Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Free Time [Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Karsu

Karsu

Free Time [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:36 am

"Well... I only visited Portugal once, during the 5th grade. My mother, U.S. Navy, was assigned there for a summer and she decided to bring me there for vacation. I had to learn ALOT of Portuguese. I forgot most of the words now, but when you said that phrase; It made me remember some words. And...yeah, it's 'kinda' obvious." Akashida said while smiling and and rubbing his head. | This is pretty awesome. I'm coming back from my Hikkomori life and I already meet a cool person. |

Akashida's curosity got the better of him. He asked the Portuguese man "I have to ask now. Are you visiting this Region? Or are you originally born here?"

Akashida couldn't believe it. He was thinking back on the fact that earlier today, he was refused a job that was taken a few weeks ago and that right now, approximately a good 3 minutes after the conversation with a Manager, that he was socializing and having fun. Suddenly, almost like a second nature, Akashida looked at his watch. | Huh, interesting |

He then took out his phone. Akashida raised his eyebrows.
He then asked a question towards the people in between Akashida and The Portugan (This is now a thing in Akashida's mind):

"Hey everyone, you all have 10:47 AM as your correct time right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:16 pm

The reaction was what Yuuto was expecting. Laughter. Mixed with dismissal. He bit his lip, and balled his fists, anger slowly working his way through his body. How dare they laugh at him?! If he were a more confident person, he may have said something back. Instead, he took another breath, and crossed his arms. A question about the time eventually came up. Yuuto moved his arm slightly so he could check the watch. Still angry about being laughed at, he decided not to say anything. He sighed,leaving was starting to sound like a good idea, and he was wishing he had just done it in the first place. Everyone else knew the time, one of them would say something. That's how it always worked. He would stick to the sidelines, someone else would answer, and everything else would turn out okay.

It seemed like most of the people here had some schedule to keep, Yuuto wasn't going to lie he didn't have one, He had somewhere to be later, but it seemed like it would be pushed back a bit. He figured he'd have to say something...so...

"Anyone here play Video Games?" Yuuto asked, it was the first thing that had popped into his head.

((OOC: Sorry for the late response.))
Back to top Go down
Pear-kun

Pear-kun

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Noticing that the boy was getting a bit angry, Akira stopped grinning, took a step back and sighed. He felt a bit bad for laughing at the nervous boy. The only thing he could do was to apologize again. Just when Akira was about to apologize one more time, the boy behind Akira had asked a question about the time. However Akira didn't really hear it that well since he was too focused on apologizing to the nervous boy.

Akira was taken back for a moment when the boy asked the question. Akira paused for a bit before turning around. When Akira turned around, the boy who had just asked the question was quite tall.  "Huh? Sorry, but what was the question again?" Akira asked as he gave a slight smile. Just when Akira had asked the question. Another question popped up. This time it was from the nervous boy, asking everyone if they played video games. The nervous boy didn't seem as nervous any more. "Video games? I play it once in a while. respnded Akira.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:31 pm

Julian's eyes widened slightly in response to the gentleman's answer. So this guy came from another country as well? Interesting. Although he could already tell that these islands attracted a pretty interesting bunch of people; just glancing through the crowds--heck, even this line--proved that.  

Well, this kid certainly didn't have any trouble talking. He'd seemed nervous at first, but he appeared fine now. That is, if his rather interesting reponse was any indication as to how he was feeling. // Huh...he's a pretty lucky guy. // Most kids, as far as he knew, didn't always have the luxury of going with their parents overseas, especially if it was for military purposes. But, then again, maybe it was more common than he knew. It wasn't as if he had an extensive knowledge of the military anyways. Point being, being able to go to Portugal at a young age was pretty cool.

The subject changed pretty quickly, though. Normally, Julian would have been all too happy to tell this guy the time himself, but...well, seeing as his own clock had decided to slack off today, he couldn't really do anything there. Instead he opted to shrug apologetically, a half-smile replacing his grin. Oh well. Nothing he could do now.

// Hm? // The boy's ears perked as he heard someone say that magic word.  Peering around the gentleman and the teen who had begun talking to him, Julian grinned and raised one hand in the air. "I do." Maybe a bit of an understatement, but eh. He leaned against the railing once more so as to have a better view of who he was talking to. Eye contact was important, after all. "What kinda games you play?"

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 6:37 am

''Ah, interesting. You're still pretty good. Portuguese is by no means easy to learn.'', Sharaku would smile thinly. This was quite a surprising turn of events indeed. ''And here I hoped I wasn't...'', he would mutter quietly when the teen said that he actually was obvious. But hey, that was only because someone actually recognized the language. There would be nothing obvious otherwise. ''This time, neither is fully correct. I had been moving a lot, but currently I live here. However, I was born in Portugal. Do you live here?'', he would reply in a friendly tone, asking a small question on his own, so he wouldn't be the only one answering. 'Hmmm, perhaps...' ''Prazer em conhecê-lo, Senhor. Como o senhor se chama?'', he would say after a moment, wanting to see if he'd be understood. The teen did say he already forgot a lot, but it wasn't as if he was saying anything too complex.

Pausing for a moment when the subject of time came again, he would reply nonchalantly in a moment. ''I believe so.'' He did not feel like taking his phone out again, so he just made a guess from the quick glance he got at the time earlier. The two others behind seemed to sort of resolve the previous misstep, and another question was asked. 'Video games....' Well, screw him. That wasn't a subject he knew a lot about. Everyone seemed to say yes, and while he did not want to be the odd one out, there wasn't really a way out of this. ''Well, well. I don't really. Or, more like never had the chance to, if I am to put it correctly. I have no problems listening to the talk though.'', he would say, shrugging a little. What esle was there to do? Maybe he could learn something new as well.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:21 am

{OOC Note: Well...I was searching up gameplay to show my style of play. I was thinking of using Call of Duty, but I realized that I can use the Daigo vs. Justin Wong match to show my "power" . }

Akashida took in "Prazer em conhecê-lo, Senhor. Como o senhor se chama?" trying to see what he remembered. He didn't remember much else. However, he heard something about Sir and Name.... or was it Day?

"Well....I believe you asked me something about my name or how my day was. Well..." He raised his arm with a handshake but then the topic 'Video Games' and Akashida felt an almost child-like giddiness.

He tried to keep his almost Killer-like smile and just surprise everyone in the line. He put his arm down and took out his phone. Being silent, Akashida tried searching up one of his old tournament videos from THAT time.  | Where was it? I know I had it Favorited somewhere... |

"Ah! Here we go!" He then put his phone in one hand, showing everyone in line one of his first Gaming tournaments. Akashida then raised his right arm to show a handshake again, introducing himself.

"Also, my name is Akashida Karasuma and my day is doing well. Thank you for asking. You asked me about if I live here, right? Well... I moved here about 3 maybe 4 days ago... I don't have a current residence yet, but I'll be living in the Zela Academy dorms. Though right now..." Akashida looked embarrassed, biting his lips. "I'm currently zipping through some motels."

{ OOC Note: Hey, do you guys mind pretending that the video is in japanese and you hear the word Akashi instead of Justin? Thanks and forgive me... }

"Also guys, to note: I am Blondie with the Karategi. Also known as a karate uniform."

Last edited by Karsu on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add more detail)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Introductions were inevitable Yuuto was impressed this kid looked good.

"I'm...Yuuto Hagase. I've lived here for as long as I can remember. I go to Zela Academy and I'm a Third Year. I've been living at the School Dorms. I usually play characters like Slayer or Rachel in fighting games. As for what genre I play, any kind but sports games." Yuuto said, suddenly in his comfort zone. He almost felt like smiling, but remained still. A future schoolmate would be at least nice to know about. Yuuto shoved his hands in his pockets. Feeling bored again.

"I don't go to tournaments. Too noisy." Yuuto sighed, full on bored. Telling the truth, it was less about the noise and more about the people. Most people there were was too obsessed with the game, whilst Yuuto was more in it for fun. It just got annoying listening to other people talk about their supposedly unbeatable combo, which Yuuto knew was easy to beat. Another reason he didn't go was the attention. Being the center was strange, and he could feel all the eyes on him. It was unnerving and threw him off way too much. He was more at home in online play. He'd stay on the sidelines as long as needed.
Back to top Go down
Pear-kun

Pear-kun

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 8:28 pm

"So we're introducing ourselves now? Well then, I'm Akira Narumi I just moved here a day ago. I live on San Malarus Island and I'm going to be a second year at Zela Academy. Nice to meet'cha." Akira said with his wide grin back on his face. "As for what video games I play, I usually play whatever looks fun." Akira didn't really know what to say. He doesn't have much knowledge on video games since he only plays them a couple of times each month. Plus he only started playing video games last year. After a pausing for a few seconds, Akira made a slightly embarrassed smile.

"Sorry, but i don't know a lot about video games." Akira felt of place. Everyone seemed like they played a lot of video games with the exception of the Portuguese man. Having nothing else to say, Akira just stood there smiling as he watched the video of the fighting game tournament.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 11:56 pm

...Whoa. That sure took off fast. It seemed like practically everyone was clamoring to answer that one little question. The one guy who recognized the Portugese the gentleman was speaking had even whipped out his phone and was showing a video to everyone. He watched a few seconds of it, mildly interested, before turning his focus back to the line, which had started moving. // Juuuust a few more people. //

Once he'd shuffled forward those few steps and got closer to the cars at the front, Julian returned his attention to the conversation at hand. He heard some people offer their names, and even the fact that they'd be starting school here soon. Well, not here here, like amusement park here, but at Zela Academy, which, as far as Julian knew, was the only school on these islands. The gamer guy was even going to be a classmate of his. Interesting.

For now, though, Julian would merely listen in on the conversation. So many people were talking all at once, and he wanted to be able to sort through everything was said. Besides, just jumping into the talk would make it even more confusing. And hey, sometimes just sitting back and learning could be fun...and maybe even worthwhile, if you played your cards right.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 6:35 am

'Eh?' Well, someone was distracted quickly. At one moment, he was being offered a handshake, the next the teen was enthusiastically working on showing them some kind of video. 'Oh well, whichever...' Sharaku would watch the match shown, even though he technically had no idea what the deal of the thing was. Considering his lack of knowledge on that subject, he would remain quiet most of the time, at least until it came back to introductions.

He would take the once again offered handshake with a light smile. He had not exactly asked about Akashida's day, but he supposed it was close enough, and worked well either way. Nodding, he listen to the rest give their own introductions, except the dark haired male in front of him, before giving his own response. ''Very well. My name is Sharaku Rikei. I've lived here in Penecia for two months. I don't study anymore, I'm too old for that already. It's a pleasure to meet you all.'' He was slightly amused at the idea of being the only one not in school anymore. Even though one of them remained quiet, he seemed to be in a simlilar age group to the rest, so it was safe to assume he was a student too. The funny part was, he hadn't been in school for much longer than he should have, but that couldn't be helped. With all that said, he would stay quiet, not speaking up more at the moment, not having a reason for it. There was a lot of talk already, and besides, the line was slowly getting shorter.
Back to top Go down
Karsu

Karsu

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Akashida was slightly dissapointed. When he showed his tournament video, the line moved closer and closer up. Because of that, they hadn't seen the end of the video. However, he wasn't that pressed that everyone should see the ending. So he just let it go. Akashida turned to Yuuto and he said "Yuuto. To be honest, that was one of the few tournaments that I went to. I was on and off about it and  I really don't care for tournaments now. But the feeling is mutual." | Well... if you count that and having your ego boosted whenever you play games on the stage. | Akashida was now interested in Yuuto's gaming skills, asking him  "You wanna play me in the Arcade after this?"

Akashida put his phone away, and then looked at the line. It wasn't that long, but the people here made it seem like time passed by quickly. Akashida made a mental note in his head. | If I ever see these guys again, I'll probably hang out with them. |  

He then realized...or assumed that Sharaku WASN'T in School. He then said "Woah. Really Sharaku? I had you for a 3rd year in Zela... You look pretty young! Of course, for a... 20-somehting...Oh! A 24 year old?"

Last edited by Karsu on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to color a line my char. has said)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 10:25 pm

"T-the arcade? S-sure I guess." Yuuto said, surprised at the offer. Still, he would probably end up the arcade anyway, might as well spend the time with someone he at least casually knew. Yuuto blinked twice. Now realizing he was starting to be interested in these people. He'd use a pay phone to call his parents and let them know what was going on. He'd be back at the dorms a bit later, but that just made it easier to avoid the others.

"The line gets shorter and shorter..." Yuuto muttered, he had the feeling he'd go right to the dorms on his way back rather than do what he had intended. Applying for a job at the Ramen shop would wait a day, or maybe a week.
Back to top Go down
Pear-kun

Pear-kun

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:15 pm

While listening to the conversation, Akira started counting the amount of people at the front of the line again. There were only few more minutes before it was their turn on the ride. Everything was going pretty good and Akira found himself enjoying his day. He had met some pretty interesting people and was happy that he decided to come here instead of staying back in his apartment. Noticing that the dark haired teen haven't introduced himself, Akira decided to go talk to him.

"You been quite for a while. So what's your name?" Akira asked the dark haired teen as the line shuffled forward a bit.
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:40 pm

And just like that, most of the conversation died out. Huh. Was it because the line moved? It couldn't be that walking and talking were too hard to do simultaneously. It couldn't be that they ran out of things to say. They'd barely been taking for five minutes. ...Oh well. Now that the only chatter was between the military boy and--Sharaku, he said his name was?--the portugese man. Julian hadn't been quite sure about the latter's age; on one hand, his features seemed pretty young, but on the other, he was a few inches taller than Julian himself. Pretty impressive, considering the teen was a bit over six feet.

// Hm? // The dark-haired boy looked towards another male behind the gamer guy. Oh. He was being asked for his name. Immediately a bright grin replaced his neutral expression, his silver eyes lighting up with what almost looked like glee. "Sorry 'bout not saying anything. I'm Julian." For now, he'd leave it at that. After all, the guy only asked for his name, right? There didn't seem to be a reason for him to say anything else besides that.  

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2014 7:06 am

After introductions were done and over with, most of the talking had diminished, even if there was still a little bit of waiting left. Sure, the line had moved considerably during their talk, but it would still be a few moments. Well, they were just a group of strangers that met only a while ago. Perhaps it made sense there wasn't enough to talk about for hours like best friends would do. Akashida had spoken up though, and seemed genuinely surprised. 'Hm, do I look that young...?' True, it wasn't like he already had wrinkles or something, but that didn't mean...Oh, maybe because he didn't grow out a beard? But he knew he looked horrible with that anyway. Still, it was somewhat amusing that Akashida said he looked like a 3rd year in the Academy at first and finished with an estimate that was actually higher than the truth. Scratch the previous thoughts though, now that he thought about it more, he was not that much older than a 3rd year student would be.''Do I really? Well, isn't that good to know. Not 24 though, it's actually 22, but good guess.'' He was sincerely amused by the whole idea, but he had to admit it was sort of like a compliment. Most likely unintended, but he'd take that.

Taking a short look around, he could see one of them, what was his name..Akira?, starting a short conversation with the dark haired young man, but he would keep focused on the line for now. No need to force more conversation unless anyone wanted. He would however answer if he was adressed still, as he figured Akashida may have something to say in response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Time [Open]   Free Time [Open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Time [Open]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next