Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A little update - Page 7 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A little update - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A little update - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A little update - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A little update - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A little update - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A little update - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A little update

Go down 
+13
Jerry
Godai
Penny
Avaritia
Yatagarasu
Grantus
Roy F. Jones
Nyarlathotep
Genji Kano
Eris
MadTeaParty
Philemon
Xombie
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Penny

Penny

A little update - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 12:16 pm

Another quick update, due to issues found with the PEnd and MEnd system for such a scaling level system, the stats will only raise by 2% every 25 points in HP and SP respectively for PEnd and MEnd, solely for the Side Plot, on my behalf. This is to make it so people don't easily cap the stats very early on.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Character Templates have been updated. These templates are specifically for Endymion. Side plot templates can be found under side plot areas.

Persona Templates will be the next to be updated. This will most likely happen Sunday. For now, I will be making a new Rules topic with all updated rules. This means if you have any questions or clarifications you want to see on the rules, ask them now in Q & A. I will be adding most content to the rules from questions asked in that topic.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Updated Rules have been moved under Vital Information. Next I will be updating the Strengths and Weaknesses FAQ, the "What is a Persona?" FAQ, and potentially will start the new Persona templates tonight.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:28 pm

The Azores plot is finally done, so you can tally your points in the following thread for your characters:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t2844-the-azores-achievement-board

Rita as you can see is heading the current sideplot, and Philemon for the next Endymion. Azores is taking a little break, for now.

It was a fun run with you all, and I hope to see you soon in future plots. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 pm

So it has been brought to my attention that some people find the bonus stats from levels a bit too high now that we have a more linear and accessible experience system for it, making high levels not just something to grind for, but something you will inevitably gain simply by participating. I also heard that most people seem to like the idea of having 5 points across the board, with 10 on HP and SP both, and then 5 to distribute where you like. I'm in favor of this idea, so for the Side Plot that is being run right now, the stats gained will change to that in favor of testing how balanced this is. This is effective immediately but subject to change. The plot is just getting started, so it's honestly the best time to find a good ground to stand on when it comes to this new system.

A run-down, from now on, for every level, you will earn 5 points in your combat stats, 10 in HP and SP, and have another 5 extra to distribute however you like. Those who started at a higher level than others, you are allowed to rework your stats to accommodate this. Those who haven't gained levels yet, as soon as you do, you will use these totals for the purposes of testing. Be forewarned, this is for the Side Plot only as of the time I am writing this, Philemon may or may not agree to this decision, but I am leaving it up to her. Thank you for your time, have some Aigis:

A little update - Page 7 Tumblr_n10f9gIZt61rdrzuxo8_250
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:07 pm

A small little update, but in Erisia, due to it being a Side Plot and no-one wanting it to take a very long time to finish, I am going to enforce a 24-hour time limit on plot threads for everyone. That means, if you are in a fight and don't post for your turn for 24 hours, without giving an explanation as to why that is, your turn will be skipped. This will come into effect immediately for Erisia. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:29 am

Happy belated Thanksgiving! Now, I know I'm a bit late on this, but the holidays are always a special time, one for food, football, and hoping the turkey didn't turn out too dry. But Thanksgiving is, as says in the name, a time to give thanks, and give things. Now, this giveaway won't be as extensive as, say, a Christmas event, but I have some items for you all to enjoy!

Every character can add one of these to their Compendium:

Pilgrim Hat | A stylish black hat with a golden buckle tied on it. It looks good! Items recover 20% more HP/SP when used. | Head

And now, everyone can pick two items out of this list to give their chars:

Leftovers: Straight from yesterday's dinner! Turkey's a bit dried up, but it's still good, and looks like there's a lot too! Recovers 20 HP every turn, for five turns.

Tofu Block: For those who prefer an alternative vegetarian meal, this is here for you! Be careful, though, you might want to add something to it before eating. Recovers 40 HP and dispels Poison.

Apple Pie Slice: It's never a true meal without a delicious dessert! Eat this and your mouth may taste of sweet sweet apple for way longer than just a day. Recovers 20 SP every turn, for five turns.

Chocolate Pie Slice: Ohmygodyou'vegottabekiddin'meit'ssooooogooooooooooood... Raises Speed by 20% for three turns from the sugar rush.

Medium Cup of Coffee: For those who prefer to have a simple dessert instead of stuffing their face full of sugar... or maybe they just like coffee, who am I to judge? Makes User immune to Poison and Fear for three turns, but makes them susceptible to Rage.

Cup'o'Noodles: For those who simply can't afford a large feast. Recovers 60 HP.

Soda: To go with the noodles. Careful, it's fizzy! Recovers 60 SP.

Hope you guys like this gift, and make sure you enjoy the holidays! For now, I leave you with whatever you chose, plus that hat. Have fun~
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:27 pm

This is effective immediately. By immediately, I mean as in right now.

Boosts and Amps no longer stack. By this I mean, you cannot have multiple amps on the same persona, stacking them up. You cannot have multiple boosts on the same persona, stacking them either.

You can have one amp and one boost on the same Persona, however.

When it comes to different amps and different boosts, you can have multiple. So if you wanted a Garu Amp and a Bufu Amp, you could do that. But that's the only exception.

If you currently have a Persona that breaks this rule, you have free reign to switch out the skill with another that fits the skill slot.

When the skills are revised, this will be put on the new skill list aswell as a mandatory rule.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Hello, people, it's Aigis again! Have you been enjoying your holidays? Great! Now, I know everyone at New Arcana may be busy and such, but hopefully I can get a bit of your time to do just this~? I really feel like, to capture the feeling of Christmas, I couldn't just let you all pick what you want by yourselves, but have someone else give it to you. Isn't that more traditional? Now, don't worry, whoever you are, I'm sure people will give you the gift that suits you and you specifically, so don't fret if you think you'll get bad stuff from this, oh no~ For this event, it's a mystery what you'll get, but obviously, there will be hints!

First and foremost, for the purposes of this giveaway, every has the right to add a 2000 VC Coupon to their Inventory that is just to be used with these items. What items, you ask? Well...

You have the choice of buying a plethora of gifts for other people:

Soldier's Box | Contains something that benefits the trained man or woman you so know, they're sure to like it~ | 100 VC (Ppstr Focus)

User's Box | When you know someone that relies a little too much on their Persona, give them this to further that behavior even more! | 100 VC (Pmstr Focus)

Speed-o-Sound Box | For the peeps who like to go fast! | 100 VC (Luck Focus)

Not-a-phase Box | Know someone that just doesn't like using their Persona or other self, like, at all? Well, give them this to show just how much you know how independent they are! | 100 VC (Dex Focus)

Mystery Box | This, uh... well, I'm not sure what this is, but most people will probably like it...? | 150 VC (???)

Christmas Feast Box | For all your hungry needs! | 100 VC (Consumable Items)

Iron Box | Ooph, this one MAY be tough to open when you don't have a crowbar. Make sure to give that as a gift too. | 150 VC (Endurance Focus)

When picking out a gift, you choose one of five ribbons for it, either Red, Green, Blue, Silver or Gold, then you wrap them up and send them out to the person you're giving it to! Any remaining VC on the coupons will be able to be cashed in after the holidays pass, so don't worry about that~ That said, what's in the presents will be revealed on Christmas Day this year, so don't fret too much! It'll all be pretty great~

(Note: Do not give presents to yourself or your alts, or else Aigis will be very very mad at you and you'll probably not like it <3; also, disclaimer, this is ONLY for Erisia. You can make topics to give gifts if you want, or not, it's up to you.)

Now, then, Happy Holidays, everyone~

A little update - Page 7 M0Gfrwn

(IMPORTANT: Do not give one person multiple of the same box and bow combo. I thought this was logical, but the same combo will give that person the same item multiple times. You wouldn't give someone the same equipment piece twice, would you? To make things simpler, it is just not allowed to give that person two of the same combo of box and bow, simple as that. Anyone who has done that, feel free to revise.)
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 4:00 am

Phew, Christmas came and went and now we're back with another update! Now, I'm sure you all are excited to get your presents, so was I, so let's cut straight to the point, shall we? Here are your gifts revealed!

Soldier's Box:

User's Box:

Speed-o-Sound Box:

Not-a-Phase box:

Mystery Box:

Christmas Feast Box:

Iron Box:

And that's it! Did you all get what you wanted? Did you by chance get something you didn't want? Well, never fear, people, if there is something you wish to get rid of, you are free to trade among yourselves to find the best combination, but be forewarned that this, unlike gift exchanges, require IC trading. If there's an item you wish to sell, PM me and I can tell you what to sell it for! And no, they aren't worth a whole lot. As for the coupons, you are free to withdraw any VC left on them now, for your own usage. Have fun~

-Aigis
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm

The skill Apt. Pupil is getting its overdue change. It's turned from its old effects to the following skill that will replace it, effective immediately:

Daredevil | Increases User's Critical Hit rate by 30%, however user has an extra 30% chance of being critically hit. | Passive | Tier 3

If you have the skill and wish to change your skillset due to the change, feel free to edit it accordingly.

EDIT: The Aeon will boost it to a 40% chance to critically hit, but a 40% chance to be critically hit.

A little update - Page 7 Tumblr_nqgjn8GGEN1sabhmmo3_1280
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:24 pm

This was brought up, but to make it clear all around the board. For Persona Users and classes who get multiple Personas, you can pick a different boost between your Arcana if your Arcana has multiple options for boosts. For Rogues, this works the same way in Persona Overdose, your passive Arcana boost during the duration can be something else within the Arcana. The Soon-to-be outdated template for Rogues was updated for anyone using them for Azores, or if Phile plans to replace them, either way just had to make that clear.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:23 am

The sequel to Azores will be beginning very very soon. So everyone feel free to prepare. Those who signed up for the prologue will have their topic when ready. Until then, consider Azores reopened for threading.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 pm

A few things. So I put up a new character type idea and a poll to see when people want to test it if at all beyond the ones that are. You can find a description and poll (lasts for seven days at the time of this update) here:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t3772-test-class-for-azores-2-demons

The reason why I am putting this up is because Demon Summoners are returning for Azores 2, and the updated template for Azores can be found here:

https://newarcana.forumotion.com/t511-demon-summoner-side-event-template#2808

If you wish to make one, use this template. For the time being, these two types will only be available in Azores unless said otherwise. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 3:09 pm

New Persona Templates will be put into place tonight. If anyone is still using the older templates, they will not be deleted, just moved to archives.

I must make a note here that I will put elsewhere aswell. If you are making a Persona that is solely support, and the requirement is to defeat X amount of enemies; the amount of enemies your teammates have defeated will count as yours aswell, as you supported them.

Also, just a reminder that some skills on the skill list will be changing and new skills will be getting added aswell. This will happen either tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know when.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little update   A little update - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

A little update
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next