Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Oh, that. Sharaku had heard the term before, having lived in Japan for quite a while, though he would admit he hadn't known that much of a detailed explanation for the meaning. Well, it was never a concern of his, to be completely honest. It did raise a question at this moment, however. Did the young man really like this kind of lifestyle? Sure, even Sharaku enjoyed shutting everyone off once in a blue moon, but being alone all the time in reality was...not really lonely per se, but boring at the very least. The corner of his lips would quirk in slight amusement at the younger calling him mister in return, before responding. ''Afraid of people..? I could see plenty of reasons to fear humanity, yes, but not all people are ultimately out to harm you. I don't think it's smart to live in fear. If someone threathens you, just push them back. If you learn to stand up for yourself, it shouldn't matter. I think you do have it in you, or else you wouldn't be talking to me at all.'', he would declare smoothly, giving a light chuckle. Afterall, the moment you give up, it may just be over for you. Life is not a wide, straight road. It never is.

''On another note though, are you japanese, or is it just a coincidence you'd have a nickname from that language?'', he would inquire, a bit interested as to whether the young man was from Azores or not. To be honest, it wasn't something he'd need to know, but curiosity killed the cat, not a human. And it would ease the somewhat serious conversation topic. As long as he didn't have to mention certain specific things about Japan himself, that is.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 pm

He sort of cowered down a bit when the observation was made. After all, he was only talking because he felt it was the proper thing to do when someone speaks back. You don't just run away or be silent... Not that it stopped him from doing so around Rita and Hitomi all the time but that was sort of different... The next question is what got him.. Asking about his origins. He smiled a little bit. "...Actually... My mother was Japanese... My father has more Prussian blood... So I came out a weird little... You know? Prussionese hybrid... Ironically.. I wasn't raised in either... Chuckling just a hair as he thought about his parents for the first time since he had came to the acadamy.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Sharaku would give the younger man a casual glance when he didn't get a single comment towards his statement, almost sighing. This one turned around moods rather quickly. What was wrong? He wasn't even trying to push to other down, just giving a point that didn't even have to be taken. He wasn't used to dealing with someone for whom he'd have to reconsider his speech wisely at first. So unusual. And right on point, the younger went back to casual speech. ''That's interesting. Then again I myself am not living where I was born, so such things happen.'', he would chuckle lightly. ''Can you speak either of those two languages?'', he would ask, a little curious. Moreso about the japanese, as he didn't even have an idea what kind of language Prussian meant. He wasn't...that sharp with all world languages even if he spoke three fluently.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:00 pm

That was actually a fun little question. He smiled and thought for a moment... He then took a pose, as he would unintentionally drop all of his books to the floor, putting one foot on a chair and raising his hand high in the air. A pose from an anime perhaps? Esclaiming loudly, a bit too loudly for a book store... "Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!?!"

There was a chorus of people telling him to shut up and silent down, which had him almost cowering again before he realized he dropped his books. He was quickly picking them up, and stood straight up once more. Cheeks as red as possible, as his words came more casually like last time than his fearful ones. "I'm not... Completely fluent... But I'm learning... I mean... I'd like to be a translator.. Some day...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:41 pm

'?!..' Wha-? Now, this was extremely unexpected. Did the young man seriously have mood swings, or was he just misunderstanding this? Because, a shy, cower kind of guy pulling such a stunt was....something he couldn't put together in any other way. Sharaku would chuckle lowly, shaking his head in slight disbelief at what he was seeing. Though, he did not understand the anime reference at all, he did understand what was said. That was enough for him now. ''Omoshiroi.'', he would say back, rather amused by the display nevertheless. ''Ore wa omotte nai yo.'', he would joke, somewhat. He didn't speak japanese often these days, but he did like the language itself, if nothing else.

''You're pretty good already. Though, I'd say it may not be too easy if you haven't been to the country before. It's easier to learn when you speak to natives. I wish you good luck on your dream still. Japanese is not an easy language.'', he would say lightheartedly, when the younger admitted to wanting to be a translator. Well, he'd have a road ahead of him, japanese can be a though one.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

He chuckled a little bit, nodding happily as he was surprised by the reply in the same tongue. He caught it perfectly, as he amended the books once more. I know it will be hard... But... Someone out there might need my help with the language... So I need to be ready for it..."

In truth you just liked being able to read and hear japanese so you didn't always have to rely on American translations. In addition to that, you felt calmer when you spoke it.. Mostly because of your mother. IT reminded you of her, all the time, forever. You chuckled a little before speaking once more. I'm sorry... I've kidnapped your time for awhile...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Well, positive thinking allright. At least the younger man wasn't giving up on that one. Still, Sharaku wasn't sure what to make of the other. He hadn't yet figured out why did the younger keep changing moods rather quickly. While it wasn't something that'd hurt him, he didn't really promote getting confused every once in a while by a random shift back and forth. ''Fair. Japanese seems to be one of the more popular languages, so you can't go wrong with that.'', he would smile thinly. He never got why were so many people obsessed with Japan, but didn't care enough to actually seriously want to find out either.

''Hm?''
, he would turn his head in the younger's direction at the apology. ''Ah, I already said it's fine. I wasn't doing anything important, and I've had plenty of free time on my hands in the first place. You needn't worry about that.'', he would explain, hopefully well enough. He really didn't mind. He wasn't about to be late for anything, so what was the problem to begin with?
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:54 pm

He smiled a little, nodding toward Sharaku. He was glad he wasn't being a pain... Atleast, he didn't SEEM like he was bothering him.. Damnit Paranoia, please go away. You're right... I just didn't want to keep you here talking to the weird kid~ Probably the first time he spoke without much problem, ironically, was when he was calling himself weird...

Well that, and when he was acting out scenes from an Anime. It was his own little world when he was watching them or doing things related to them. Social fears were kind of moot when you were focusing on such things. Like right now, while he was speaking..
You know, cause I'm all anime and video games and things that most people my age have grown out of..
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:25 pm

The weird kid, hm? Now where did that one come from? Sure, the younger man was acting a bit swingy, this and that, but Sharaku wouldn't classify that as really weird. In his opinion weird went places. Above and beyond. This wasn't enough for him to think of the other as weird for real. He would give the younger a faint amused smile. ''I think we have a different definition of 'weird' then. Because, I'd say I'm more weird than you, to be completely honest.'', he would state, it being rather obvious he found thsi exchange funny from his tone.

''Everyone has something that makes them different from another person. After all, everyone is unique, no? If you really enjoy those kind of things, then you should be proud of it. People usually frown on others because they don't understand, in which case, I'd personally suggest 'flipping them a finger', as some would put it, at least mentally, if not for real.'', he would declare, purposefully avoiding the anime and games subject by this. Because, admitting that he didn't know...anything about those aside from what they were and the basic stuff would not help the situation. Yes, it would surely make the younger feel better. All sarcasm of course.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:36 pm

He looked down, trying to think how to reply to that. He was sort of caught off guard by all of that. He was used to people just agreeing or being the ones to say it to him, not sit there and treat him like he's still normal despite all things he is. This guy treating him normal, let alone like a friend, was something you weren't used to. It was similair to Rita though.. She treated you like a friend and didn't weird out at all of your interests and stuff. All he could do is smile, and shrug before replying innocently. "But why would I flip birds? Don't they already have enough problems trying to fly?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Flip...birds? What the--Pff. All things considered, this was just too funny. Sharaku would end up laughing at that remark for a while, before looking back at the younger man. ''Worried about birds now? I'm sure they can handle.'', he would say in a mildly amused tone. ''That aside, why don't you try finding someone who has similar interests? I'm sure there are a few even around here. You just need to look.'', he would suggest lightly, going back to the previous topic for a bit. He would adjust the books he was holding under his arm meanwhile, waiting for any kind of response before conituing to say anything.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Alex thought about it for a bit. He could check out the Anime club at school... He wasn't sure if it even had members but it would be atleast in his best interest to give it a look. He was smiling happily though, glad he made the other laugh from his terrible joke. "I... suppose I won't die if I try going out an meeting people... I'm just so used to not meeting them face to face... You know?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:03 pm

''In a way.'', he would respond almost as if on cue. Which was pretty much true. While Sharaku couldn't say he knew how it felt to be used to not seeing people face to face, he did know what it was like to be 'used to' doing certain things in general. And quite a few, if he were to stop and count. ''Well, what I mean is, I know what it's like to be used to something.'', he would correct himself after a short moment. ''I'd say it's a good experience to try and break the habit. You might even see you're enjoying yourself.'', he would give the younger a light smile. In theory, at least. He himself didn't go out of his way very often, but that was not the point here. It wasn't really that...easy for him, for most at least. But, he was doing pretty good in general, so he didn't have anything pressing him to try in the first place. Not yet. Being afraid of meeting people face to face was a rather big one though.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Alex adjusted his glasses as an excuse for his long pause in conversation at this point. Breaking out of his safe zone was a frightening thing, especially because it was the SAFE ZONE for a reason. It was like telling someone to get out of the house while there was a tornado outside. Sure, you might be safe, but you also might be whipped away by a freaking tornado! HE sighed, in his own defeat before nodding. "I guess I'll try..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Hm, now that was a simple reply. It was obvious the younger wasn't very enthusiastic about it. But, his choice. Sharaku was a little more concerned about the fact that this conversation....wasn't really a conversation. He was fine with being the talker, but it felt a little weird to be answered so little. Oh well. ''Your choice still. I'm just saying it could give you a better outlook if you try. You don't have to if you think you're okay as you are.'', he would say in the end. He didn't want the other trying just because he said so. The teen needed to want to on his own judgement first. Otherwise it wouldn't work well.

''But, really, maybe we should change the subject. We're not having much of a conversation here.'', he would suggest lightheartedly, offering a friendly smile. Maybe this would be a better way to start. Talking about speaking up directly seemed to only make the younger shut up more. Reflex, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next