the cover. That'd make me bleed... and not hurt as much. Aha.", Damasu said, having some trouble speaking due to the pain. He still remained there, waiting for his joints to recover a little.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Sharaku stared at the younger for quite a good while. That was not an answer he had been expecting. Nor was he really interested to know whether the boy's blood tasted good. ''You're weird...'', he would mutter under his breath absentmindedly, not even able to come up with a decent response at that period of time. Well, that spared him a problem then. If the teen was enjoying himself, then it meant there was no need for him to be truly concerned.

Doing his best to ignore the fact that he was pretty much watching the other lick his own blood, he would raise an eyebrow at first, then give a low, amused chuckle. Well, wasn't that a funny way to contradict yourself..? ''You're the one that was persistent in seeing a magic trick. And it's not like I can do completely everything. That said, I thought you were making odes about torture a moment ago. What happened to that? Suddenly having problems with a little bit of pain like this?'', he would smirk lightly. ''I suppose it's as they say. A dog that barks a lot, doesn't bite.'', he would quip, before shaking his head a little. ''You do realize that whatever you described a while ago would hurt much, much more than this?'', he'd ask, this time seriously curious about the answer. If the oter answered, that is. The boy seemed to have taken to being sprawled on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Damasu was still enjoying himself, licking the blood remaining on his hands, trying his best to pay attention to the gentleman. This time, the blood had a distinct taste, maybe due to being mixed slightly with nasal mucus, so he tried to enjoy it as much as he could. He did, however, listen to part of what was said. Letting out a short chuckle, he decided to clarify.
"Aha... Don't get me wrong, mister. I'm not a masochist. Pain is pretty awful. However... As long as there's enough blood to pay it off, it's worth it. So... While a mattress would've been less harmful, I still think it was worth it to bang my nose here on the floor. Look at all this blood... Nya haha. <3", Damasu said, wiping his nose yet again and licking the blood excess from his hand. His smile was as bright as ever, not really minding much the pain he was still feeling. He felt like he should try standing up, but didn't want to risk tripping again for no blood.
"And... Ehe... I'll let you know. Infernal hounds can actually both bite and bark a lot pretty well. Some can even breathe fire when they bark, so they don't need to bite. Ehehe.", Damasu said, simply to add more nonsense into the blender and remove the lid. It's as if the gentleman's serious-talking didn't change his mood at all.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:46 pm

''Oh, I'm looking. Wouldn't say I'm impressed, however. I still think you'd say otherwise if you faced something worse, even if it made you bleed a lot. Once again, if you survived in the first place.'', Sharaku would respond, rather sarcastically. Just about now, he was glad that seeing blood did not make him feel sick, because that would be really bad. Still, he was legitimately not getting what was so awesome about it to make someone want to get hurt just to get a taste. It tasted like...metal, pretty much. ''I do have a question, however. What exactly makes blood worth enough getting hurt over..? I'd say it's much more logical to value your own health than happily take injuries.'', he'd ask, giving the whitehead a steady look. The boy better have an insightful answer, because he was having a hard time processing this.

On another note...''Sure. Whatever you say. I'll take it into consideration after you give me a proof that hellhounds do exist. I didn't grow a second head yet.'', he'd counter with a low snort when the teen used fantasy dogs to turn his statement over. Please, no. It could make sense...but in a different way. He wouldn't doubt that there was a possibility that there were Shadows that looked like fictional dogs, and they could possibly by chance use fire based attacks, but that was not the point. They would still not be real hellhounds.
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Damasu sighed. It seemed the gentleman was pretty persistent on teaching him a lesson or something. For some reason. Damasu didn't take it personally, however. He had been like this for years, and, so far, no health problems. Well, other than maybe achy wounds, back when he didn't know lemonade hurt a lot when applied to wounds.
"Ah, well, of course it's not worth it to kill yourself or cause permanent wounds just for blood. I'm not out of my mind, mister. Although some people do think that anyways, I guess. Ehehe.", Damasu said, still lying on the floor, smiling.
"...See, you know how some people enjoy pain, right? It's not so rare these days. Others enjoy foreign suffering. Some people even have some messed-up psychological addiction to... Ehrm... "Contact excess". Why can't blood be one of them? What's wrong with having an unexplained addiction... To blood? It's not like I've had any health problems recently, nor have I wrecked any havoc. Well, maybe except for one time, but that was many years ago.", Damasu said, running his whole hand over his tongue to get all the remaining blood. He still was bleeding a bit from his nose, but considerably less than before. The pain was starting to ease up, too.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 10:11 pm

But of course he did know. That was not the point. Sharaku was aware that people liked weird things. That wasn't the problem. He couldn't care less even if someone was addicted to eating dirt. As long as they acted within norm. It wasn't that he had a problem with this. It was the fact that the boy was unneccesarily detailing it, making rather excessive remarks about it...and topping it with unlikely stories. If you want to be weird, go ahead. But what is the point of boasting about it to a stranger and taking it to extreme levels? He wouldn't have said a thing, aside from maybe a single sarcastic comment on the subject if the teen didn't press on with the thing this vehemently.

Gah. ''I'll put it this way, dear. I would not have a reason to think so, if you didn't make yourself look that way. I don't care if you like blood. Go swim in it for all I care, but if you expect someone to keep a straight face when you gush to them about how it would be fun to torture someone just to see liters of blood, you're asking for it.'', he would shake his head lightly. ''While unlikely addictions are a thing, what do you expect people to imagine if you just go and tell them all that? I'll tell you this. More than 50% would probably be at the very least disgusted. You yourself are giving people the initiative to think wrongly of it, when you overdo it with the excitement.'' That said, he would just keep nonchalantly watching the younger, waiting either for a response, or something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Damasu, while still smiling, turned his head away from the gentleman, as to show discomfort. Resting one of his hands on his belly, he let out a short chuckle. No one had ever gathered up some guts to tell him his problems straight to his face like that before. Not even his own mother. Although... Well... His mother was kind of crazy, too.
"Aha... Well... You're not wrong at all, mister. I don't have much to say in regards to that. However... That is a problem which I tried to fix in the past... And it just kept coming back. I can't find away to terminate it completely.", Damasu said. In truth, he actually liked his own personality a lot, but saying so would probably end up prolonging the sermon. A short exit was to spice the bowl with a tiny bit of lies. Maybe he could rest easy today without having his head severed by Alucard.
"Although... Something I kinda gotta thank you for. Thanks for being the first one to tell me that straight to the face without trembling like ducks in winter. It's like they say, right? "Whoevers warns you, harms you". Wait... Not how it went. Eh, I think you get my point.", Damasu said, scratching his forehead and licking his lips for any excess.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:52 pm

This time around, Sharaku would just shrug slightly in response. Frankly, he didn't know what to say to that. Not anymore. ''Whatever floats your boat, then.'', he'd state, somewhat indifferently. It seemed he was losing interest in any more arguing about the subject by now. He would stand there, with his arms crossed over his chest...just watching for a while. Nope, that was it. He wasn't saying anything more about that unless the whitehead went and directly prompted him. Which was doubtful. At least, he didn't think the boy had a reason to seek that.

Though, he would narrow his gaze a little bit after some time. ''....Are you going to lay down there the whole day..?'', he'd ask, giving the younger a sort of quizzical glance. He didn't think the boy broke his limbs as well, and he wouldn't say that laying on the cold ground at this time of the year was comfortable. Unless you wanted to risk catching a cold, or really liked the idea of such cold temperature. Either way, it seemed rather weird to choose to stay laying down, when it was most likely much more comfortable to be standing. Hard ground never made for a good resting space, no matter the current weather conditions.
Back to top Go down
Damasu

Damasu

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Damasu took a deep breath. He was a bit confused, as he thought the gentleman would persist on trying to convince him it's a bad thing to like blood and be so flamboyant about it, but... Well, he seemed to take that in easily. All Damasu did was smile a tad more.
"Ah... Well... I'm not really sure if you undid the slippery magic yet, but I don't want to trip and get hurt again. Pain is not my thing. At least... Not completely. So, uh, could you... You know... Un-wax the floor? Or undo whatever was it that you did. I couldn't really see. Ahaha.", Damasu said. Although it was pretty cold, it's not like he hasn't felt worse. Pain can be pretty cold, so... Better to endure a set amount of cold instead of risk for increasing amounts, right? Not like his legs were in the best conditions to keep steady balance on an icy surface. All Damasu did in this regard was wait for mister Alucard to confirm whether he had undone his trick or not.
...Now that he noticed, his clothes were starting to get a bit humid. Looks like cold surfaces aren't very cool to lay on, huh.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Un-wax the floor..? Tsk, very funny. Though, fact was, Sharaku couldn't really do that. Was there even a way to reverse..? Still, quite some time has passed already. It wasn't really that freezing outside yet. Most of the ice covering should have pretty much melted by now. Magic ice or not, it wouldn't last forever. And this one was not really a strong one in the first place. The ground shouldn't really be slippery anymore by now. If the younger fell again, it'd most likely be his own clumsiness this time around.

''I'm surprised you didn't at least feel. It's not wax, I just froze the surface of the ground. You pretty much slipped on ice. I'd probably feel cold lying on that.'', he would shake his head slightly. ''Speaking of which, it should be melted by now. Unless you're extremely clumsy, you shouldn't fall again.'', he would elaborate, still standing where he was, just watching calmly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)   Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Violence is amusing, right? (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next