Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cymakara

Cymakara

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 9:02 pm

"Oh! Apologies... I'm normally not having conversations to really carry one... I admit it is a bit of a cliche at this point... Um... Might I ask... what is it oyu do for a living then? Maybe that will create some conversation?" He finally smiled in earnest, sitting his books down on a nearby table. If they were going to converse in earnest it was about time to set those down. His arms were getting tired, which isn't suprising given that he was rather on the weak side...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 pm

Apologizing again? That's a way to start. Not that Sharaku minded, but it was a little amusing by this point to hear. ''No, need to apologize. I was just mentioning.'', he would wave it off casually, doing his best to not sound as amused as he currently was. Still, he couldn't deny it was more onto a conversation that it was a moment ago. That was a win. Even though he had to keep himself from making a face when hearing the topic being chosen. Oh, he appreciated the initiative from the younger, but the question staggered him a bit. Well, what did he do? Was he supposed to just say...he did pretty much nothing..? Ehh, well.

''Honestly, right now...I don't work anywhere? I mean, that's what you meant, right? I'm just hanging about, if you could call it that.''
, he would answer after a moment of pondering over it, giving a short laugh. He wasn't in the mood to cram something stupid up right now as a lie. Meh, it wasn't as if it would hurt him to say he wasn't really doing much. It was a fact anyway. ''I suppose you're focusing on your studies for now, yes?'', he would half state, half inquire afterwards, just to keep the flow. It was moreso an obvious one, but let it.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Alex shrugged a little, "I mean... I would like a job... But I don't know of many places that will hire me..." Rubbing his neck a little bit, as he thought it over a deal. He really didn't know where exactly he would fit in working, but he would love it. Let alone, the money... It would have been awesome to make enough money to go to a convention or similar... "I thought... All adults were supposed to have jobs though? Don't you have bills or the like to pay, Mister?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:58 pm

''Hm? This place is big enough. I'm sure there are at least some part time jobs offered, no?'' Sharaku would comment aloud casually, without even thinking too much. It wasn't like you had to work a full job. Money was the point, right? There are several ways to get some, if you dedicate yourself. When he was asked about his own money, he would chuckle faintly. ''Should I? I mean, I can choose whether I want to work or not, or am I wrong? But, yes, I do pay for things...lots? I kind of do live in the most expensive region. They really know how to set prices in Penecia at times. And not downwards, obviously.'', he would say, giving the younger an amused smile, without really answering as to how was he paying. Eh, let the other imagine. Or maybe, he would keep asking. At least, Sharaku could use that as an opportunity to amuse himself further, perhaps confusing the other a little.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 pm

"Its not the lack of jobs that is the problem, its the lack of jobs that I feel I could do... Like... I have only a few tradeskills and most place in this day want strong, hard workers... Not anti-social closet cases... Getting a job in my condition would be fairly difficult..." Looking down again, knowing the only reason he had money right now was due to his mother. She would send him money all the time so he wasn't suffering.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:58 am

Listening to the 'complaint', Sharaku would frown a little. Aren't there jobs for almost everything nowadays? Even if not, there were surely plenty of people that weren't too social, and he was having a hard time believeing all of them had to face such difficulties. There would be so many unemployed people if that was the case. ''Everyone has something they're good at. Besides, if only 'strong, hard workers' as you put it, had a fair chance, many people would end up sitting on their butts and doing nothing. You just need to look hard enough and you'll find something. If you're determined to get a job, that is. Telling yourself no one will accept you will only make you have less self - confidence. Which in turn may be the reason why you will have trouble actually getting a job.'', he would say, scratching his cheek thougtfully. ''Speaking of which, why should difficulty of a task stop you in the first place? As they say, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.'', he would declare with an amused smile quirking his lips. He couldn't help but find thsi whole matter somewhat entertaining. But hey, if you actually want a job, don't complain about how hard it MIGHT be to get it, but go and try first. Theory could be flawless after all.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Alex could barely chuckle at that one, because... "I don't think theres any self-confidence left in here... Its most being a loner and eating too much chocolate..." Which for the most part was the truth. His confidence was nonexistent, though that was a point they have milked repeatedly through their talk. He'd sigh and glare down before just mumbling rather angrilly. " Plus they might not notice my applications... Since I'm not noticed normally."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:01 pm

At the first comment, Sharaku would stare at the other with a brief look of confusion. This was a bit outta there, but what did eating chocolate have to do with the subject on hand? ''While I have no idea as to how does eating chocolate even fit into this....not having self-confidence doesn't mean you never will. You can always gain some. So, at the very least, you shouldn't believe you're a lost cause.'', he would shrug a little, somwhat starting to run out of things to say. He wasn't used to doing so much motivational talking. It wasn't easy, and doubly so when your listener downplayed almost everything.

Though, he would lift an eyebrow at the angry mutter. ''Are you trying to say you're invisible? Hm, you know I'd actually take that at times.'', he would shake his head in slight amusement. ''But, really, unless everyone you go by is blind, there is no way you're not noticed. It may seem that way at times, but not everyone is apt at approaching and engaging someone just like that. You said you yourself aren't a social butterfly. Many find it awkward to pursue after someone as well. Just because you don't always get noticed directly, doesn't mean people don't see you at all.'', he would try to explain, though he wasn't even sure what he was getting at anymore. Eh, a try is a try.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Alex looked down. It was hard to argue with the man, he knew his stuff fairly well.. But it didn't fully change how he felt on the matter. He wasn't trying to brush off what Sharaku was saying, it was more... He'd gotten used to a certain style of things for so long, accepting that there was always an alternative... Another side to things? That was difficult in of itself. He'd sigh softly through his nose, before just thinking on it. Probably somewhat akward for Sharaku, the boy now speachless and staring down at the floor without a mutter of a word this time.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Sharaku would proceed to watch the younger man in his silence calmly at first. Taking so long to formulate a response, or? He was patient, but prolonged quietness was a little strange. Silence in itself was good, but lately he was starting to get used to people always saying at least something when he had some company. Whether wanted or not. ''Something wrong?'', he would ask, somewhat cautiously after a rather plausible amount of time went by. He didn't mind the wait, but he didn't like being left in the dark too much either. And having his companion staring at the floor in such a fashion without a word made him curious if nothing else. Had he said something stupid back then or what?
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm

"Oh! Sorry... I was thinking about... How much different life would have been if I hadn't just been a total pansy..." Laughing a little bit as he faced Sharaku properly again. Sighing a little bit as he started to gather his books, speaking softly once more. "I guess... Tommorow I'm going to go join the Anime Club at school... Maybe... Um.. Maybe then I might break this bad habit of mine... I mean.. I just talked to you... Mr.Stranger." Snickering a little playfully, but he was happy, and he was smiling. He was able to talk to someone without weirding them out!
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:42 pm

''I doubt you'll ever know that. Past is something we can't change. You'll do better thinking about the future or present first and foremost.'' Sharaku would state, ignoring the pansy part this time, after he got the answer to his question. What good did pondering over the past do? Sure, realizing your mistakes and things like that was fine, but imagining what it'd be like in such drastically different circumistances was mostly for naught. At least if you could actually go and change it in present time.

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 Tyki_mikk_16_by_megami_tama-d3jb9v5

Next statement though...Mr. Stranger? Eh, where did that...? Oh. It took him a few moments of staring at the younger with a slight 'what?' expression before he realized he hadn't given his name in the first place. Well, toodles. Not that he was offended by being called a stranger, he just hadn't expected it. ''Good luck with it, I suppose. School can be a good start.'' At least he thought so. ''Ahem, also. Not that I mind being called 'Mr. Stranger', but I think I'm already weird enough without that.'', he would address towards the younger man in a lightly amused tone. ''The name's Sharaku, if you feel like remembering.'', he would add with a fleeting smile, as he looked at the other briefly.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Alex would cross his arms, "If you're weird than I'm just an oddity. Alex Michaels, if I didn't say it earlier... Hiki, to most." As he cocked his head, still holding his books as he heard the alarm on his phone starting to go off. Crap! He was late, speaking up in a suddenly hurried and startled tone. "Oh Damnit! I forgot! I was hanging out with Hotaka and Rita today! If I miss walking with Hotaka I'll never find my way! I need to check out and head out, Mister Sharaku!" Bowing to the other, though he still had possession of half the books.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:37 pm

''If you say so. Though, I wouldn't judge by first impression alone still.'' Sharaku would smile sharply, though nodding to Alex's introduction. There were plenty of weird and odd levels after all. And while not being a social butterfly was a little uncommon, he wouldn't classify it as truly weird. Maybe a little odd these days, but still entirely plausible. Not everyone was born confident, and it does take time to work it up. ''Ahem, sure, fine. Just don't forget these.'' , he would say in response to Alex's sudden rush, refering to the rest of the books in the latter part. ''Actually, I guess I can accompany you to the counter. Doesn't make a difference.'', he would conclude barely a moment after. It was the same. He had nothing better to do. Whatever Alex did, he would either stay where he was if the talk continued, or walk along with the younger man if he had decided to move already. Whichever action it was, he would give Alex a slightly curious look meanwhile, after actually realizing what had been said. He sure didn't know the first name the teen mentioned, but the latter was sort of familiar. ''If you don't mind me asking, the second friend of yours you mentioned. She wouldn't happen to have white hair and dark eyes, hm?'', he would inquire in a laid back manner. It wasn't a name he heard everyday, and he was interested to know whether he was thinking of the same person here.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Alex stopped at the counter, sitting books down with Sharaku's help as he brought up Rita's look. He turned and cocked his head towards the older male. "Rita? I mean... Yes she does... Wait... How do you know her?" Eyebrows arched a little, staring at him. It was weird to meet someone who knew Rita... Well, I mean, not really but it was the first time you met someone who you didn't go to school with that knew her. You waited for his response while the books were slowly being rung up. You knew how much it would cost already... This was a usual purchase for you, honestly, despite being two stacks high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next