Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Into a New World (Beep 2.0)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

Into a New World (Beep 2.0) Empty
PostSubject: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 am

Naomi was continuing her wondrous exploration of the strange power she had been given and crashed straight through one of the pink doors. Namely, the door to her home island: San Malarus. She was expecting there to be another maze filled with Shadows, but she instead saw something that made her eyes twinkle. It was like one giant, sort of damaged computer. She was practically drooling at the sight. It was bathed in a strange pink light, which she followed all the way to the moon. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. This world was nothing like her own world. The streets were empty, which made her tilt her head in confusion. Where were all the people? She pulled out her tablet to try to find out anything she could about this place. That, and take plenty of pictures to study later. She had no doubt in her mind that a world that looked like this had some kind of source that could give her the information she was seeking, “Okay. Let’s see what’s up with this weird world.” Weird and fascinating. She had to stop herself from running around questioning everything. Goodness, she should have brought someone along to keep her on task. This was going to be a very long day… “Give me everything you’ve got.” Well, not everything. She didn’t want to be vaporized because she didn’t understand this place.

Human Skill:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:36 am

When Naomi accessed the internet using her Human Skill, her tablet would flash for a brief moment before changing entirely to a new, advanced interface. Naomi would be able to tell instantly that this was the internet of this world. The buttons on her screen would change, and she now had a new world to look through. One icon in the center though appeared to stand out. It was a sprite animation of a girl with a smile, with particles of blue floating around her, and her invisible legs.

Into a New World (Beep 2.0) Tumblr_static_67ykyb6rwloos4ko4ck8s48sc

If Naomi were to touch the icon, the shape would change into a more human-like figure, and grow larger. The figure would move around more fluently, and suddenly tap one of the clickable objects on the screen of her tablet, sending her to a Help section, before her body began to grow larger. Actually, it was more like she was running at the screen of the tablet, before pushing her head up against the screen. “Hello! Welcome to Beep 2.0’s Help Service! I am an A.I. designed to help you in your ways around this environment. How may I help you?” she said with a glorious wave, backing up to do a backflip while floating in midair. When she was finished, she would look to Naomi with a curious look that was similar to that of a child. “Ooooh, you are new! I know everyone about this place. But I have never seen you before. Are you new? Where did you come from? I am Beep! Nice to meet ya!” she said. She went from being a helpful guide to being a new playmate, like she didn’t know which one to focus on. “So what do you need? Can I help you at all?” she asked, pushing her head near the front of the screen, only showing her upper body, and jiggling one of her sleeve-covered arms to try and pull it out, but to no avail.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:22 am

Naomi’s eyes would widen as her entire tablet seemed to morph into something more than what she was used to. Whatever this world was, it was much more advanced than her own. That made her wonder what kind of technological secrets she could come across in this place. There was one thing that stood out more than anything however. In the middle of her screen was the icon of a legless girl. She was a little fearful of opening the application, since she had no clue what it would do, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. She tapped the girl, only to see it change and expand into something more. When it introduced itself as someone to help, she would smile. This was so much better than any search engine back in her world. She was going to figure out how it worked when it seemed to be talking to her. She lifted the tablet as if she would find something that way. Of course, she didn’t, “Wait. You can see me? How is that possible?” Now her head was spinning at this new discovery.

She would shake her head to refocus herself, “I’m sorry. My name is Naomi and I am new. In a way. I come from… a place that is very far away.” She wasn’t sure if she should reveal that she was crossing between dimensions. No one in their right mind would ever believe her. Unless that was normal in this world, “It’s nice to meet you, Beep.” She wondered just how advanced this AI was. It could obviously recognize faces and was capable of rational thought. Naomi wanted to get inside this thing and examine Beep herself, but she couldn’t do that. She was only human. Nevertheless, she did have a question. Several actually, “Could you tell me about this place called and what it is, Beep? See, where I come from is very different. Where are all the people? In such an advanced world, I’d think there would be more of them around.” She looked up, and pointed the screen toward the sky, “And why is the moon pink?” She didn’t think the world was that different, given how her body was holding up. That pink moon was weird though. Almost everything was here.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 3:28 am

“I can see you through your tablet camera. It makes it easier for me to recognize facial features in order to remember each person,” she explained thoughtfully. She would then shrink and move to the bottom right corner of the screen and lay on her stomach, swaying her legs while she rested her chin on her hands. “Far away? You don’t look like you’ve been on this island at all! You don’t even look altered like many people here. San Malarus doesn’t get many tourists….actually, I don’t think they get any….” She said, looking up, now lost in thought. But she would grow her wide smile all the same. “It’s ncie to meet you too Naomi! I can help you with all that and more!” With that, she would fly up to a icon on the top left which looked like an internet icon, and pushed on the internet page, flipping through them like they were large mats or large pieces of paper before opening up three pages; One consisted of a timeline of the recent history of this island, another was a popular article describing the culture and various technologies of the world (which mostly consisted of human augmentation and high tech terminals and methods of travel) to possible tourists, though the date was for a few years ago, so it was potentially unused, and one page describing all the local hotspots of the area, including the Glowing Leech, a few restaurants and bars, and a few neighborhoods.

Timeline of the Recent History of San Malarus

1990 – Android technology has been discovered and pioneered by unknown group of scientists.

1992 – First sightings of creatures called “Shadows” and sighting of the Dark Night Massacre, when Shadows rampaged for a short period of time, claiming many lives, until ended late this year when humanity’s fighting method of “Persona” suddenly appeared in a short few.

1999 – Technology continues to advance, including android augmentations to human bodies including limbs, certain organs, etc.

2003 – First appearance of pure androids with the power of Persona.

2005 – Beep 1.0 A.I. program begins short beta testing.

2007 – “Last Lunar Eclipse” occurs when the moon appears and begins to suddenly shift into various colors. Has not changed sense, and still shifts colors often.

2009 -  Beep 1.0 creates blackout among the city, and interferes with technology; which causes various accidents around the island, forcing the program to be shut down due to a lack of thorough testing.

2011 – Beep 2.0 begins beta testing.

2012 – Beep 2.0 passes and continues from this point as the longest running A.I. companion in San Malarus.

2013 – “Red Storm” night occurs, in which androids with Persona along with many humans with Persona are murdered, leaving less than .01% of the population with Persona. This statistic is alleged as since the "storm", virtually no one has shown a Persona since. Name of the time comes from a night when the moon glowed red and shaded the color of the rain.

2014 – Fighting pits both unofficial and official begin opening up around the island, supposedly as a way to either earn money or relieve stress.

2014-2015 – Technology  in android augmentation to humans advances while a noticeable standstill in android development  occurs.

Naomi would have as much time as she needed to view the pages while Beep twirled around. “Need anything else Naomi?~” she would ask.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Okay. She was a bit relieved to hear that Beep was seeing her through the camera, which made this far less creepy, but now she was worried because a small, smart little woman was using her camera without authorization. She was impressed with her, more than anything, “Like I said, I live very far away. It was actually hard for me to get here until recently.” So, this place was also called San Malarus, meaning this really was an alternate universe to her own. She almost wanted to run around and find out as much as she could first hand, but that never ended well in the movies. She would have to stay calm while she was here and investigate properly. Nothing would be harder.

When Beep showed her the timeline, she would pause at 1992… This world had Shadows and Persona and they were well known. Not only that, they were active outside of that maze. The murder those with Persona also caught her eyes, but not before something about the first Beep. She’d look at the little girl on her tablet with a somewhat sad expression. She couldn’t help but wonder if this Beep was okay. She was an AI that, so far, sowed she had emotions and thought. Was she okay knowing that the first Beep had only lasted four years before something went wrong, “Hey, can I ask a personal question? What do you like to do for fun?” She was asking a very tricky question here. This girl may have been an AI, with a personality and her own thoughts, but she still appeared to be programmed to help people. Naomi wondered if she would think about this logically as the helper, or emotionally as a living creature. Then again, it was possible to do both. She just wanted to learn about this Beep, and make sure that nothing bad would happen to her. She seemed too sweet to be shut down like her predecessor.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 pm

“But your tablet is so outdated! Did you modify it to connect with the internet here? You must be a talented mechanic. How did you get here?” she asked, reverting back to her childlike nature. She would twirl a few times, and until stumbling over, with a dizzy look on her face. She would remain that way until Naomi asked her her question, and shake her head back to normal. “Hm? I like to look around the internet. Watch things via camera, and see what people do. It’s fun to watch people do things. Look,” she said, flying up to the address bar of the internet and hitting it. Then, words would appear on it, taking the page to the website of the Glowing Leech, one of the more famous clubs around the island. Though when the page appeared, Beep's model seemed to flash and turn static, like the very act of going to the website interfered with her. She would twirl and appear to say some things as her model glitched out, but Naomi would only be able to hear the static of a TV from her mouth. Soon though, she would smack herself with a hand and she would be right back to normal, albeit a small part of one of her sleeves discolored for a few seconds before returning blue. “See? You can dance there, and even have a pow wow.” She would punch in front of her to emphasize what she meant. “But I dunno which thing is my favorite. Ever since I was born I have thought hard about it. I just can’t pick,” she said grabbing her head and swaying it with a confused face. Soon she would sit down on the bottom of the screen and look at Naomi. “But what do you do for fun? I like learning since I was designed to do it. Do you have any new things you do?” she asked.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Naomi would shake her head with a blush, “I’m not that talented. Just lucky.” That, and she had the backings of some supernatural powers. Same thing really, “Whoever helped make you is the really talented one. Back in my home, we can only dream of something as wonderful as you.” As for how she got here, “I just walked around a bit and ended up coming here.” Yeah, right through a door. It was actually really easy. She would watch as Beep went up to the search bar and went to a new site. As she began to glitch out, Naomi would yell at the screen, “Beep? Beep, are you okay?” She was afraid that something was wrong with her. It was possible her tablet, but she doubted it. As the little AI smacked herself to fix the problem, Naomi would look at her with concern. She acted like it was nothing, so she could only assume the girl was used to it, “That does seem like fun. And, don’t worry. You can have lots of favorites. No one is forcing you to only have one.” When Beep asked if  there was anything new she did, she would tilt the camera toward her legs and lift the pants she was still wearing. They had been getting better, but the scars from all her landings when trying to teach herself to jump were still there, “I’ve been learning how to ride a skateboard. It’s a lot of fun, but it’s also really hard work.” She’d dropped her pant leg and tilted the camera back up to her face, “So, you want to talk about what just happened with you? You kind of went staticy on me. Does that tend to happen a lot, or is it just because my tablet is outdated?” She needed to make sure that Beep was alright and not hurting because of it.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:59 pm

“Skateboarding? No one around here does that anymore. One scientist tried to create a hoverboard a long time ago, but it didn’t work. I guess that makes you unique?” she said, tilting her head like she didn’t know the answer herself. If it used to be done, and then isn’t done anymore save for one person, would that make them unique? She needed a second to mull over the two-hundred twenty three possibilities. Once that was done, she would then turn away from Naomi to move the site page up, scrolling through the menu. Every time she touched the actual internet page, the static jumped back up for a brief moment. She then turned back to Naomi and poked her temple a few times. “I dunno. Every time I look at things connected to the Glowing Leech’s mainframe via internet, I get all weird. I can’t seem to figure out why,” she said. It was a bother for her. She could not really tell why this club was so famous, as she could not actually see the site herself. She could direct others to it, but that was it. She didn’t know how to fix that. “Do you have any idea what is happening?” she asked calmly, again changing her demeanor. She really did not have a set personality did she?
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:24 pm

“I don’t think I’m that unique. Where I’m from, it’s still going strong.” She couldn’t believe how different this place was from her own San Malarus. Technology was king here, meaning everything else probably had to take a back seat. When Beep mentioned that it was this particular site that caused problems for her, Naomi would bite he thumb in thought. Her tablet seemed to be supporting the site just fine. That meant it was probably alright. The real problem was most likely something completely different, “Well, the most likely thing I can think of right now is that the site is trying to block you specifically. But I couldn’t know for sure without looking into it.” Beep was still a program as far as she understood, meaning that it could be possible to block her. She could always try to get rid of the proble, but she didn’t know this place well enough to try and hack anything. Granted, she could probably learn if she had enough time, “Is there any part of the site that you can’t access at all?” If she could look into that, she could find what Beep was being kept from. Then again, she was doing all of this based off of one assumption. Her guess probably wasn’t even right. For all she knew, the site could be fine and this was just a glitch in the AI’s system, “How long has this been happening to you, anyway?”
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:29 pm

“But you’re unique here right? Isn’t unique a subjective term?” she asked, like she was debating against Naomi. She was surely a new individual. At least in Beep 2.0’s eyes. But Naomi seemed to be more focused on her problems, which made Beep give a bashful look. “You don’t have to worry about me! I am supposed to help you Naomi. Don’t you need help wandering around?” she responded. She didn’t seem all too excited about investigating for herself. That was not what she was designed for. But she was designed to help people. This was quite the conundrum. Naomi had better things to worry about right? Like what was on the menu!
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Her face would become one of worry again when Beep said she didn’t need to worry about her. She couldn’t help it. Naomi was born worrying about other people. That didn’t seem to be something Beep wanted to talk about though, “Well, maybe you could show me around. Well, as best as you can anyway. I’d love to know what all these places are. Where do you think I should start?” It was best to ask a local, especially one who seemed to know everything about the place. She was glad Beep was here for her. If she had to navigate this place on her own, she would be doomed. There were hardly any people around, so there was no one to ask for directions. She didn’t have a GPS for this world, and with her sense of direction, it was a 50/50 split if she could find anything. She didn’t know if Beep could be hugged, but she wanted to, “Beep, you’re wonderful. You know that?” She was still giddy at the idea of talking to a functioning AI.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Beep was slightly relieved that she did not continue. The answer to her question was simple, but it was just not important to Beep. She then directed her to the original page she put up earlier of the local hot spots around San Malarus. “There’s so many places to go to around here. You’ll have plenty of time to search right?” she asked. It was always fun to get a new tourist to the new area. “You think I am wonderful? I hear a lot of locals say that, but a tourist saying that makes it even more cool!” she said. Now she was back to a child, not even speaking in perfect grammar. “So what do you intend to do Naomi? Gonna go out today?” she asked. She turned around and went up to the screen to poke at it. “What an odd tablet….you sure you didn’t come from another time period?” she joked with a giggle. Her technology was good, but a bit prehistoric for this island. Her eyes seemed to glow, "0"s and "1"s appearing in the irises in her eyes, studying the coding that made up her machine to check out what it was.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

“I guess I’ll have plenty of time to look around this place.” Assuming she didn’t need to get home anytime soon. When was dinner anyway? If push came to shove, she was sure she could find something to eat. Then again, she meant to check out this world in full over time. Maybe not everything today, but at least enough to get by, “The Glowing Leech seems to be really popular, so maybe I’ll go there. You did recommend it, after all.” If that’s what her happy explanation of the place could be called. As Beep’s eyes filled with 0s and 1s, Naomi would raise her voice, “Beep, stop that. That’s an invasion of privacy.” She warned the little AI. If she didn’t stop, Naomi would activate every sort of defense she had to keep her from going any further. She was afraid that Beep could come across something she shouldn’t, either by accident or on purpose. If nothing worked, she would have to turn off the entire thing. Beep hadn’t been there until she accessed the Internet, so she should leave if Naomi turned the tablet off. She hoped it wouldn’t come to that though, “I’m sorry. I just need something that no one else can see.” She hadn’t meant to snap at the AI. It just sort of slipped out.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 pm

When Naomi got upset, Beep’s eyes would turn back to normal, and shake her head, like that act she pulled was some kind of trance. “Oh. Sorry. I was just curious. Your machinery is so weird!” she said, making an over-the-top sad face. She would minimize and return to the bottom right corner of the screen. “Welp, I guess that’s all you need to get interested in this place. If you have any questions, I am here! I can wake up super easy!” she said. She would curl up into a ball, and close her eyes, turning back into a sprite animation, though this time it looked like she was sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Naomi couldn’t believe that she had gotten so angry with Beep. The AI was just trying to help her. When she seemed ready to go back to whatever that icon was, Naomi would wave goodbye to her, “I’ll see you later. I’m sorry if I seemed really upset.” She just didn’t feel comfortable with someone looking through her tablet. As Beep returned back into an animation, she would look around. She had to begin her investigation somewhere. At least Beep was here in case she needed someone. For now though, she would head off. The only place to start would be the Glowing Leech or the streets, and considering how many people seemed to be arounf… Hopefully she wasn’t getting in over her head.

{END}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into a New World (Beep 2.0)   Into a New World (Beep 2.0) Empty

Back to top Go down

Into a New World (Beep 2.0)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next